Version 2.3 feedback

NO quote's... coz i just woke up. :p

Jungles issues - If we want an unhealthy tile, why not make the marshland like in civ2 and revolution.

The jungle commando idea - great one! I think the woodsman promotion is too general. Since a jungle and a forest are totally different, why not have 2 promotions. And i also read about a new feature in some mod, that will make "invisibility" traits. Something like scouts would be invisible in jungles/forest unless u have another scout or a scouting promotion or something like that. Think its an amazing idea! :goodjob:

Dye issue - Also in my game, don't want to give me nothing for it! I was blaming it on in game antisemitism factor. :lol: Since other have this problem i think its a bug. :nuke:

White Flag - I think your starting out at war with everyone because of the "Start as Minor Civ" option? Try starting a custom game and looking at the bottom of the options menu. Once you get the Library tech (I think?) then you go back to normal as a major civ & wars can be stopped.
Personally, I think it's kind of cool and adds fun to the start of the game - you can start fights with everyone and only have to calm down once you become more 'civilised' :lol:
I guess there's probably an ini setting to disable it somewhere?

Ogaburan - thanks for confirmation of the Dye problem - not just me going mad then!

I would like to see the world wonder limitation in cities abolished, or at least set to six per city, for people that like to play on small maps. And the national wonder limit increased to at least 4. Thanks.

"One could say that Iraq is now vassal/puppet state of USA..."

And Afghanistan as well.

Just like USA is a puppet state of Israel... lol! So many puppets sooner or later all their strings will get tangled up!

Thanks BadaBing.;)

If they are ready to fight, i'm ready to.
I find it curious at the begining, but it's more funny like this.:lol:
Can i be more civilised and stop war ? heum ! i have to discuss on this point.:D

I have the dye problem now too. AI's won't accept it, you guys were right. It must be a minor bug.

Dye has had a problem since RoM1.0 iirc. For an AI to accept Dye they must have the appropriate level of buildings/trade/tech to utilize it. If they don't they won't have anything to do with it. And it's a fairly sophisticated combo for them to achieve. It's usually after Industrial age before I can trade it.

This set of behavior has been with RoM for sometime now. There is another resource that has a similar set of *high* standards before it can be traded, but I can't think which one it is right now.

JosEPh

Alright, a few things that I'd like to mention:
1. In game, civilizations that I knew, but no longer exists are still on the civilizations list on the right
2. The Jungle / Marsh idea sounds great, although i do have a few ideas. Jungles could be like what you mentioned with the increased stats while Marshes have the still water that breeds bacteria, they could take on the unhealthiness that current BtS Jungles have. You could also tie the Plague event with Marshes, where only cities with marshes next to them get the event including all the civs/other cities that city is trading with.
3. The Jungles/forests bordering any marshes could get a decrease in healthiness since the insects/parasites would expand to nearby jungles/forests, but return to breed. While the Marsh unhealthiness would also get affected by nearby jungles/forests. If a jungle/forest gets cut down, the insects would have less living space, and have a smaller population, leading to a healthier marsh.
4. Marsh unhealthiness could be obsolete by Medicine unless a plague event happens, giving the marsh a temporary, but drastic health decrease.
5. The Fusion Power Plant would seem a bit fantastical, being that you can't exactly use fusion as a power source without vast amounts of pressure, which wouldn't be possible en mass. The closest thing we have to that right now is the large atomic accelerator that the Swiss have, that is able to fuse atoms much easier than any particle accelerator. While on the other hand, Cold Fusion should be moved closer to the modern era since Japan has made a prototype of a cold fusion cell.
Spoiler :
In 1989, a scientist in Japan created a Cold Fusion Cell, but shortly destroyed it since he feared it would overheat, it took him 2 weeks, and 10 5-gallon buckets of water to cool it. He made no records of measurements, and was unable to reproduce it until 1990, a scientist in the US made one, in which he also experienced the excess heat it produced.
So, as a world wonder, you could have a prototype cold fusion cell that would require a particle accelerator to make the Heavy Water needed.
Spoiler :
The bar in the center is made of Palladium, it's submerged in heavy water (The Hydrogen in heavy water has 2 Neutrons), and if done PERFECTLY(perfect amount of Heavy Water, perfect thickness of the Palladium bar, etc), then it would produce heat.
Then have the prototype allow the national wonder be built for all civs(which would require a few particle accelerators as well).

I have the dye problem now too. AI's won't accept it, you guys were right. It must be a minor bug.
I'll have to check its modifiers and see if there's more buildings that could use this resource early in-game which would increase its value.

Alright, a few things that I'd like to mention:
1. In game, civilizations that I knew, but no longer exists are still on the civilizations list on the right
2. The Jungle / Marsh idea sounds great, although i do have a few ideas. Jungles could be like what you mentioned with the increased stats while Marshes have the still water that breeds bacteria, they could take on the unhealthiness that current BtS Jungles have. You could also tie the Plague event with Marshes, where only cities with marshes next to them get the event including all the civs/other cities that city is trading with.
3. The Jungles/forests bordering any marshes could get a decrease in healthiness since the insects/parasites would expand to nearby jungles/forests, but return to breed. While the Marsh unhealthiness would also get affected by nearby jungles/forests. If a jungle/forest gets cut down, the insects would have less living space, and have a smaller population, leading to a healthier marsh.
4. Marsh unhealthiness could be obsolete by Medicine unless a plague event happens, giving the marsh a temporary, but drastic health decrease.
5. The Fusion Power Plant would seem a bit fantastical, being that you can't exactly use fusion as a power source without vast amounts of pressure, which wouldn't be possible en mass. The closest thing we have to that right now is the large atomic accelerator that the Swiss have, that is able to fuse atoms much easier than any particle accelerator. While on the other hand, Cold Fusion should be moved closer to the modern era since Japan has made a prototype of a cold fusion cell.
Spoiler :
In 1989, a scientist in Japan created a Cold Fusion Cell, but shortly destroyed it since he feared it would overheat, it took him 2 weeks, and 10 5-gallon buckets of water to cool it. He made no records of measurements, and was unable to reproduce it until 1990, a scientist in the US made one, in which he also experienced the excess heat it produced.
So, as a world wonder, you could have a prototype cold fusion cell that would require a particle accelerator to make the Heavy Water needed.
Spoiler :
The bar in the center is made of Palladium, it's submerged in heavy water (The Hydrogen in heavy water has 2 Neutrons), and if done PERFECTLY(perfect amount of Heavy Water, perfect thickness of the Palladium bar, etc), then it would produce heat.
Then have the prototype allow the national wonder be built for all civs(which would require a few particle accelerators as well).
1. Must be small python "bug".. current python code for that score list is a combination from BUG 3.0 and Revolution mods - I'll have to check their forum section and see if there's similar bug reports...

2. That's basically the same thing that I had in mind - Marsh would give unhealthiness and it would be difficult plot to work on. Jungles would get slightly increased modifiers

3. Even though this is nice idea I don't think it would be good thing to implement it since it would increase calculations for map squares each turn. Basically game would have to go through each plot and check if there's marsh and if it finds it then it would check all surrounding squares for jungles. I don't think we want to slowdown turns more than it currently is. Plus I don't think I'll be able to make this kind of effect with python...

4. Plague events stop after Medicine discovery and historically plague hit whole Europe several times and most of those areas aren't marsh terrain. Marsh should still keep its unhealthiness after medicine, even on these modern times swamp areas spread diseases carried by insects.

5. ITER project in this mod represents the experimental fusion reactor which is currently on construction (started 2006) and is suppose to be operational by 2018. This project should give enough information for scientists how to build the actual fusion power plants. By the way, fusion (in ITER and in its predecessor JET) is made to happen with superconductive magnets and with floating plasma that is heated up high enough (for example with laser) to start the fusion process - there's no need for pressure or for high mass ;) As in real life, in this mod ITER gives access to Fusion Power Plants for all civs.

If I recall right, the cold fusion process has been proven to be fake - though it doesn't rule out that its possibility and there's probably scientists trying to figure out suitable materials for this kind of process but at the moment normal fusion power research is farther than cold fusion research. I could have left out Cold Fusion tech from this mod as I don't see it happen - it's more likely that we build fusion power plants based on research results from ITER and also we most likely harness the heat power from Earth's crust. There's enough heat power for 1000s' mankinds under Earth's surface, we just need some better drilling equipment and discover ways to convert that heat to electricity - this reminds me about SMAC's Thermal boreholes...

1. Must be small python "bug".. current python code for that score list is a combination from BUG 3.0 and Revolution mods - I'll have to check their forum section and see if there's similar bug reports...

I actually had the same bug, but after i installed the new 50 civs it just repaired itself, but for some reason when i start a new game all city names are random. Like Hamburg the capital of Germany or Naples the capital of ROME! For me its kind of annoying... Its probably some small thing i overlooked but since im terrified to go exploring alone before i at least finished one game, some small advice would be appreciated.

I posted this in the other bug thread but if this is the new one I will repost here. I don't mean to spam, I am very sorry if I'm being annoying.

On the first turn of 18 civ map for 2.3, I get the "you have been defeated" popup right after the game loads.

I am not extremely mod savvy but I have heard that it is a problem with the DLL that controls how many civs are supported. I just don't know which DLL it is nor would I know how to fix it if I knew.

I have reinstalled Civ and BtS fresh. I installed the 3.17 patch clean as well as a clean version of RoM2.3 Mod. At this point I don't know what to do next.

Thanks in advance for any help or direction.

I posted this on the bug reports, but noone checks it, so here it is again.

I just got a python exception, in the classical era no less. I was being attacked by a new startup civ (from the barbarian uprising part of the Revmod.) and one of my citys created a city resistance (because my defending units had been killed.) I held off the attack until the next turn, and then attacked with two reinforcements. I killed 2/3 of their army, then I attacked using the damaged city resistance free unit, (80% chance, I figured, "What could go wrong...") he died. But the city acted like it had been attacked and created a new city militia unit. Then it created a python exception report.

Also, when I start new games, or get in the lead, I often get this message up near the top (Where the news is.) "Domination Limit Exceeded 50 pop 48% of 48 pop, 46%." It never does anything, I don't win, the game goes on as if it never happened.... What is this?

Pyton Exception:

View attachment 191072

Afforess,

I'm sure it's been seen. Unfortuantely only a small percentage of RoM players have any Python skills. Some of the Add-on Mods introduced into RoM this version have *errors* and Zappara has stated that his Python skills are not great. Plus tracking down the problem can take some time.

As for the Domination Limit "warning" I get it too but ignore it as I'm going for either the Conquest or Space Race Victory condition. I think Domination was checked too but I didn't want the game to end in 1300AD. :p

The militia unit is also for a Mod add-on to RoM so that Mod may have a conflict with RoM's setup/python files. ( I've not had to use the city militia so far, so I havn't experienced that problem yet.)

JosEPh :)

Leave jungles as they are, what we need instead is a 3rd type of forest feature "bamboo forest" which is able to spawn in the tropical - subtropical zones. This will allows the opportunity for vast swathes of jungle to get broken up a bit. Also, the map script can be changed to alter the dreaded jungle starting positions by swapping out jungle features for bamboo forest features within X radius of a player's starting location.

I had few hours for modding yesterday so I could finally start making the small fix patch.

Spoiler :
Version 2.31
-----------

Python
------
- Changed: pickle optimization (should reduce wait time between turns)
- Updated: RevolutionDCM to v0.951
- Fixed: Fluyt was mispelled in CvRandomEventInterface

Promotions
----------
- Added: Spy promotion lines (Super Spy mod component)
- Fixed: Air refuel was 2 times defined, removed duplicate

Mod components
--------------
- Updated: Better BTS AI 0.36
- Updated: Dresdon's unofficial BTS Solver patch 0.19.1
- Added: Super Spies 1.23

Unit combat types
-----------------
- Added: Espionage unit group

Units
-----
- Fixed: Great General can no longer force build national wonders but it can still build the same wonders when requirements are met
- Changed: Caravel units no longer have RESERVE_SEA AI option, this should limit AI players from building too many of these units
- Fixed: Arabian War Elephant graphics switched back to Middle East War Elephant, unit buttons should work now normally
I'll try to finish it up later this week.

One thing I never liked about this mod was that gunpowder units (and by extension the Aggressive and Protective traits) go obsolete. I think Mech Infanry and Special Infantry should be classified as gunpowder so those traits are still useful in the future era.

I also think the sewr building is a bit weak. Maybe make it require an aqueduct and remove the espionage penalty?

Anyway, looking forward to the fix, zappara. :)

If I have understood it correctly, the patch wont fix the CDTs due to the Barbarian or REVMOD issue?

Perhaps u should seperate ROM from REVMOD, and make the merge optional so at least we can finish a game.

Thnx!

Top Bottom