Version 2.7 bug reports and feedback

First smelted metals were tin and lead, bronze forging came later. For this reason in RoM metal casting reveals metal resources - your people have the knowledge that some metals smelt in hot fires and thus they probably would have tried what other minerals they can smelt. Discovering bronze (combining copper + tin) is another step in metallurgy. Also the early forges weren't that massive, actually the first ones were simple camp fires where arrow heads were made with simple molds - the process is quite simple. Finding wood for campfires does not require chopping down the forest.

The tech tree in RoM is designed from scratch couple times now and the tactics used with BtS techs do not apply with RoM techs. It probably takes couple games before you're used to the new tech tree. For v2.7 it was remade to cover more medieval techs and to have longer future era. It's possible there's some small "issues" that I haven't noticed but those can be fixed in future patches. Note that RoM has also two mod components: Enhanced Tech Conquest and Tech Diffusion, which help to prevent civs falling too much behind in tech race.

I agree with the reworked tech tree. It makes skill much more of an issue because you can't rush yourself out of debt (cottages aren't an initial tech, which logically and historically makes sense) or rush out an army or super wonder (chopping out the oracle can win the game if done right). It makes the game much less flukey overall. Keep up the good work! Just fix all the bugs :crazyeye:.

Okay, the reworked tech-tree might stand to reason vis á vis Metal Casting coming before Bronze Working. I'm no historian, so I'm not into all the specifics about metals and sizes of early furnaces - even though it still seems to me that being able to chop down a tree is a more simple technology than building forges, no matter how small they were. But that's just my personal opinion. ;)

What's initially more troubling is, that I've already been able to found three religions (with a pretty certain feeling that I'll also get number four) - and this is playing as the Dutch (which have no starting techs in the religion line) and on Emperor-level (normally a fairly challenging difficulty).

Founding a religion is normally a pretty good step in the right direction. Founding 3+ (without even focusing hardcore on getting them) should be a guaranteed game-winner, unless I mess up completely (which I ofc easily can, believe me) - and I've only just entered the Classical Era!

So either I'm insanely good (which I'm not :(), or the AI is insanely stupid (which would mean the difficulties have taken a serious step down) - or maybe the tech tree opens up for a bit to easy way to get these religions?

I hope this doesn't come off as just a critical rant - because it's not. I'm really liking this mod so far and this is only meant as (hopefully) constructive feedback. ;)

Speaking about religions...

It's always annoyed me that the major religions - i.e. Islam, Christianity etc - comes so late in the game, that they are vastly outshined by other, 'smaller', more unknown religions - i.e. Zoroastrianism, Kemetism etc.

Maybe some sort of missionary-mechanic could be introduced? I.e. deny missionaries for some of the early religions; put a max-limit on others; while the later, more hard-to-get religions would benefit from unlimited missionaries - making them more desired to get, while at the same time allowing them a wider spread, reflecting their real-life counterparts...

Hey guys, I think i noticed another bug:

Well when comes to the time to upgrade my units, i hold down ALT key(which will upgrade all related units) and only 3 of my soldiers get upgraded. I have sufficient gold to upgrade but only a few of my units get upgraded.

BTW is it me or does the AI keep putting off Archery in this mod until the medieval era? I went to war Charlemange and when i surround his final city, he just started researching it.

Hey guys, I think i noticed another bug:

Well when comes to the time to upgrade my units, i hold down ALT key(which will upgrade all related units) and only 3 of my soldiers get upgraded. I have sufficient gold to upgrade but only a few of my units get upgraded.

That's a bug with the 3.19 patch. When the Unofficial Patch is done, it will be merged in and that will be fixed. Firaxis broke the upgrading....

I am getting consistant crashing when I try to start the turn. I have noticed more frequent crashes as time goes on. The event log says it is a direct x issue, but it might be the MAE (though I haven't seen that error message).

Running on Vista 64 bit here with 4 gbs of memory. GTX 275 card, so I know it isn't that.

If someone has posted this problem then my deepest regrets because I have not bothered to read all 12 pages of this thread. My capital city has 46 unhappy and 31 happy and I have built all possible happy buildings. When I move my cursor over the unhappy symbol 9 of the unhappy are from "All this treehugging is driving me crazy!" I havent seen this before the new ROM update and its causing my city to rebel against me. If you can fix this in the next update or if its not a bug could someone tell me what do to so I can lower the 9 unhappy to like 2 or something that would be very helpful.

If someone has posted this problem then my deepest regrets because I have not bothered to read all 12 pages of this thread. My capital city has 46 unhappy and 31 happy and I have built all possible happy buildings. When I move my cursor over the unhappy symbol 9 of the unhappy are from "All this treehugging is driving me crazy!" I havent seen this before the new ROM update and its causing my city to rebel against me. If you can fix this in the next update or if its not a bug could someone tell me what do to so I can lower the 9 unhappy to like 2 or something that would be very helpful.

I've never actually seen this particular source of unhappiness before. Mind sharing what civics you're using? It might be something to do with one of them.

I've never actually seen this particular source of unhappiness before. Mind sharing what civics you're using? It might be something to do with one of them.

Here are the Civics im using.
Government-Republic
Power-Senate
Society-Proletariat
Economy-Free Market
Religion-State Church
Welfare-Public Works
Future-None
Military-Vassalage
Ideology-Progressivism

Maybe it's an issue with the modules, or it might be from Progressivism, either way, I don't know

I noticed an odd thing about the ability of triremes and galleys to enter ocean tiles; when I played on a ROM Tectonic map, the ships would sink the very next turn after entering the ocean, but with a ROM Pangea map they never sink!

Maybe it's an issue with the modules, or it might be from Progressivism, either way, I don't know

Its not from Progressivism because i just recenty changed to that, and this problem started before I had that civic.

I cleared my cache and myGUI issue was fixed (so far). Hold down your shift key as the game loads and you will see "uncached" in the small text, and hopefully that will fix your problem.

Good luck.

Unfortunately that didn't help either. :cry:
Thanks for your assistance though.
Just wish I new of a way to help prevent this in the first place.

I'm getting totaly upset about having restart and load autosave games cause its crashing to desktop. I have put my logs on 2 various times and no one seems to know why its crashing. I have not edited anything but adding the mod. Is there something I need to edit or add? For some reason I don't have the extra civs avail. Or a windows setting? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.

2.8 ghz dual core
3.25 gb ram
windows xp
nvidia 9800 gtx

@wade69 - I took a quick look at your logs and they're not all there. Check you've followed the instructions in post #1 of this thread and re-post. In my experience the useful one is PythonDbg.log, which is missing from your zip.

That's a bug with the 3.19 patch. When the Unofficial Patch is done, it will be merged in and that will be fixed. Firaxis broke the upgrading....

Is 3.19 also the reason why I don't see any cyan border around my upgradeable units?

Is 3.19 also the reason why I don't see any cyan border around my upgradeable units?

Nope, you now need to switch it on in the BUG options menu, ctrl-shift and 'o' I think.... maybe its ctrl alt and 'o' ? One of those any way.

Firstly, I apologize if this problem has been posted before, or if it is "by design".
On ROM fantasy realm maps Pearl and Shrimp resources get generated not in water but no land, and are thus impossible to harvest. Certailny happens, if resources setting is "Irrational" or "Crazy", not sure about the third one. It has been so with Pearl resources for several ROM versions, and now is the same for Shrimp. I have ROM 2.71 and BTS 3.19 right now.

Hey

In the 2.70 thread I posted bugs on CtDs about the time of researching guilds. I got 2.71 and tried it, and got well past guilds. Quicker research this time makes me further back in time, year-wise, that is. Now, however, it comes again. I tried using different graphics options, but that didn't work.

What does work, however, is choosing a tech different from Rifling in the tech chose rigth after end of turn in the attached save file. Though choosing something else really isn't a solution. What i do is to press space twice to end the unit and the turn, then I wait for tech choice, choose Rifling and then it moves to Hamburg producing West Point. After choosing a customs house for Hamburg, it crashes.

I have experimented with different graphics settings, but regardless of what I choose, it crashes with rifling and not with, for instance thermodynamics. Does anyone have a clue to this one?

My system is a Znote laptop with 2.13 Ghz core2duo, 4 gb ram, windows 7, and a 8600M GT graphics card.

View attachment 2nd.CivBeyondSwordSave

I have considered returning to BtS or older RoM, but the new features are to good for this.

Oh by the way, not all xml properies are of vanilla RoM 2.71. Change number of wonders allowed, and a few things like that.

Zappara,

Just wanted to let you know that the game is going great (been playing for approx. 2 weeks now). Large Map, Barb. Civ, 15 Civs to start.

I found a pretty nasty bug:

Currently in the Industrial era, and as you know there are many buildings to choose from which is prob. why I didn't notice this bug at first.

Some of my largest cities (pop 25+) started to show a "Forge" in the build queue, which tipped me off. I thought at first that a rival had used spies to destroy the buildings but nothing showed in the log. A Forge is not bad because it only takes one turn, but then I noticed that some cities which I had built Steel Mills no longer had them, and they where showing as needed to be build. So either the builds are somehow getting lost or the log is not showing that spies are destroying them. My Civilization is on an island with only two other civs, one of which is a vassel of only one city and the other has only two cities so I don't think that one other civ would have the esp. to destroy several steel mills.

Could you investigate when you get a chance... maybe I'm just delussional from too many hours.

CivFanCCs

Top Bottom