• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Version 2.x bug reports

@ Zappara & Kalimakhus; Clean install of RoM2.0 w/ 2.11 and RevolutionDCM and no problem yet. However, when Extra Civ is installed, HUD disappears again. Tried three complete installs with a test game after each and HUD constntly goes away with Extra Civ mod, even with the patch. Also of note the earth map does not load. Tried the GameUtil fixes without effect to HUD.

@Kalimakhus:
The errors are CTDs and not MAFs.

They repeat every time I play the turn again, regardless if I am doing something different (moving a unit to a different tile or whatever).

@Boris Badinov

First of all, do you install the special patch for ExtraCiv pack that is included with RevDCM add-on?

I say that while the ExtraCiv pack shouldn't cause HUD absence. I actually suspect that you miss the step of removing the Python folder before installing RevDCM. Missed up Python folder will cause interface problems. The incompatibility of ExtraCiv pack will throw XML errors when you first load the mod and before you get to the main interface.

I'm also experiencing CTDs. This is the first time RoM has ever crashed...that is to say, I've never had problems with previous versions of RoM. In fact, I've only crashed once while playing Civ 4 (and that was about 3 years ago). I've tried loading the file 5 times or so, and the CTD happens every single time. Crash happens on the turn after 425 BC.

I'm currently playing 2.11 + Revolution & DCM add-on. Logs and the save file are attached.

As for game settings: Standard, Epic game speed, 7 civs at start, Rev & DCM activated, Battle Effects Off. I've always used these settings and haven't run into problems with previous RoM versions. I do use LandMasses Map Script, but not the newest one just released. Link for that is here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=213375

Laptop is 1.83 GHz Core Duo, 1 GB RAM, XP Pro SP2, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 (256 MB).

On the actual gameplay itself: I'm isolated on an island, just gradually expanding. No wars or anything.

Attachments

• Logs.7z
    77.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Ian BC-0425IsaCrashSoon.CivBeyondSwordSave
    168.2 KB · Views: 55
Hello again,

Recently reinstalled this mod with latest patches with both the Revolutions and Extra Civ add ons. The errors I'm finding are:

a) I'm having the UI problem, installing the patch for this didn't seem to work (log files attached). I'm running a Vista 32 bit operating system; games installed are vanilla Civ and BTS, both patched to the latest (no Warlords).

b) A weird problem that only happened once (again, in the log) which left a whole bunch of the key text files failing to load.

c) Canada doesn't show up on the list of nations on the custom game list. This was a problem I saw with the original Canada mod, but since it is for RoM, I'd suggest maybe patching it (and replacing those awesome voices from the original :lol:)

Thanks a bundle! :thanx:

Attachments

• logs.rar
    59.3 KB · Views: 55
@Boris Badinov

I actually suspect that you miss the step of removing the Python folder before installing RevDCM.

Ahhh... The old messed up Python Folder trick, gets me every time chief. I remember somewhere having to delete it, but I didn't yesturday. Re-installed with removing the Python folder then loded RevDCM & extra Civs and it worked. It's always the simple things that trip me up. Thanks for the patience and the great mods!

I love your mod, zappara, but it seems that I could not download it in filefront. It just refreshes itself. I know this is not the correct thread to post, but do you know what can I do to download it? Tnx

I love your mod, zappara, but it seems that I could not download it in filefront. It just refreshes itself. I know this is not the correct thread to post, but do you know what can I do to download it? Tnx

I hope there was a better advice, but all you can do is keep trying till it tells you that your download will be tried in ten seconds, then keep waiting for the download to start. It will start eventually.

@Zappara

If you have the time to do it I recommend that you upload the mod to the Atomic gamer site. It has a waiting time before a download starts but at least it is clear about that. File Front is ok but it is confusing as it tells you that there are errors or there is no servers available. Most people will just give up as they don't know the download will start anyway after sometime.

I hope there was a better advice, but all you can do is keep trying till it tells you that your download will be tried in ten seconds, then keep waiting for the download to start. It will start eventually.

@Zappara

If you have the time to do it I recommend that you upload the mod to the Atomic gamer site. It has a waiting time before a download starts but at least it is clear about that. File Front is ok but it is confusing as it tells you that there are errors or there is no servers available. Most people will just give up as they don't know the download will start anyway after sometime.

I instead got an error that states there was a problem. When I reached the download page it is simply bocked by my Popup blocker.

First off i wanna say great mod.I also wanna thank everyone that helps people like me with bugs (especially when its human error).I've been having problems with conquering cities.When i do so it freezes at the end of the turn. I was told to turn off Stack Attack (i'm using RevolutionDcm). I thought it was in the game options. But now i see its still enabled in the list of components. I was wondering how i can disable it.

Thanks for your time

Go to Rise of Mankind\assets\xml folder. Open the file named GlobalDefinesAlt.xml (in notepad). Scroll to the following lines:

Code:
<Define>
	<DefineName>DCM_STACK_ATTACK</DefineName>
	<iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

Change the 1 to 0. This disable Stack Attack. There are similar tags for other DCM components in case you like\need to disable them.

@shadydre:
By saying the game freezes, do you mean that it will completely stop to work or do you have at least the music still playing?

In case of the last, you may try the following as well (did always work for me so far):
After you have the feeling of frozen game due to stack attack, open the advisor screen (I am always using the F1 for it). To be completely on the safe side, try to select / deselect a field in the city, then leave city screen and advisor screen.

I cannot promise anything, but for me, after that, the game always came back and I was able to move on.

@Everyone

I think the extra Civ pack needs to be updated to RoM 2.12 settings. Some UUs/UBs need adjustments and there's couple bugs that have been mentioned earlier and I haven't had time to fix them yet. Also some extra civs UBs need to be added to python checks since they're part of building upgrade paths. For the moment I'd advice to play v2.12 without extra civ addon. I have no eta for extra civ addon patch - hopefully I get it done in June.

About download mirrors, I'm uploading full mod (v2.12) to couple mirror sites today - just takes couple hours with my net connection to upload it to one site. I'll update download links once I get the uploads completed (approx. 8-9hours to complete uploads :D).

@Kalimakhus

Dude your a godsend.Did as you said.Six hours and half a bag of oregano later i realized that it was working as it should.

Firaxis Games should take a serious look at all of your work this Mod is straight GOLD.

RoM 1 was great, wanna try RoM 2 but...

I didnt find this mentioned/solved in this forum yat, so:

when I install RoM 2.12, it lets me load the mod without any problems, but when I start a new game/custom game/scenario
there are no buttons/advisors/minimap...

it opens at least the standard menu on pressing Esc
I also noticed I cant enter options section in the main menu

I experienced all the samne troubles with previous versions, except for RoM 2 only, which worked fine (each of these patches/addons caused the same problem)

I have windows XP prof. czech SP; BTS 3.13; intel T2400 1.83GHz, 1GB RAM

If anyone has an idea what to do in my case, what am I doing bad,
please help

@MMMI

In the folder 'Rise of Mankind' there's file named 'RoM 2.0 CvPath.zip'. Unzip that file to folder 'Rise of Mankind\Assets\Python\INIParser' and overwrite the CvPath.py file if it asks it. Replacing that file with older one (from v2.0) solves the missing UI problem for some people, hopefully for you too. Let me know if this helped.

Just a short "happy end" repport. :)

I was stuck by a missing interface bug, replaced the Cvpath.py without any change. Then i found this thread, and actually saw the solution.
Everything was caused by not deleting the Python folder before instaling Kalimakhus' add-on.

I think you should include that trick in the readme file, that would make the "bug" easier to deal with for people using the mod ;)

@MMMI

In the folder 'Rise of Mankind' there's file named 'RoM 2.0 CvPath.zip'. Unzip that file to folder 'Rise of Mankind\Assets\Python\INIParser' and overwrite the CvPath.py file if it asks it. Replacing that file with older one (from v2.0) solves the missing UI problem for some people, hopefully for you too. Let me know if this helped.

Works !
Thanks zappara.

So far I have tried to install some 4 or 5 earth-based mods, none have worked. They all seem to crash after the loading screen stays on for about a minute. I have downloaded all the updates, except for addons, and I am a BtS 3.13 user. I play in a windowed screen and at medium quality as requested. I definitely have more than enough memory. Could you please help, here are my logs.

Thanks

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    8.5 KB · Views: 67
@Lidrev

Do you mean pre-made Earth maps? Those that I've converted to RoM or some other maps made for BtS? I've noticed that pretty much all maps made for BtS/Warlords/Civ4 crash the game when try to load those maps with Rise of Mankind 2 which is why I've started converting some of them.

Edit:
From your logs: [2480.540] VERSION: Mod Loaded: none

Do you mean that it crashes when you choose 'load a mod' and then pick 'Rise of Mankind'? All those log files seemed to be from normal BtS game...

Top Bottom