Version 2.x bug reports

I don't know why but i can't sell my technology for AI money, while AI can.
Thanks and goodbye

if you look at the picture close enough, he has Matchlock, which means he most likely has currency tech, so it most likely has to do with the state of diplomatic friendlyness or if you just came from war with that country... theres many reasons why.

I have this problem with all civs, friendly and not.
Before patch 2.01 all ok.
Do you have the same kind of problem?

sorry, don't know, i've been too busy making the addon so i have no idea about the bugs for 2.01

Windows Vista 32bit
Athlon64x2 4800+
2Gb RAM
2x nvidia 7950s

BTS 3.13
RoM 2.01

Logfiles attached. Likely just something specific to the point in the game, but annoying..

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    263.7 KB · Views: 75
@Zappara

I got a Python exception that is caused by Inquisition mod code. I suspect that this exception should actually make the AI unable to train inquisitors. I modified the CvGameUtils.py file and got rid of the exception. You may like to have a look at it.

The change I made is in AI_chooseProduction function. The exception was because in line 384 (my version) pPlayer is not defined. I added local variable pPlayer to references the city owner (line# 364). I should say that the code in line 384 seems redundant:

Code:
lUnits = PyPlayer( pPlayer.getID( ) ).getUnitList( )

I think pPlayer.getUnitList() should work. I didn't change this however because I can't know why the author used it. He may had his reasons.

I'm looking forward to trying this mod out, especially with the RevolutionDCM add-on. Unfortunately, installing the 2.01 patch causes the No UI problem. Without the patch the mod appears to be fine. Log files attached. It looks like a 'path' problem as the CvEventIterface module isn't being found. I have tried the alternate CvPath.py and it made no difference. I do not have Warlords and the OS is Win 2000. The lack of Warlords may be significant looking at what's in logs/ python.dbg. I hope this helps with fixing this problem.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    48.8 KB · Views: 84
I'm having the No UI problem as well. I'm running BTS 3.13 (w/Warlords etc) with all files patched, Kal and Civs addons. I put the cvpath file in both the default location and the location designated for those using the Kal patch.
Neither had any effect whatsoever.

Hello Guys,

I was having an awesome game with the Phoenician until 1800's. Now I have a CTD (apparently not MAF) in the same turn ending. Until now i had 2 MAFs, but reloading the savefile were enough. The RoM version is 2.01 with the RevDCM / IDW Kalimharkus' and the extracivs addon. My notebook is a Coreduo 1.50 Ghz with 2550 MB RAM. I was playing at Large map and epic speed, since giant and gigantic maps seemed too much for my machine in previous savegames. I've already tried the above mentioned trick for Vista. I'll bring the logs soon.
Hugs,

Konrad

Alright, works after 3.13 patch, same as Mr. Johnny.

My error, I confused the unofficial 3.1.3 patch found here with the proper one.

Sorry I took so long to get back, I've been busy.

I keep getting stuck right after i conquer an enemy city. It freezes and i cant end the turn or do anything else for that matter. I have to save game then load and its ok again. I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Running

Vista 64
Dual Core 2 2.4
2 gigs ram
BTS 3.13
ROM 2.1

Hello Guys,

I was having an awesome game with the Phoenician until 1800's. Now I have a CTD (apparently not MAF) in the same turn ending. Until now i had 2 MAFs, but reloading the savefile were enough. The RoM version is 2.01 with the RevDCM / IDW Kalimharkus' and the extracivs addon. My notebook is a Coreduo 1.50 Ghz with 2550 MB RAM. I was playing at Large map and epic speed, since giant and gigantic maps seemed too much for my machine in previous savegames. I've already tried the above mentioned trick for Vista. I'll bring the logs soon.
Hugs,

Konrad

I cannot upload the logs for some reason...
:(
I want to finish my game...

I keep getting stuck right after i conquer an enemy city. It freezes and i cant end the turn or do anything else for that matter. I have to save game then load and its ok again. I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Running

Vista 64
Dual Core 2 2.4
2 gigs ram
BTS 3.13
ROM 2.1

whats your processor and video card speeds?
i run Vista, and after i conquer a city, it lags about 5 secs then gets back to the game...

@ Kalimakhus

I have both Auto Stack and Auto Promote Off yet problem still remains

@ Civ Fuehrer

I have 2.4 Dual Core 2 Processor
and i have 2 x 256 mb Nvidia 8500 SLI

I wanted to thank you both for your time and effort. lol but i need more of both :lol: This Mod is badass but this tends to be annoying in the later stages of the game

I have 2.4 Dual Core 2 Processor
and i have 2 x 256 mb Nvidia 8500 SLI

i meant GHz, i.e. My processor has 3.47 GHz
Dual Core or not, it doesnt matter, all that means is that it can multitask but it still runs as fast as the GHz it has

@Zappara

I got a Python exception that is caused by Inquisition mod code. I suspect that this exception should actually make the AI unable to train inquisitors. I modified the CvGameUtils.py file and got rid of the exception. You may like to have a look at it.

The change I made is in AI_chooseProduction function. The exception was because in line 384 (my version) pPlayer is not defined. I added local variable pPlayer to references the city owner (line# 364). I should say that the code in line 384 seems redundant:

Code:
lUnits = PyPlayer( pPlayer.getID( ) ).getUnitList( )

I think pPlayer.getUnitList() should work. I didn't change this however because I can't know why the author used it. He may had his reasons.
Yeah, there was something wrong with the Inquisitor mod coding. I made few adjustments to that code block now when I was fixing it - added check that AI doesn't build Inquisitors in too small cities (cripples less AI) and that it doesn't build too many of them and chance for them to build them is bit less than before (think it was 33% in every city). I'm beginning to understand the basics of Civ python coding while fixing these bugs... :)

np, but Vista-64 bit drags your 2.4GHz processor down to about 1.4GHz that isnt being used for the OS alone. (thats y i hate Vista) so when you conquer a city, that makes your processor get used up by a lot, so if you have just about any type of computer except Hewlett Packard or Compaq, you could clock the processor speed from the opening menu to make it run faster (unless you have one fan, then its not advised since it'll over heat)

Top Bottom