Version 2.x bug reports

Its not really a bug, but I would like to propose to put 2.7test1(dead link from here) back on filefront, its not available anymore there. I don't play 2.7test2 because it has no events... which sounds very boring to me...

Ah and another thing... I have a minor bug (see screenie), and although I know it has already been adressed in the past, I can't find it anymore.... Some tiles still are blocked although no ship is there anymore... How to solve this? Reload doesn't help...
This is bug which have been tracked down recently and it was caused by Unofficial patch 0.21. Better BtS AI 0.76 has this problem fixed. The RoM version I got now on my own computer has Better BtS AI 0.75f but because every mod has to be updated now to new BtS 3.19 version RoM will get newer Better BtS AI included once I get the chance to merge new RevDCM version. So it's more than likely that RoM v2.7 will this bug fixed.

This bug has been reported and is on my bug fix list for v2.7. It happens when AI is deciding if it should build Inquisitors or not. You might be able to avoid this bug by turning off Inquisitions from BUG mod options (ctrl+alt+o) in RevDCM page.

Hi,

in my last post I said that this fixed the prob - it didn't.
Still got the messages even if the inquisition is turned off ??? :confused:

And new failure: Bad Memory allocation for Graphic - I have 4 GB RAM and a GForce GTX 260, think that should be enough for CIV, isn't it? :confused:

regards
Gwydion

Yes, it should, Gwydion, but these huge mods really strain computer resources. Try playing on a map one size smaller and one time-scale quicker instead.

Hi,

in my last post I said that this fixed the prob - it didn't.
Still got the messages even if the inquisition is turned off ??? :confused:

And new failure: Bad Memory allocation for Graphic - I have 4 GB RAM and a GForce GTX 260, think that should be enough for CIV, isn't it? :confused:

regards
Gwydion

Kind of OS and Type of OS matter too.

Are you using Vista or Win XP? Is the OS you are using 32bit or 64 bit?

A bad memory allocation for graphic could also mean that you need to re-install the DirectX version that came with BtS. It's slightly different than stock Win DX version 9.0x.

Some things to consider for more feedback.

JosEPh :)

This is just a minor bug/glitch, but if you send a trade caravan to an enemy city, the "hurry building" option still is enabled, so if you hover your mouse over it, you can see what the AI is building. You can see better with this picture.

These seem to happen whilst looking around the map as much as at the end of turn.

Win xp ROM 2.62, patch 2.63. 3GB ram.

Played games on gigantic maps (2nd largest) with several options and had no problems. But on huge there are frequent crashes.

[/ATTACH]

BTW What is WoC lite mean?

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    29.2 KB · Views: 110
  • AutoSave_BC-0140.CivBeyondSwordSave
    311.4 KB · Views: 18
BTW What is WoC lite mean?

WoC = World of Civilization mod - modular XML loading and screens and stuff. Makes life easier for modders and players but not mod-modders like me :). The idea is to give the player the ability to add an remove what ever features they like. See their forum Civ4 - World of Civilization for more details.

Hey there!

First of all (since this is my first post :)): I really love your mod! It adds soooo much stuff but still plays like civ, if you know what I mean.
Currently I'm playing 2.7test2 Version. I attached 2 save games (and logs) each game crashes to desktop after the AIs have finished their turns. I tried several things (change graphics, clock graphic cards & cpu back to normal, windowed mode etc. etc.) but unfortunately nothing worked.

Maybe the CTD is due to the game setting: Huge Map, Rev & BarbCiv activated, Epic(save1) and Marathon (save4) speed (so there are a lot of civs, a lot of space and a lot of time available) ...
But somehow I don't think this is the reason (one savegame is ~400kB bigger than the other for example, both CTDs occur at a similar tech progress).

My Specs are:
Vista Home Premium 64 SP1
Core 2 Duo 2.66 (@ 3.4 usually)
Geforce 8800 gts (640mb)
4GB 667 Ram
Creative xfi gamer
Drivers up to date

Maybe I'll start another game on a smaller map later and check if there still will be a CTD during Medieval age. If you need further infos just send a pm or post it, I'll try to give you what you need :)

/edit playing on perfectworld2 maps!
/edit2 ctrl+shift+m (AI taking your turn) works ... but couldn't play many turns till next ctd (without ctrl+shift+m) :(
/edit 3 It might be also helpful ,when other players (playing 2.7test2) would dl the savegame and try if they get a CTD as well
what does "14:23:31 DEBUG: BugInit - global context not ready" (in python err2 file) mean? saw this in another post of a user who was also struggling with constant CTDs

Attachments

• save1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 101
  • save4.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 85
  • Logs-save1.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
  • Logs-save4.zip
    871.3 KB · Views: 84
Not sure if this was ment this way, but I can't build any glasswares - still :)

Reason: in prior games my maps had a lack of salt: there was none. Zap increased the salt chance and added stone as second possibilit for glass - at least I understood that this was ment to be either of both is needed for glass.

Now (2.63) I am sitting on a large world map, having everything discovered, seeing 7 salt spots on the earth but non stone - with the effect that I still can't build any glasswares since you need salt and stone.

Do you know if this was intended?

/edit2 ctrl+shift+m (AI taking your turn) works ... but couldn't play many turns till next ctd (without ctrl+shift+m) :(

I haven't tried your games as my computer would surly get crazy with the map size/civs - but I have the same issue in all my games. For me it worked out to start the custom game with "New random seed at load". There are phases in the game where I get a CTD every second turn when AI is making their move (with most settings like yours - just not the map size).

I do a Shift-F5 for quick save every time I end a turn and if it crashes I just reload there and try again. Mostly some random descisions from the AI is causing the CTD and due to the new seed the descision is different the next time and I can go on 1-2 turns, then a new CTD, but I don't loose any turns due to the Shift-F5. After several dozend of turns the CTD behavior mostly is gone and I can play without any problems. Maybe this could help, but that's just a guess :(

Hello!

After I click "End Turn" on this game, it goes away to wait for other civilisations, and well... never comes back. A turn normally takes 30-45 seconds, this one has been left for 30 minutes + and never come back :/

Is there anyone who can shed any light on this? I've spent most of a free Saturday (the rarest commodity of all, in my experience) on getting this game to this point, and I'd be absolutely gutted to have to start again....

It's a civ bts 3.17, rom 2.63 game.
It's 1850

BarbCiv is turned on
RevDCM is turned on
TechDiffusion is turned on

If this is in any way recoverable, I'd be so incredibly appreciative...

Edit - Reading the posts above, I think I should mention there is the following in the Python Error thing:

"DEBUG: BugInit - global context not ready" (in python err2 file) ?

Attachments

• Cayal AD-1580 Pre-Crash.CivBeyondSwordSave
    565.5 KB · Views: 94
Not sure if this was ment this way, but I can't build any glasswares - still :)

Reason: in prior games my maps had a lack of salt: there was none. Zap increased the salt chance and added stone as second possibilit for glass - at least I understood that this was ment to be either of both is needed for glass.

Now (2.63) I am sitting on a large world map, having everything discovered, seeing 7 salt spots on the earth but non stone - with the effect that I still can't build any glasswares since you need salt and stone.

Do you know if this was intended?

To the best of my understanding, you've always needed both sand and stone and its uncommon to be able to build glassware. I've been able to in about 1 in 10 games. I'm playing 2.53 still, since the 2.6 series hasn't had any reports of being very stable in multiplayer. I'm looking forward to a stable 2.7, though I guess that will wait until the new patch for BTS is implemented in the mod. Not looking forward to all the patching - I just want stuff to work! :crazyeye:

Aequitas85,

Do you have User Account Control turned on? I did on my Windows 7 boot and it turned out to be the source of the problem. Might do the same thing in Vista.

Sarkyn,

Enter world builder and delete all the barbarian cities. Sometimes its a city trying to go to minor status and failing. If that does not work you can try deleting some of the emerged civs. Every now and then one arises that fails at taking its turn.

Hello!

After I click "End Turn" on this game, it goes away to wait for other civilisations, and well... never comes back. A turn normally takes 30-45 seconds, this one has been left for 30 minutes + and never come back :/

Is there anyone who can shed any light on this? I've spent most of a free Saturday (the rarest commodity of all, in my experience) on getting this game to this point, and I'd be absolutely gutted to have to start again....

It's a civ bts 3.17, rom 2.63 game.
It's 1850

BarbCiv is turned on
RevDCM is turned on
TechDiffusion is turned on

If this is in any way recoverable, I'd be so incredibly appreciative...

Edit - Reading the posts above, I think I should mention there is the following in the Python Error thing:

"DEBUG: BugInit - global context not ready" (in python err2 file) ?
This bug has been fixed for v2.7. Apparently the bug was in Better BtS AI and required some fixes to the dll.

About the saves, I've patched my BtS to v3.19 and I can't no longer test any saved games from v2.63 or earlier.

I got that bug in 2.72 today. I guess it's not entirely fixed. :( I was playing with revolutions and barb civs on.

Ok, I thought the bug was supposed to be fixed in the beta version, so I wanted him to know it's still there. :)

Kind of OS and Type of OS matter too.

Are you using Vista or Win XP? Is the OS you are using 32bit or 64 bit?

A bad memory allocation for graphic could also mean that you need to re-install the DirectX version that came with BtS. It's slightly different than stock Win DX version 9.0x.

Some things to consider for more feedback.

JosEPh :)

I have Vista with 32 bit and a DX 10...

regards
Gwydion

Important note for 2.7 beta, which is easily overlooked (As it is a VERY late-game bug)

The units Fusion Battleship, Hi-tech Robot, and Sentinal all require the Cold Fusion Tech. However, this tech is NOT available any more!! The prerequisite should be removed...

(In my upcoming suggestions for transhuman tech thread, I suggest using the new Methane Ice as a powerful source of compressed power, and thus many late game units (including these three) would require this as a resource (Instead of Oil Products)

Also, a small oversight: Dreadnought Armor SOMEHOW runs on the combustion engine :crazyeye: A feat of engineering, sure, as Dreadnoughts are the size of SKYSCRAPERS (if they were lying down :p)

Finally, There are two Steles, the Abynissian Stele, and the Ethiopian Stele. To add to the confusion, they both do DIFFERENT THINGS (The Abynissian one gives additional happyness, where the Ethiopian one massively increases culture)

Ok, I think I have figured out what causes my CTDs ... it's "Guilds" (the Tech ;)). In 2 out of 3 Games which directly crash after the AI ends the turn I finish researching Guilds. In the third game I already researched it (probably just a delayed CTD ^^).
The strange thing is, that sometimes I crash right after the Guilds Tech Popup and another time I'm able to start building stuff in Cities (then it usually crashes after I've started to build the "Guilds Hall").

Dunno why this seems to happen only in my games :( I DLed 2.7test2 and before I extracted it into my /mods directory I erased the prior RoM ... well gotta test if this will also happen with the next version (hopefully not :D)

/edit when I stop researching Guilds and research something else instead the game runs perfectly ... so it has to have sth to do with the guilds tech!
/edit 2: maybe the CTDs happen due to a certain combination - I usually play with Bismarck (Germany), Christianity as state religion, already built Apostolic Palace & King Richards Crusade (and many more wonders, but I think those two could be involved as well, don't ask me why, I'm tired right now ;))
Another Civ already has researched guilds, so me being the first to discover it can't be the reason ...
/edit 3: also crashes when I build other buildings than guild halls ...

Top Bottom