Version 2.x bug reports

I attached the log files and i can send a dump file too.
Didn't see anything wrong in the log files. One thing that crossed my mind when I was thinking why people are having crashes is that have you updated your BtS to version 3.13? The game's automatic update won't work for this patch and you'll have to download that patch manually from Firaxis website and then install it. Download it from here.

and like i said in a earlier post, i don't know much about modding so i don't know what kind of infos could be useful to you. if it was a crash that happened every time, i could post a savegame but with a random crash it doesn't help. if i notice something that i think could be useful, i'll let you know
Save game might help in some cases, log files can also give me hints where the problem might be if there's crash issue. Usually it's enough just to describe what you were doing at the time when you discovered the bug.

Yeah, the in-game interface has failed to appear for me, as well. This only started happening when I installed the addon civ pack/revolutionDCM addons and the compatibility patch for them. Before that, it was working fine. I'm not using CIV complete edition, and I'm using vista. I've attached log files.

I have no interface. Why.

Windows XP. Just so you know.
There's few possible reasons (as explained before):
1. BtS is not patched to version 3.13
2. BtS is not set to English language, this mod works only in English setting
3. Player has non-english Windows installed and this "confuses" mod's config finder as it can't locate the ini file for some unknown reason
4. Due to some reason on Vista can't locate mod's ini file, possibly due to different path settings...

In your case it's point 1, 2 or 3 that is causing the problem. If you have patched your game to 3.13 and you indeed are using it on English setting, then see this post in Rise of Mankind 1.0 thread, download CvPath.py from that post and follow the instructions where to unzip it. Let me know if this solved your problem.

Yeah, the in-game interface has failed to appear for me, as well. This only started happening when I installed the addon civ pack/revolutionDCM addons and the compatibility patch for them. Before that, it was working fine. I'm not using CIV complete edition, and I'm using vista. I've attached log files.
Looked those log files and seems there's errors when mod tries to load python files. I suspect that the cause of it is in the addon files since the mod was working fine before. I'll have to do some test runs to see if there's some conflicts.. though Kalimakhus will probably know better since he has made the addon.

Edit: Did you follow Kalimakhus' addon install instructions? There's one thing you must do before you add the addon to RoM: You have to delete 'Python' -folder from '..\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\' -folder.

I just spent most of this night trying to redo CvPath file into such format that it would work on all computer configurations so that there won't be missing UI problem anymore but didn't get it to work at all yet.. got to get some sleep now and try again tomorrow. :sleep:

Edit: Did you follow Kalimakhus' addon install instructions? There's one thing you must do before you add the addon to RoM: You have to delete 'Python' -folder from '..\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\' -folder.

...I think I can safely say I did not read that particular instruction. I'll try deleting the Python folder and reinstalling the addon now.

Edit: I tried it, but still no luck. I did notice that the error log files are slightly shorter now, however.

Let's see, went for a gigantic terra map and I got one with absolutely no water, just land. Is this just me?

Hey, right off the top, GREAT MOD! ROM v1 was the only CIV I played for months until your new version. I can't tell you how much I love that you added so much future tech, it reminds me of the late game way back on Civ 2 test of time, truly outstanding.
Only problem seems to be that often when I or an AI Civ found Amun-Ra or Nagualism I get CTD. If I set for choose religions and pick either religion myself very early on it does not crash but after a hundred turns or so, the bug is in full effect.
I have been reading up on the bug-fix suggestions posted here, and have defragged my hard drive and dropped all the graphics to their lowest settings but to no avail. I have activated the logging as per your instructions and the crash log looks like this:

[122997.734] ERR: InitWinApp() failed, exiting
[122997.734] ERR: CIV Init FAILED, exiting

I am technologically ignorant so I do not know if that helps.
Also, I have attempted to upload a save game in which one of the AI civs is about to invent Philosophy and choose one of the religions that causes that crash. Never tried it before, don't know if it will work. If there is anything anyone can suggest, I'd really appreciate it.
Once again, outstanding work on this mod, I just hope I can get past this bug and play in the late game.

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    511.5 KB · Views: 151
@gravitynada

Just tested your save and it does crash. Not sure yet what is the cause for it, it might be AI finding that new religion and then again it might not. Log files didn't give me any clues so I have to look around in the Worldbuilder mode to see what AI's are doing.

@niftymbm

Some map scripts from default Civ 4 won't work on Rise of Mankind's new map sizes. Those map script python files need to be modified. Just testing if I got Terra mod work on Gigantic map size.

I really enjoyed the previous version of this mod, and just downloaded v. 2.0, but have been unable to load the world map that came with it. At first it didn't show up after loading the mod and trying to load it as a scenario, I then transfered it to the normal bts pub maps folder - it would then show up but not load. I kept being to it was not able to read the file. Did something go wrong with my download and corrupt the file or is anyone else having this problem. The file I've been trying to use is 762 KB (if that's of any help). - Thanks, V. (oh, and if anyone has just a worldmap file that works and could post that so I don't have to download the whole mod again, that would be great)

Wow, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I can replicate the bug every time with that save game file by using world builder to spawn a great philo or scientist to fast track a theology or philosophy then starting one of the new religions myself. If that doesn't happen to you when you try it, then it must be my PC I suppose. Do you think I should try a complete re-install of CIV 4 and BTS?

Thanks again

First off i wanna say a quick hello to all you civ headz.I've just installed ROM 2.0 and i've been crashing at random points in the game. No specific event is triggering it. I have all Civ 4 Exp (Warlords,BTS) all of them patched to latest release. When the game crashes i get this in my error report.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 562b029a
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 48239cb2
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00112ef0
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: cb74
Additional Information 2: 2acd1d5918dd0f8903d8dec2dc50eafe
Additional Information 3: 45bd
Additional Information 4: 2d5d85679c987dbfec0a23dd7666b511

Could anyone help or steer me in the right direction.

OK, so I figured I'd try removing all of my civ 4 software and re-installing to see if that would address the new religions causing CTD, and now I get CTD whenever I hit "start game" no matter whether I try custom game, scenario or quick start. If I understood d-beauch correctly, this is the same thing that happened to him, so D, if you are out there, did you find a solution to your problem yet?

Thanks

Seeing as I have been able to get ROM v2 to work, I decided to go back to playing v1 until a solution presents itself, but when I start a game in ROM v1 now, all the buttons in my unit interface are missing. ROM v1 always worked great for me in the past, never had a bug at all. I was even able to tool around with some of the unit graphics without any trouble. After removing and reinstalling all my Civ 4 software,
I am now unable to play any version of rise of mankind. Can anyone think of any reason that both versions of ROM would be damaged by reinstalling Civ (besides the obvious "your computer both sucks and blows")
I am desolate, and considering taking my PC into the bathtub with me and powering it up.

Hello!

I need some help, please. I have this missing UI problem, and I can't solve it!
I think i followed all installation-advises: I am running BtS 3.13, english language version, no blue marble or other mods running with rom. I installed rom2.0, deletet python folder before I copied the revolutionsdcm addon. I tried out several cvpath.py versions, downloaded here. Nothing works. When I start a map I have no UI, no city screens and no game-options to open.

I used your cvpathtest, to create this logfiles and hope, you can solve this problem!?

I am using Windows XP SP2, german language version wich is sad to cause trouble. But I can't change that without a totally new windows installation, can I?

Thank you for your help!!

EDIT: I tried to run RoM2.0 without revolutionsdcm and it works. Should I better post this question at the addon-thread?

2.0 is great but I can't get very far at all now before ceasless memory allocation failures. Previously I wouldn't get them in game until late industrial era, now only 1200ad.

I'd also like to mention that when I load RoM, I can start one new game or load one new game and thats it. If I exit and try to generate another map, or load a save in game I get a memory allocation failure and have to reload everything all over again. This isn't just in 2.0 though, it happened in 1.0 as well.

Seeing as I have been able to get ROM v2 to work, I decided to go back to playing v1 until a solution presents itself, but when I start a game in ROM v1 now, all the buttons in my unit interface are missing. ROM v1 always worked great for me in the past, never had a bug at all. I was even able to tool around with some of the unit graphics without any trouble. After removing and reinstalling all my Civ 4 software,
I am now unable to play any version of rise of mankind. Can anyone think of any reason that both versions of ROM would be damaged by reinstalling Civ (besides the obvious "your computer both sucks and blows")
I am desolate, and considering taking my PC into the bathtub with me and powering it up.
Did you remember to download BtS 3.13 update from Firaxis pages and update your BtS to that version after you reinstalled whole game?

Hello!

I need some help, please. I have this missing UI problem, and I can't solve it!
I think i followed all installation-advises: I am running BtS 3.13, english language version, no blue marble or other mods running with rom. I installed rom2.0, deletet python folder before I copied the revolutionsdcm addon. I tried out several cvpath.py versions, downloaded here. Nothing works. When I start a map I have no UI, no city screens and no game-options to open.

I used your cvpathtest, to create this logfiles and hope, you can solve this problem!?

I am using Windows XP SP2, german language version wich is sad to cause trouble. But I can't change that without a totally new windows installation, can I?

Thank you for your help!!

EDIT: I tried to run RoM2.0 without revolutionsdcm and it works. Should I better post this question at the addon-thread?
Looked through log files for hints for that crash. All paths seem to be correct so at least those aren't causing missing UI problem but I did notice couple errors from logs:

load_module CvPediaTech

CvPediaTech

import failed

and

AddPlayer Execution failed!

Seems mod can't find CvPediaTech.py file at all and this is causing the problem. This file is part of Sevopedia component and since revolutionsdcm addon doesn't seem to have sevopedia at the moment, it's likely that some reference to it has been left for it. Odd thing is that I didn't notice any problems with the addon - though I did notice that sevopedia wasn't there. Kalimakhus might know more about this, I haven't really gone through yet his addon's python files.

@NoManners

These errors shouldn't be there if the Python folder was removed before installing the Add-On. Please make sure that the folders under your Rise of Mankind are arranged in the proper order. i.e. there is no extra Rise of Mankind folder under the original one.

If you have time try installing the mod once again and carefully follow instructions.

Top Bottom