Version 2.x bug reports

Thank you for yor fast replies!

Okay, I tried it again. And now, it works! Funny enough: I did all this yesterday in the same way, only using the extract-assistent (right mouse "extract to") instead of "drag and drop" like today. So I tried the first way again, hoping to reproduce any kind of error. But, again, it works (of couse). I feel like some kind of Idiot right now. But it works, that's enough :)

Just one more: the popup next to the Dawn of Man-Screen tells me now, that BarbCivs, Revolution, TechDiffusion, DynamicCivNames are turned off, aswell as CivCustomizer an CivChanger. Is this the way it should be? I searched through the revolution.ini but did't find anything about on/off, only to adjust settings. Where can I turn them on?

Both CivCustomizer and CivChanger are turned off by default and shouldn't be turned on as they conflict with Revolution. Actually some of their code is disabled by Glider in the SDK files so turning them on might cause unpredictable issues. The other components are supposed to be enabled by default. To turn them on start your game from the custom game page you will find them as options just like Raging Barbs and Aggressive AI etc.

OK, so I figured I'd try removing all of my civ 4 software and re-installing to see if that would address the new religions causing CTD, and now I get CTD whenever I hit "start game" no matter whether I try custom game, scenario or quick start. If I understood d-beauch correctly, this is the same thing that happened to him, so D, if you are out there, did you find a solution to your problem yet?

Thanks

no i haven't found the solution. been very busy this week. didn't have time to play CIV at all :(

your problem seems even worse than mine. i can start a game and play several turns before it crash but you say that your game crash when you hit "start game"??

and gravitynada, if you read this, post something just to reassure us that you didn't power up your PC in your bathtub;)

Good day Gentlemen.

I must say I am a huuuuge fan of RoM, particularly this version. I've never quite gotten the hang of modding, and the addition of Hellenism is a big selling point for me (I almost always end up playing Rome).

At any rate, I'm having an issue with the Idolatry Civic, or maybe the technology Sculpture (which researches it). All I know is that once I am asked to change civics on the main interface screen, the game crashes and I get an error message from windows saying Civ 4 has stopped working.

For further information, I'm running a Vista computer, but I have replaced the CvPath.py file as per the instructions to fix the interface. I'm not currently running either of the add-ons for RoM 2.0.

Many thanks! Keep up the great work! :goodjob:

Hey Zappara, good call on the 3.13 patch. When I un-installed, I selected the option to keep my downloaded patches and when I re-installed, the process allowed me to patch from these files as I installed, but I guess for some reason the BtS patch didn't take. I even checked the build and it said 3.13, nevertheless when I tried to check for updates, sure enough, it downloaded 3.13 (again) and now ROM 2 starts up fine. I am just starting out a new civ as I type this and I love to play on snail so it might be a little bit before I know if the religion problem still happens. fingers crossed. Oh, and I don't want to take up too much space on this thread but if you ever want a detailed 2-page e-mail on the countless reasons I loved v.1, let me know.

Oh, and D_beauch, I tried, but the damn cord wasn't long enough. I guess I'm safe until Civ 5 comes out and my PC is no longer powerful enough to run it. I can't afford a new one but I can afford an extension cord

Both CivCustomizer and CivChanger are turned off by default and shouldn't be turned on as they conflict with Revolution. Actually some of their code is disabled by Glider in the SDK files so turning them on might cause unpredictable issues. The other components are supposed to be enabled by default. To turn them on start your game from the custom game page you will find them as options just like Raging Barbs and Aggressive AI etc.

Yeah, these options are available (and highlighted by standart) if I start a custom game. But I found no way to play the Earth map, you deliver with your mod, with these options "on"!!??

I have the UI problem. I run under XP Pro sp2 and use the extention BtS version 313.

Yeah, these options are available (and highlighted by standart) if I start a custom game. But I found no way to play the Earth map, you deliver with your mod, with these options "on"!!??

I haven't looked into the map for sometime now. It seems that updating to Revolution 1.42 can cause the issue you are talking about. Can you please try to use Custom Scenario, load the map and see if the options will become available then?

Hey again.

It actually seems to be a problem when getting to implement certain civics, because the same bug is occurring with Caste System as well. Any ideas?

@gravitynada

Good that you got it working. If you want to send some private feedback, just send it in PM here on forums. :)

@HannibalBarka

According to your log files, there's some failure when the game tries to load mod's civilopedia python files. Just a guess but did you install RevolutionDCM addon to RoM 2? NoManners' had similar problem just few posts earlier.. double check the installation instructions to see if you have skipped some part of them - main mod and addons have different instructions.

@MrCrawford

Could you post the log files too - might help me find the problem faster. :)

Good mornig at all, i'm very pleased to play this great mod but sometimes i have a crash of my pc. It's appened when the game end to load all your parts (xml,python ecc.). I must only restart my pc by button :(

Has it happened to someone?

I use win xp +SP3 , core2 E6600 + 2GB ram + GeForce 7900GT

In attachement you find the last log. The last block is verified while i was starting a new game "RiseOfMankind28CivEarth" with Roman.

Bye and thanks at all for your work :)

Hi Zappara,
I'm still having difficulties with the new religions causing crashes if the AI civs develop them or if they occur after the first 400 turns or so. I added some great people using debug tools and founded Amun-Ra and Nagaulaism myself and was able to continue playing.
some minor stuff that has come up so far; no icons in "choose technology to research" screen for masonry or calander. After building pont du guard, cities still able to build aquaducts.
more troubling is a python exception that does not crash the game but pops up one or more message windows at the beginning of each turn. I think it has something to do with the AI civs producing a certain type of unit, possibly a trebuchet, but that is just speculation. The message reads:

PYTHON EXCEPTION:
File "CvGameInterface"; line 180, in AI_chooseProduction
File "CvGameUtils"; in line 338
Name Error: global name "pPlayer" is not defined

I might have made some minor syntax mistakes but that's pretty much it. Hope it helps.
Otherwise, I'm having a good time with it, except for some problems with an unreasonably aggressive Sitting Bull...

I really would appreciate some advice on how to dispose of or at least mitigate the MAF errors. I'm running a very high end system (Core2 due 6850 3ghz, 9800GTX, 2gb RAM, etc) yet as soon as the game gets over 2mb in terms of the save files I get MAFs to the point I can't play.

Hi all, another thing:
crossbow for Roman ( i don't know for other civilization ) doesn't have "accuracy" and this cause no bombard effect!. Bombard button works but all crossbow (also 5 or more units) always miss the target. I have found this problem in "RiseOfMankind28CivEarth" map , i will check it on custom games.

I have installed:
1. RoM 2.0 ( of course :) )
2. Revolution & DCM for Rise of Mankind
3. Extra Civ addon pack
4. RoMExtraCivRevolution Patch

Let's have a good weekend :)

Hi all, another thing:
crossbow for Roman ( i don't know for other civilization ) doesn't have "accuracy" and this cause no bombard effect!. Bombard button works but all crossbow (also 5 or more units) always miss the target. I have found this problem in "RiseOfMankind28CivEarth" map , i will check it on custom games.

Crossbow unit does have DCMBobmAccuracy of 70 so theoretically it should misses the target only in 3 out of 10 cases. I have actually raised the bombard accuracy for most units compared to what they are in original DCM. You should know however that there is a factor of randomness that makes results unpredictable. I myself see the rate of missing targets for all ranged units to be a little frustrating. Still it might be a little better than what it used to be in Civ3. Anyway, I think Dale is right in using accuracy to limit the effect of bombardment otherwise it would have been quite overpowered.

BTW this has nothing to do with the map you are playing.

I really would appreciate some advice on how to dispose of or at least mitigate the MAF errors. I'm running a very high end system (Core2 due 6850 3ghz, 9800GTX, 2gb RAM, etc) yet as soon as the game gets over 2mb in terms of the save files I get MAFs to the point I can't play.

While your system is quite impressive the most decisive factor when it comes to MAFs is RAM. 3 or 4 GB can make you get rid of MAFs.

If investing in RAM is not on your list in near future then you may try other solutions. The following link provides one of the most successful solutions: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=225205&highlight=memory+allocation

You may find other solutions by searching the forums with the keywords MAF, or Memory Allocation Failure.

@gravitynada

Good that you got it working. If you want to send some private feedback, just send it in PM here on forums. :)

@HannibalBarka

According to your log files, there's some failure when the game tries to load mod's civilopedia python files. Just a guess but did you install RevolutionDCM addon to RoM 2? NoManners' had similar problem just few posts earlier.. double check the installation instructions to see if you have skipped some part of them - main mod and addons have different instructions.

@MrCrawford

Could you post the log files too - might help me find the problem faster. :)

You were right, I reinsatalled without RevolutionDCM and it's working now. thanks

Crossbow unit does have DCMBobmAccuracy of 70 so theoretically it should misses the target only in 3 out of 10 cases. I have actually raised the bombard accuracy for most units compared to what they are in original DCM. You should know however that there is a factor of randomness that makes results unpredictable. I myself see the rate of missing targets for all ranged units to be a little frustrating. Still it might be a little better than what it used to be in Civ3. Anyway, I think Dale is right in using accuracy to limit the effect of bombardment otherwise it would have been quite overpowered.

BTW this has nothing to do with the map you are playing.

ok, but in the description text the accurancy level (70 or other) doesn't exist for roman crossbow unit. I hope to take a screenshot.

Thanks a lot

Here you find the differences between crossbow and archer (for example).
On crossbow there is not the accurancy level so ranger bombard doesn't work, i think.

Good bye
;)

Top Bottom