Vikings for BtS 3.19

isenchine

Empress
Vikings: Civ4 Warlords Mod now updated to Beyond the Sword 3.19 :viking:

Now you have prepared everything for your nice Christmas celebration and - knock knock - some uninvited guests are knocking at your door with an axe: the Vikings! :eek: :viking: :D

Download at CFC Database

Uploaded on 24 December 2015

Author: FIRAXIS Games (Ed Piper?)

Additional credits:
Art work for Norse/Asen religion: Refar and JustATourist (from: Just Another Religion Mod)
Flavour units: Bakuel (Vikings), Ambrox (Celts), Chugginator (European Medieval Worker)
Platyping: Text Reader (CTRL-F12: displays the help text in a scrollable screen. Useful when encountering a huge army!)

Single Player: you play as the Vikings and have one objective: amass as much gold as possible!
The amount of gold needed to achieve a victory depends upon the difficulty selected.

Installation:
Unzip in BtS/Mods folder (Charlemagne, etc). Load BtS, then the Mod or double-click directly on the file Vikings.CivBeyondSwordWBSave in the Maps folder.

Enjoy! :viking: :viking: :viking:

Oh wow, merry Christmas, Santa :) Thanks for all the presents!

You're welcome. :)

Merry Christmas to you and to all Civilization Fanatics! :xmassign:

:viking: :D You can't: you have no friends to trade with! :D :viking:

Sorry, it's a copy-paste left-over from another mod (now fixed)!...

Is it intentional that all Viking cities have a border radius one level smaller than their culture would normally mean? My homelands need a huge amount of Culture to expand to actually use half my decent tiles, and my captured colonies have literally no borders at all.

It is semi-intentional. I never liked the system in BtS where new settlements would acquire cultural influence:
1) immediately for the first ring; 2) in just several turns for the Big Fat Cross.

This being said, I realise that there is a conflict between realism and gameplay.

I have reviewed the system for the new scenarios (so far: AmRev, Omens, Vikings and Genghis Khan - in preparation, as for seven others) as follows:

Culture BtS Quick BtS Normal BtS Epic BtS Marathon Scenarios
None 0 0 0 0 0
Poor 0 0 0 0 3
Fledging 5 10 15 30 30
Developing (= Big Fat Cross) 50 100 150 300 300
Refined 250 500 750 1,500 3,000
Influential 2,500 5,000 7,500 15,000 30,000
Legendary 25,000 50,000 75,000 150,000 300,000

The last levels should not be reachable in Scenarios as Cultural Victories are off anyway.

PS: the settings for Vikings were 0, 30, 300, 3000, 15000, 30000, 60000.

Of course, Civ4 being an easily customisable game, any user can change this to their own convenience with a text editor (Notepad++ is an excellent free software). The XML file is Vikings\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4CultureLevelInfo.

Cities being unable to work any tiles at all until they get a monument in play creates a gigantic barrier to them being functional, one that's pretty much insurmountable if they're not near forests or on topic a plains hill or grassland grain. My own home cities had hundreds of turns to go to get BFC from religion culture. I'll fire it up again to confirm.

Top Bottom