Vincentz Infinite Projects (VIP) [Modpack]

vincentz

Programmer
NOTE : I have started my own mod and will update my mods from there in the future :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=398499

Spoiler :

********** Welcome to VIP **********

VIP (Vincentz Infinite Projects) consists of multible modmods for Rise of Mankind which is a mod for the strategy game Civilization 4 with the Beyond the Sword expansion pack.

Current versions are VIP 1.7, RoM 2.91, Civ4 BtS 3.19

With me so far? Good, then you'd come to the right place.

************** About **************

These modmods are all modular, which means they can be added or removed without changing any original files. F.ex. if you don't like the Guilds or the Thor Project Satellite, you can delete the folders, and the NEXT game will be without those. You can however NOT add or remove any of the mods in the middle of a game. This will corrupt the savegame. (Hopefully Civ5 will fix this.)

*********** Installation ***********

The mods should be placed in the Program folder of the game, NOT the Documents folder.

Default install path for Civ4 Bts RoM :

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules

Note for Vista and Win7 users: If Civ4 is installed in Program Files you'll need to disable UAC or log in with an Administrator Permission. (But then again, you'd propably already knew this when installing RoM)

*********** Description ***********

The mods inside the modules folder :

Custom Units/Agent
= Agent unit, upgrade of the spy. Starts with Commando and Security I.

Custom Units/Special Agent
= Special Agent unit, better than agent, max 5/civ. Starts with Commando, Security I, Escape Artist I and Improvise I.

Custom Units/007
= Top Secret Agent unit, super agent, max 1/civ. Starts with tons of gadgets and special training. Shaken, not stirred.

Custom Units/Warlord
= Warlords II adds one powerfull warlord unit with army for each era, that can roam the contryside bringing death and disaster or stand ground in his selfbuilt fort preventing friendly forces entering your land throu chokepoints. Uses the Great General promotions and can be captured in which case he'll become a lesser Great General that can be attached to other units. Note : As the warlord is a hostile unconventional son of a b.... with only the scull and bone swaying in the wind, he is open target for friendly armies to attack (unless he gets them first ofcourse).

Builds/Industry
= Adds an upgradeable industrial improvement in 5 levels: Light, Sparse, Medium, Dense and Heavy. If pillaged it will become an Industry Ruin which can be worked up to light industry in 5 turns. If used together with AND (A New Dawn modmodpack) it will spit out tons of CO2. "Pollution! I'll give you pollution...."

Builds/Junglecamp
= Adds the Jungle Camp improvement. After staying 3 years in a jungle I was surprised how little value the Civ4 Devteam had given it. So I spiced it up with an improvement that can bring in the tons of fruit and vegetables that can be harvested almost all year around. It also have a small chance of finding resources like banana, spice, gems etc etc.

Projects/Vincentz/Corporations
= Adds 6 new corporations : East Western Trade Company, Emperors Clothing, Big McDowells, Moonbean Coffeeshop, Mall Wart and Mile High Tours.

Projects/Vincentz/Guilds
= Adds 15 medieval corporations based on the London Guilds. The Guilds are catagorized into 3 parts : The Craftsmens (Blacksmiths, Goldsmiths, Glassblowers, Carpenters and Masons), The Servants (Scribes, Drapers, Equestrians, Apothecaries and Artists) and the Victuallers (Butchers, Fishmongers, Bakers, Mercers and Grocers). Each category has a Master Guild Hall (National Wonder), that works as a government center and is required for the respectively guilds to be founded. This limits the Guilds to max 3/civ and only 1 from each category. Each of the Master Guild Halls adds a Guild Charter that can be used together with the Guild Masters to spread the Guilds to other cities, but only 1/city. So choose wisely. The Crafts and Servants Guilds have Guild Halls that can be built in cities giving different bonuses while the Victuallers Guilds will add their required buildings to all cities. (Example: You build Victuallers Master Guild in a city. You then built (or found with a Great Person) the Butchers Guild in that city. The Butcher building will then be added to all of your cities including new built ones.)

Projects/Vincentz/Improve
= Adds an upgradeable Trade improvement in 3 levels: Trade Post, Trade Market and Trade Center buildable by workers or caravans, plus a lot of balancing on existing improvements: adding defense and air defense to existing improvements, changing the cottage->town to a more overall improvement while the Tradepost->Trade Center takes over the commerce, scaling down the watermill by removing 2 food with electricity and adding 1 food for farms with road, paved and modern road (but not railroad). It also adds the option of building a Village with Social Contract. This will consume the worker.

Projects/Vincentz/Promo
= Adds 2 new promotions plus extra DCM Bombard Range starting from Cannons and Early Destroyers range 2 to future units at range 5. The Elite promotion require either CityRaider III or Drill III and besides Blitz it gives some nice features with the cost of 100% added upgrade price. The Supplies promotion adds +1 movement and is granted to units built in a city with granary. Together with the Tactics promotion given with Barracks, a hole new strategy element is added to Civ4 with hit and runs, strategic offenses and defenses and surprise attacks. "Let the war....begin...."

Projects/Vincentz/Silent Hunter
= Adds [attack transport types first] for subs and [defend against subs first] for destroyer types simulating the strategic role submarines had during first and second world war and creating the need for more diverse convoys. It also adds a little surprise if the Kremlin happens to have a seaside view. Hint : NOT Blue September ;)

Projects/Vincentz/SpySat
= Adds a Recon Spy Satellite for spotting what's going on in your neighbourghs backyard even though its on the other side of the world.

Projects/Vincentz/Thor
= Adds the Project Thor Satellite. Ever wanted to bombard your enemy from outer space with high velocity projectiles. Now your dream can come true. In the real world the project was cancelled in the 50's (or was it??????)

Projects/Vincentz/VCivics
= My personal balancing of the Civics. Some of the Civics need a little bit of tweaking IMO. This is my view on the subject. The Republic has changed to add unhappiness for armies in cities and the 3 civics (Slavery, Despotism, State Church) that gives minus to research has been downscaled to -10% each. Despotism has been moved to Slavery tech and Free Church has been downscaled to +10% Buildingbuild.

Spoiler :

Changelog 1.6 (Uploaded 2/4/10)
Spoiler :
INDUSTRY :
Order is now Ruins->Light->Sparse->Medium->Dense->Heavy.
Railroad now gives +2 :hammers: instead of +1 :commerce:/+1 :hammers:
When pillage Light Industry it becomes a permanent Industry Ruins that will grow to Light Industry in 5 turns if plot is worked.
Upgrade times has been extended for early industries.
Added Defense and Air Defense
Added Gametexts
Added Civic Modifiers
Reduced Industry in general because of added civic modifiers

JUNGLE CAMP :
Can only be build on jungle
Tourism +2 :commerce: (was 1)
Green Civic : +2 :commerce:
Tribal Civic : +1 :food: +1 :hammers:

WARLORDS II
Order is now Chief->Captain->Sergeant->Colonel->Commander to avoid confusion.
Always Hostile+Hidden Nationality, but can "hide" in friendly cities. (Arkan, Osama etc)
Added weak Collateral Damage
Changed Chief Spearman/Axeman to Barbarian Art
Changed Captain Ram to Trebuchet
Changed names. example : =Warlord Chief=, =Sergeant= etc.
Changed Strenght : Chi 10/Cpt 15/Sgt 25/Col 40/Cmd 60
Removed Great General II
Added early and middle art defines, so getting a =Commander= doesnt look off era in early times. Unfortunately there are only 3 Era Art Styles.

SECRET AGENTS
007 Changed name to Top Secret Agent
Spies now upgrade to Agents and Special Agents
Added Gametext

TRADE POSTS (and minor adjustments to existing improvements)
Added Trade Posts->Trade Market->Trade Center
Added Defense and Air Defense for mines and cottage+ improvements
Cannot build Cottage/Village in forrests (Have to cut down)
Added Build Village for workers with Social Contract (will consume the worker)
Changed Watermill. -2 :food: with Electricity

PROMOTIONS
Added Supplies Promotion (+1 Movement) Granted to armies built in city with Granary or Modern Granay.
Grants Tactics Promotion (+30% Retreat) to any army built in city with Barracks or Garrison
Added Elite Promotion (Req : City Raider III or Drill III and Logistics. Adds Blitz, +20% Retreat, 10% less collatoral, +25% XP and Upgrade Cost +100%)
Changed DCM Bombard Range for Sieges and Ships starting from Cannon and Early Destroyer (2) to NLOS and Fusion Battleship (5)

Changelog 1.7 (Uploaded 9/4/10)
Spoiler :
Added all files to the RAR and removed the "old" entries in the Project/Vincentz MLF file. This way it should work even if the old Vincentz Mod 1.5 is installed.

Fixed the Jungle Camp missing build button.

Added a VIP ReadMe file (Same as spoiler in 1st. post)

VCIVICS
Added a new folder with changes to the Civics :
Republic gets +2 :) but +1 :mad: for each military unit in the city.
Slavery, Despotism and State Church's all set to -10% :science:
Despotism req Slavery Tech
Free Church StateReligionBuildingProductionModifier set to 10%

IMPROVE
Changed Cottage -> Town making it a more overall improvement. The Trade Post -> Trade Center now takes over as the Commerce Producing improvement.

Cottage : +1 :food: +1 :commerce:
Spoiler :
Originally in the Middle Ages, cottages housed agricultural workers and their families. The term cottage denoted the dwelling of a cotter. Thus, cottages were smaller peasant units (larger peasant units being called messuages). In that early period, a documentary reference to a cottage would most often mean, not a small stand-alone dwelling as today, but a complete farmhouse and yard (albeit a small one).

Hamlet : +1 :food: +1 :hammers: +1 :commerce:
Spoiler :
A hamlet is traditionally defined ecclesiastically as a village or settlement that usually does not have its own church, belonging to a parish of another village or town. In modern usage it generally refers to a secondary settlement in a civil parish, after the main settlement (if any). Hamlets may have been formed around a single source of economic activity such as a farm, mill, mine or harbour that employed its working population. Some hamlets, particularly those that have a medieval church, may be the result of the depopulation of a village.

Village : +1 :food: +1 :hammers: +2 :commerce:
Spoiler :
A village is a clustered human settlement or community, larger than a hamlet with the population ranging from a few hundred to a few thousands (sometimes tens of thousands), Though often located in rural areas, the term urban village is also applied to certain urban neighbourhoods, such as the West Village in Manhattan, New York City and the Saifi Village in Beirut, Lebanon, as well as Hampstead Village in the London conurbation. Villages are normally permanent, with fixed dwellings; however, transient villages[1] can occur. Further, the dwellings of a village are fairly close to one another, not scattered broadly over the landscape ('dispersed settlement')

Historically, villages were the usual form of community for societies that practise subsistence agriculture, and also for some non-agricultural societies. In Great Britain, a hamlet earned the right to be called a village when it built a church.[2] In many cultures, towns and cities were few, with only a small proportion of the population living in them. The Industrial Revolution attracted people in larger numbers to work in mills and factories; the concentration of people caused many villages to grow into towns and cities. This also enabled specialization of labor and crafts, and development of many trades. The trend of urbanisation continues, though not always in connection with industrialisation. Villages have been eclipsed in importance as units of human society and settlement.

Town : +1 :food: +2 :hammers: +2 :commerce:
Spoiler :
In English and Dutch, the meaning of the word took on the sense of the space these fences used to enclose. In English that was a small city which could not afford or was not allowed to build walls or other larger fortifications, and built a palisade/stockade instead (many early English settlements in North America used stockades.) In the Netherlands, this space was a garden, more specifically the richer ones which had a high fence or a wall around them (like the garden of palace 't Loo in Apeldoorn which was the example for the privy garden of William and Mary at Hamptoncourt). In Norse/Norwegian tun means the (grassy) place between the farm houses.

In Old English and Early and Middle Scots, the word ton, toun, etc. could refer to kinds of settlements as diverse as agricultural estates and holdings, partly picking up the Norse sense (as in the Scots word fermtoun) at one end of the scale, to fortified municipality at the other. If there was ever properly any distinction between toun (fortified municipality) and burgh (unfortified municipality), it did not last in practice as burghs and touns developed. For example "Edina Burgh" or "Edinburgh" (called a city today) was built around a fort and eventually came to have a defensive wall.

In some cases, "town" is an alternate name for "city" or "village" (especially a larger village). Sometimes, the word "town" is short for "township." In general, today towns can be differentiated from townships, villages, or hamlets on the basis of their economic character, in that most of a town's population will tend to derive their living from manufacturing industry, commerce, and public service rather than primary industry such as agriculture or related activities.

While the Tradeposts will be

Trade Post : -1 food +1 commerce
Trade Market : -1 food +2 commerce
Trade Center : -1 food +3 commerce

with +1 :commerce: from Patrician and Bourgeous civics and +:commerce: from routes.

I also changed the farm to give +1 :food: with Road, Paved Road and Modern Road.

GUILDS
Removed Crafts, Servants and Victuallers Guild Charter and made a general Guild Charter to make the Guilds compatible with AND & ROM without having to change original files. One exception is Hydro's Domestic Animal mod in AND.
Changed the 3 Master Guild Halls to act like Government Center but with a hefty +100% Maintenance so there can be 3 Guilds/civ, but since they use the same Guild Charter there can be only 1 per city, which is actually not bad. Personally I was rather busy building buildings and armies in the Guilds era, so it was too much spreading 3 Guilds to all the cities. This way the cities that has low food can get a Victuallers Guild, the ones with low production can get a Crafts Guild and the specialized cities can get a Servants Guild. I also added Guild Halls to all the Crafts and Servants Guilds, and gave Victuallers Guilds their required building to all cities (Like the pyramids).
Removed the Crafts, Servants, Victuallers general Guild Masters. They were kind of pointless and the AI didnt know how to use them properly.
Put Text_keys on the Guilds
Adjusted and balanced the Guilds

Changelog 1.8 (Uploaded 1/5-2010)
Spoiler :

Added new unit icons so no unit uses the same same icons :

ACV
ACV SAM
Anti Air Halftrack
Biological Warfare Missile
Dragoon
EMP SAM Infantry
Foreign Legion
Galley
Guided Missile
Light Anti Air
Modern Marine
Navy Seal
Paratrooper
Precision Attack Missile
Stiletto Boat
T95
V1 Missile

TODO : Change Hybrid Gunship

Silent Hunter :
Added Troop Transport
Added Specialclass Troop to Redcoat, Rifleman and Grenadier

Seaharvest :
Removed 1 food from coast/ocean
Added 1 food from Harbour, Port, Commercial Port (but not International Port)

Promo :
Added req for Int. Port (3 commercial ports)
Added req for Aero Complex (3 commercial airports)
Removed Supplies promotion, but used Speed instead.
Renamed Tags Scouting to Elite

Thor :
Removed Colletoral Damage
Increased Strength to 500

Warlord :
Added cultural diverse modern warlords
Changed names for the Warlords. The single warlords are now Great [name] and the Army Warlords are simply Warlord [name].
Order is now : Chief, Captain, Corporal, Colonel, Commander

Plus a lot of minor adjustments/balancing on the different mods

reserved for pictures

Attachments

• Promotions Banner.jpg
    Promotions Banner.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 40,374
  • Tradeposts Banner.jpg
    Tradeposts Banner.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 40,507
  • Secret Agents Banner.jpg
    Secret Agents Banner.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 40,044
  • Silent Hunter Banner.jpg
    Silent Hunter Banner.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 40,246
  • industry Banner.jpg
    industry Banner.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 40,355
  • Junglecamp Banner.jpg
    Junglecamp Banner.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 40,291
  • satellites Banner.jpg
    satellites Banner.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 40,102
  • Corporations Banner.jpg
    Corporations Banner.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 40,049
  • Guilds Banner.jpg
    Guilds Banner.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 40,039
  • Warlords II Banner.jpg
    Warlords II Banner.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 40,629
Vincentz! It's so good to see you modding again. It's been too long. For a while (AND 1.5-1.6), I was totally alone.

This does look cool :D

Combined forces of Afforess, Vincentz, and Dancing Hoskuld...

OH MY!!!

What an awesome sight!

Changelog 1.6 (Will be uploaded 31/3/2010)

....:coughcough:...

:) I know, I know. I should be patient but I do love most of your modmods :D.

One thing that came up in discussion elsewhere was to have the lighthouse building make sea travel faster near it. Sort of an instant sea-lanes. Sea-lanes was one of yours wasn't it? I don't seem to have the code any where. Do you?

Sorry about the announced date and the delay in update, but our bar was actually closed (we needed a little holiday) until a couple of my friends coworkers came from Denmark. Then it was suddenly very busy with diving, drinking and eating the nicest easter feast I had in many years. (Rugbrød, leverpostej, snaps og karrysild. All of which is impossible to get on the island, maybe in entire Thailand).
I had plans to make a Installer like AND, but for now I'll just upload the mods in RAR.

@ Dancing Hoskuld
I'll see if I can find it.

Can you describe what fixes are that have to overwrite files in RoM? It may help Afforess figure out AND compatible fixes for them or even use that forceoverwrite tag if it is applicable...

I did already ;) See in the spoiler below Guild Fix Download.

With AND, you can modularly delete XML objects without editing base files. See the Better RoM folder for examples. However, it doesn't matter here, since I have a custom version of Guilds which doesn't use resources.

Unfortunately there are only 3 Era Art Styles.

In AND there are 6. ;)

With AND, you can modularly delete XML objects without editing base files. See the Better RoM folder for examples. However, it doesn't matter here, since I have a custom version of Guilds which doesn't use resources.

I noticed in AND that RoM Unitinfos and Buildinginfos are being overwritten. What changes did you make in those? So I can make an AND compatible version.
I also thought about stealing (I mean borrowing ;)) your DLL as there are sooooo many things I'd like to mod that is only possible with AND. (well, it actually dates back to Jooyo putting in a bit of smoke in my industry chimneys :smoke:).

BTW I did a massive rework on the Guilds. They are more balanced, better looking, more diverse etc etc. I'd also prefer to have the max 3 guilds/civ, otherwise they dont get spread around so much, and some of the big civs will take most of them.

But... In the end when I'm done testing, adjusting, balancing my mods, I think it would be better if AND ate them, as it is more user friendly to have that big one, instead of 20 small modmods.

Top Bottom