ViSa General Discussion

1. When I try to go to the bug thread it says I do not have permission. I am a signed in regular user of this Civ Fanatics

2. When I try to install on my laptop with 1440 x 900 display it says it cannot install on anything with a resolution less than 1024x768. Huh????

Hi to all, i need the registry key fix, all the link to that file that i founded does not work. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Does anyone know what the piece of music is called for the early Iroquois music? Just interested.

Howdy.

Still playing visa 3.5, still loving it. I'm looking for advice on the best way to boost my system to be able to play larger games faster. I've got 4 GB of memory, of which I understand XP Home is only capable of using around 3.5 GB. I'm running a 2.2 GHz AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core processor 4200. Display adapter is a GeForce 7600 GS.

There are plenty of changes i COULD make, but the question I have is what changes would likely make it possible to play larger games faster. The graphics could be faster, but appear to be plenty fast enough. No stalling on animations. The biggest delay is the interminable wait for the next turn to complete, or shift clicking to select unit number 34 of 62 camped out in a rally city.

Would switching to System 7 make enough difference to be worth it... possibly by allowing me to actually use more memory? Or are there internal limits in Civ 4 that would make any such effort fruitless. Is my only good solution to get the fastest possible modern processor?

I'm not looking for guesses or suggestions to try. I am very interested however in hearing any good advice based on real knowledge and experience.

Thanks!

Top Bottom