Volunteer your unfinished mods for playtesting with feedback

1ShadowCreature

Chieftain
Hello. Have you ever seen people holding a sign that says "will work for food" in a movie or something? Well, this is me holding a sign that says "will playtest and give feedback for link to files", so im hoping that some of you that have made a mod(mod) and are not too shy to share will share your awesome modding with me and maybe some of the others that happen upon this thread.

What i hope this thread to be, is a collection of links to playtestable mods made by people in this forum, as it is currently for me, i find it very difficult to find actual mods or their updates (i have spent hours searching and looking nad hoping and not really finding any) that i can test and have fun exploring.

Currently i only know of two modmods; the PTSD one by @Ramstormp and Plains/Yields by @raystuttgart , and i have my imaginary nose squished to the screen of their screenshots while imaginary drooling like a toddler outside a candyshop whishing to know how to get my hands on the goods. That is, the new updates, not the old old files, as i am still swapping between WTP301 and PTSD142 for my craving to be satisfied of this immensely awesome mod of colonization.

So if anyone know how i can become a successful virtual beggar with my rambling, i sure would love to spend more time ingame and less on writing my ramblings here...

*1ShadowCreature holding up imaginary sign with text: WILL PLAYTEST & GIVE FEEDBACK for LINK TO -updated- FILEDOWNLOAD*

Plains/Yields by @raystuttgart
"Plains" / "Yields" are not really supposed to be "modmods" actually.
(There is also "Crime and Law" which is still in a protoype phase.)

They are just my unfinished development branches.
(e.g. MapScripts and Maps have not been adjusted.)

-----

There are even more branches by the other team members. (e.g. @devolution)
(e.g. "develop" and "develop2" but also a few other small ones.)

-----

If I would feel that my branches were ready to be "played" I would publish them.
But they are not. All they are currently is branches to develop and bugfix stuff.

-----

Please do not worry:
All of them are supposed to become "WTP core mod" and be published once finished.
(We modders simply need to finish and merge our stuff first, which may take a while though.)

-----

Summary:
Please stay patient
until we have finished and merged our stuff. :thumbsup:
(The versions you could get now have bugs and also contain unfinished content.)

-----

I can tell so much however:
If we actually make it to another release by finishing and merging our branches, it will be the biggest release in our complete history. :)
There is simply still a lot of open work to do and finish ... and just very little capacity and spare time to do so.

It simply takes time ... and patience.

Last edited:
"will playtest and give feedback for link to files"
Playtesting does not help me right now considering my own branches. :dunno:
I don't need any feedback right now and would not have the time to reply to it.

Also by the time you playtested something in my branches it would probably already be outdated.
I am in the middle of development and the only thing that helps is actual modding.

So please give me time to mod and finish my stuff. :thumbsup:

-----

Edit:
Every modder can pull my branches from GIT, compile a DLL with the Source Code provided and take a sneak peak if he really wants to.
(Of course everybody is also free to use the stuff I created for his own modmod or any other project if he wants.)

This here is e.g. the branch "Yields" in GIT.
https://github.com/We-the-People-civ4col-mod/Mod/tree/Yields

You can install GIT, pull the branch (including regular updates), compile a DLL with the provided source code and then take a sneak peak.
Be warned however that you may run into serious bugs. Ideally you should also update your local repository with GIT every time I make changes or fixes.

Also you will have to manually create Maps and MapScripts.
(The existing Maps and MapScripts do not yet have all the new Terrains, Terrain Features, Bonus Resources ...)

-----

Well, as I said, I am in the middle of development. :dunno:
I just do not have a polished, finished and bugfree version for players to play yet.

Last edited:
Thank you for still loving this game! Now i will have to try to figure out how to do that DLL compiling so i can sneak peak.

Attachments

• Setup Colonization IV Development Environment.pdf
    78.2 KB · Views: 24
Top Bottom