Vox Populi's Pirates

Enginseer

Salientia of the Community Patch
Supporter
Vox Populi's Pirates is an upcoming Civilization V scenario-based mod that allows players to relive the days of colonization of the Caribbean by the four major countries in the region. Along with Native Americans and Pirates functioning as city-states, the mod will truly test the improved naval AI of Vox Populi. As ships will have more than 100 HP, naval combat will be taken to the next level as losing a certain portion of maximum HP will prevent ships from receiving their full movement speed. Victory can only be achieved through Time and Domination of the Caribbean. Scenario based on Sid Meier's Pirates game!
European Powers
  • Spain: A major power that declined as pirating increased and increased beyond control. They start often strong early, but may decline late game as control over their colonies become harder to maintain. They are a strong holder to the Catholicism.
    • UA: Encomienda
    • UU: Conquistador can no longer settle cities however considering settlers are forbidden!
    • UB: Mission
  • England: A relatively semi-major power that contested the Caribbean through its weird design of a superior ship design that will outrival many of their European counterparts.
    • UA: The Sun Never Sets
    • UU: Ship of the Line
    • UB: Town Hall
  • France: Another relatively semi-major power that wrestled for control of the Caribbean.
    • UA: Franco Values
    • UU: Musketeers
    • UI: Chateau
  • The Netherlands: A minor power that became relatively economically strong through the incoming and outcoming of trade during this era.
    • UA: Dutch West Indies
    • UU: Sea Beggars
    • UB: Dutch West India Company
Minor Civilizations
  • Native Americans will begin to appear as city-states where the European powers can begin to align with them through the usage of offering guns and food in which they can return a strong bonus to the empire.
  • Pirates will also be of importance as instead of providing bonuses like the Native Americans, they provide military support and help destabilize the enemies of their allies who offer to privateer them.
Beta Version of Liberty, Equity, Security Incorporated
Along with neat features, a small mod feature from my upcoming mod will also be installed to represent how the European colonies derive their source of funding and power from in their colony charter.
  • Crown Colony: The colonies derive their government from the royal monarch themselves. They earn defensive bonuses.
  • Proprietary Colony: The colonies begin to wane away their European homelands and begin to establish themselves as more independent from the royalty and become more self-reliant. They earn domestic bonuses.
  • Joint-Stock Colony: The colonies begin to wane away from the European monarch for instead investments from joint-stack companies. They earn economic bonuses.

Last edited:
Good luck with this :) (so does this requires the Balance Overhaul?)

Will Native Americans also fight each other?
Obviously, it'll require the Balance Overhaul. How City-States and City-States fight each other in quest? Absolutely.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Man you're a psycho.... Why do you have to make everyone else look bad? :D

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Man you're a psycho.... Why do you have to make everyone else look bad? :D
What do you mean by that?

I mean that you keep making new projects all the time. The way you're constantly working makes everyone else looks bad in comparison.
It's only when I start releasing the project is when everything else looks bad in comparison. When I release a mod, I playtest them as a player rather than a modder and try to see whether or not it is a playable thing (hence why most of the compatible mods seem balanceable)

Can't wait for this, need testers?
Maybe soon. I don't have much free time anymore.

I just need more ship models because it feels bland at the moment and deciding whether or not the implementation of Captains be implemented.

Overall most has been done. Cargo ships are literally your main source of income. Considering three out of the four civilization gets 10 Trade Routes to start with. As such cargo ships are cheap to produce and buy which means you should attempt to pillage them and the AI will attempt this as well!

There are basically three types of Religion: Catholicism, Protestantism, and Tengriism(renamed to Native Pantheon to represent all of them in short effect). Keep in mind however that Holy Cities exist as a "most religious dense" colony and not an actual representation of the actual holy city of their respective religion. In terms of natives americans, it is given to the highest populous city.

Spain is actually one of the most powerful Empire, but the hardest to master because of how much poverty and crime exist. Sure they're a Royal Colony, but it doesn't help that your empires are diverse and spread out. They are also the most religious intolerance bolstering their Catholicism.

England is the easiest empire to start with as their colonies are relatively unified and thus have safer trade opportunities and are lenient in their religion spreading both Protestantism and Catholicism.

France is the 2nd easiest as their colonies are also unified and may also bolster their yields through their unique improvements. They are a strong contender of Catholicism.

Dutch is surprisingly hard since they are a small empire, but if they do manage to get a good start they can even overwhelm a majority of their opponents through their economic ties and bonuses. They are a strong contender of Protestantism.

@Enginseer The version 12-15 changes to trade routes probably make things difficult for you, but is this mod still in your "to do list" ?

@Enginseer The version 12-15 changes to trade routes probably make things difficult for you, but is this mod still in your "to do list" ?
Yup extremely difficult. :thumbsup:

closed cuz them new civ5 lanucher makes the worldbuilder ded and broken until further resolved

Last edited:
"I but ask what you can do for your modding community."

How can we help with this? sorry to dredge this up

I assume that this is essentially dead/extremely buried...

But if I may, what are the current challenges to implementing scenarios in VP? Is the worldbuilder still broken, or is the mod in too much flux to maintain scenarios until we achieve a 'gold' state?

I assume that this is essentially dead/extremely buried...

But if I may, what are the current challenges to implementing scenarios in VP? Is the worldbuilder still broken, or is the mod in too much flux to maintain scenarios until we achieve a 'gold' state?
worldbuilder is already hard to use and impossible to create.

Top Bottom