VoxPopuli Modpacks (Update: 4.15.2)

Can I ask you what kind of situation causes the crash for you guys? We're experiencing game-breaking, reproducible crashes for both host and non-host in 4.9.1 and 4.11 after capturing an enemy city in the late game. This wasn't occuring in 4.7 or 4.6 so I'm assuming the bug was introduced with the recent versions.
it happens whenever we finish our turn, a lot of the time it'll be two of us crashing (3 of us playing) and whenever they join back the lobby and we go onto the next turn they crash again, and again, and again

it happens whenever we finish our turn, a lot of the time it'll be two of us crashing (3 of us playing) and whenever they join back the lobby and we go onto the next turn they crash again, and again, and again
Can confirm this also happened to me, i end a turn and instant CTD, rejoining a MP session the issue still persists, usually have to cancel the game.

mrbigfeetlover1478​

I assume everybody is clearing their cache when it occurs, not just the people who CTD? Just mentioning it cause my roommate and i originally tried only clearing the cache of the CTD people, but that doesn't work

Hi, I just have a quick question about installing the modpacks. If I install the modpack, do I need to install VP separately?

In the OP, it says that this link can be used to download VP+3/4 UC. But it seems like it only has 3/4 UC, and doesn't include VP? It doesn't add the "ZMP_MODPACK”, “VPUI” and “UI_bc1” to my DLC folder.

Thanks for your help!

Hi, I just have a quick question about installing the modpacks. If I install the modpack, do I need to install VP separately?

In the OP, it says that this link can be used to download VP+3/4 UC. But it seems like it only has 3/4 UC, and doesn't include VP? It doesn't add the "ZMP_MODPACK”, “VPUI” and “UI_bc1” to my DLC folder.

Thanks for your help!
Everything is inside modpacks, the link like the one you have shown is just to credit the creators of the modmods. No need to install VP separately.

Hey, If you have cache related CTDs in multiplayer please keep a save of the cache for all players before cleaning it and send them on github with the logs/saves. Maybe it would help the multiplayer debugging process.

If VP 4.14.1 prove to be stable I will update the modpacks.
It seems that there is a critical CTD on VP 4.9 and higher (related to AI capturing cities) in multiplayer games, so I recommend you to use the 4.7.3_SSEMSU_NoEUI mopack (Link)if you want to play the multiplayer part of the game.

Last edited:
Good Stuff Agiwan, me and my friends are having a blast on 4.11 with the extra mods. We have had random CTDs on occasion but honestly its been way better than before. We can send the cache files to you.

Well you can do it directly to GitHub? Need the cache just after a CTD before cleaning it. And it could be good if you restart the game without cleaning it to be sure it's a cache related CTD

Also how hard would it be to make a modpack using the same structure as the version with EUI and the other mods? Was interested because I want to add two more mods to it. And do you happen to know why a lot of the mapscripts place civs very close to each other? Or any map scripts that don't put players very close to each other?

If VP 4.14.1 prove to be stable I will update the modpacks.
It seems that there is a critical CTD on VP 4.9 and higher (related to AI capturing cities) in multiplayer games, so I recommend you to use the 4.7.3_SSEMSU_NoEUI mopack (Link)if you want to play the multiplayer part of the game.
When? :wavey:

Also how hard would it be to make a modpack using the same structure as the version with EUI and the other mods? Was interested because I want to add two more mods to it. And do you happen to know why a lot of the mapscripts place civs very close to each other? Or any map scripts that don't put players very close to each other?
You have to start from scratch, following the tuto from the first post. For the map position it's map dependent.. The communitu-76 is ok normally.

Top Bottom