VoxPopuli Modpacks (last update: 4.7.1)

Hey did you find the issue ? What are the modmods ?
It was the Goths that were causing the issue. I have no idea why, but I'm just happy the rest of the custom civs seem to play nicely.

Here is the finished mod pack. It's essentially your 3.10.14_VP-SSEM_EUI modpack, plus 31 extra custom civs:
Spoiler :

Prussia
Brittany
Basques
Ireland
Israel
Sumer
Inuit
Benin
Catalonia
Norway
Nan Madol
Phoencia
Cambodia
Manchu
Kushans
Vietnam
Canada
Amalfi
Tehuelche
Zimbabwe
Corsica
Papal States
Nubia
Chola
Philippines
Scotland
Ainu
Tlingit
Hittites
Timurids
Louisiana

I've only played it for a few turns in SP and it seemed to run fine, however I haven't tested an MP game with it so I really can't say whether it's stable. Once I do run a MP game I'll post an update on how well it works.

Edit: Realise I used the wrong version of the Louisiana mod so I reuploaded with the correct version. Also I can't count, it's 31 civs not 33.

Last edited:
It was the Goths that were causing the issue. I have no idea why, but I'm just happy the rest of the custom civs seem to play nicely.

Here is the finished mod pack. It's essentially your 3.10.14_VP-SSEM_EUI modpack, plus 31 extra custom civs:
Spoiler :

Prussia
Brittany
Basques
Ireland
Israel
Sumer
Inuit
Benin
Catalonia
Norway
Nan Madol
Phoencia
Cambodia
Manchu
Kushans
Vietnam
Canada
Amalfi
Tehuelche
Zimbabwe
Corsica
Papal States
Nubia
Chola
Philippines
Scotland
Ainu
Tlingit
Hittites
Timurids
Louisiana

I've only played it for a few turns in SP and it seemed to run fine, however I haven't tested an MP game with it so I really can't say whether it's stable. Once I do run a MP game I'll post an update on how well it works.

Edit: Realise I used the wrong version of the Louisiana mod so I reuploaded with the correct version. Also I can't count, it's 31 civs not 33.

Nice :) I have a question: is there a reason why you take version 3.10.14 for this?

Nice :) I have a question: is there a reason why you take version 3.10.14 for this?
I haven't played with any of the 4.+ newer versions, no clue if they're stable. I have done plenty of MP games with your 3.10.14 modpack though and it's always been remarkably stable :)

Once 4.6 has some bugfixes and seems stable, might try using that for MP instead.

Hey Agiwan,
1. I was wondering if the VP + EUI include the community patch? (Edit: Looks like It does)
2. What is your most stable and tested version of the modpack, while being as recent as possible?
3. Also, I assume you don't have a version with just EUI and Community patch?

Thanks ahead for the reply.

Last edited:
Hey Agiwan,
1. I was wondering if the VP + EUI include the community patch? (Edit: Looks like It does)
2. What is your most stable and tested version of the modpack, while being as recent as possible?
3. Also, I assume you don't have a version with just EUI and Community patch?

Thanks ahead for the reply.
Hi, vp include community patch + news systems/balance. Community patch alone isn't compatible with EUI I think 🤔
To be honest I am not sure about the most stable patch. You could try 4.6.1 without Eui as I suspect that eui causes crashes for non host players due to memory consumption (It just a thought I have, but I never tested a multiplayer game without eui).
Playing without eui is so hard to keep track about civs relationship, defensive pacts, vassals etc :(

Playing without eui is so hard to keep track about civs relationship, defensive pacts, vassals etc
There is a diplomacy menu in non-EUI in which all of those are shown

You're right, EUI is not compatible with Community Patch. It is not possible to play Community Patch with a modpack created for VP, as the contents of the "(1) Community Patch" folder depend on whether VP is installed or not (that's the reason why there has to be a separate option "Community Patch only" in the autoinstaller).

There is a diplomacy menu in non-EUI in which all of those are shown

You're right, EUI is not compatible with Community Patch. It is not possible to play Community Patch with a modpack created for VP, as the contents of the "(1) Community Patch" folder depend on whether VP is installed or not (that's the reason why there has to be a separate option "Community Patch only" in the autoinstaller).
You're right, but I find EUI really great for knowing relationships, for example when the AI asks you if you want to be his friend you can find out if he is friends with your allies very easily on the interface whereas without EUI you can't without leaving the conversation.

And you can't open menus during AI turns, while you can still hover on the civ icons.

Hi, vp include community patch + news systems/balance. Community patch alone isn't compatible with EUI I think 🤔
To be honest I am not sure about the most stable patch. You could try 4.6.1 without Eui as I suspect that eui causes crashes for non host players due to memory consumption (It just a thought I have, but I never tested a multiplayer game without eui).
Playing without eui is so hard to keep track about civs relationship, defensive pacts, vassals etc :(
Alright thanks.
Seems like I am gonna go with VP + EUI Only pack. Now I saw you mentioned that someone used to test them for you, and now you can't tell if the modpacks are stable.
So the question now is, which ones were tested and worked well?

Alright thanks.
Seems like I am gonna go with VP + EUI Only pack. Now I saw you mentioned that someone used to test them for you, and now you can't tell if the modpacks are stable.
So the question now is, which ones were tested and worked well?
Well I tested them for a guy, but he is not there anymore for now. Someone said that 3.10.14 is fine. I hope he will come back one day so I can test again all his improvements on mutliplayer stability !

Last edited:
Well I tested them for a guy, but he is not there anymore for now. Someone said that 3.10.14 is fine. I hope he will come back one day so I can test again all his improvements on mutliplayer stability !
Aright, I will give it a shot with my friend.
Thanks for the help.

My brother and I play 4.5.1 a lot and it is very stable. We don't enable event and spy. Tried 4.6.1 but it is less stable than 4.5.1 for MP.

My brother and I play 4.5.1 a lot and it is very stable. We don't enable event and spy. Tried 4.6.1 but it is less stable than 4.5.1 for MP.
Hi, how is it less stable ? Do you have more crashes ?

Just tried the latest 4.6.2 modpack, seems relatively stable with 6 players so far. It'll occasionally scream in the chat about desyncs, but it's pretty painless to resync.

As for the modpack I posted above with all the extra custom civs, well it doesn't really work well at all with 6 players, constant crashing and freezing! With 2 players it requires the occasional rehost but it's playable, and in single player it works fine. I'm assuming this is just a classic case of the more players and mods you add, the more civ likes to break. Bit sad though because a lot of those new custom civs are really interesting, I might try again once patches stop rolling out for 4.6 and mods are compatible.

Hi All!
Haven't used modpacks for MP in a few years now. What is the latest most stable version that allows all features (except maybe events)?

Hi All!
Haven't used modpacks for MP in a few years now. What is the latest most stable version that allows all features (except maybe events)?
You have 3.10.14, 4.5.1 (but no spy here or you'll crash) and 4.6.2 (the last release which should work as well as 4.5.1 but you can use spy).
The events work but I prefer to disable them.
In mid game or late game you may experience crash to desktop ("CTD") on "slave players" PCs, you can resume the game by deleting the cache folder then using an autosave. You better have set the autosave frequency every turn to be sure.

Updated to 4.7.1.

Important note: From VP version 4.7.1 the squads modmod has been integrated to the main mod. You can use it in soloplayer but DO NOT USE IT IN MULTIPLAYER as nothing is synced between players when using it.

Top Bottom