Wal-mart asks its underpaid workers to donate food to other underpaid workers

In my circle of acquaintances yearly salary doesn't correlate at all with how hard someone works, but I notice lazy high-payed people more.

Sorry, but if you're poor, rich people just think you are a worthless lazy bum.

In the same way that only dirty people wash (there's no point in washing if you're already clean), it's only lazy people who have to work.

But here's the one [question] that's driving me beserk: why do only fools and horses work?

And the physically harmful effects of being socially excluded by ever moving goalposts of purchasable items of decorum. A suit. A suit and a car. A suit and a car and a cell phone. A suit and a car and a cell phone and overseas experiences and a college degree and a gym body. Oh, you don't eat organic food?

I count three ways in which this type of wealth can grow for an individual person.
1) The amount of money (after essentials) increases. Either through a drop in the price in essentials or through an increase in total earning power.
2) The quality of these goods increase through innovation (akin to my home TV being better than JFK's)
3) The price of these goods drops

or, I guess, 4) The social demand for the expensive goods drops and so the social pressure to achieve these goods drops. Kinda like how Macklemore helped teens buy $5 pants with vastly more confidence than they used to.

Your tone implies that you were under some impression that "liberal" implies any particular concern for workers' rights. Surely that's your mistake?

Top Bottom