Want an easy way to play Civ V online? Say hello to Giant Multiplayer Robot! (GMR)

Just tried the "hotfix" and it does work! :)

Looking at the modified file, it looks like the game tried to use one of the new game modes(Hybrid, most likely) in the old hotseat saves, and ended up applying simultaneous turns. That messes things up for obvious reasons :D

The hotfix seems to work. The 2 fails I encountered can be attributed to players leaving the game out of frustration and putting the files out of sync with GMR. In one case I watched the AI played my turn in front of me and everything went OK from then on. In the other case, it's not solved yet as the defection made me the now host. Hopefully reverting enough backwards will fix it also.

We created a game yesterday AFTER the patch and got issues using GMR :(

The two issues we had:

Player 3 noticed that on his Turn 0 his city was already settled for him

Player1 (me, host) was unable to play Turn 1. As soon as I started the turn, a screen popped up to let Player2 begin his turn. (same issue noted by others in this thread)

We've all surrendered and we're going to start a new game again with hopes the hotfix won't be required for all future hotseat games...

EDIT: Game 2 seems to be working just fine. I also noticed it's possible to have the Brave New World expansion checked on the host screen when making the game. I may have not unchecked that the first time, which might be the cause of 1 or both of the problems we experienced.

Some are reporting that their games are working after another small update today, but I still can't load any games.

Hey CB, what game version do you see at the bottom of the Main Menu in CiV? After yesterday's small patch on Steam I'm seeing 1.0.3.18. I've gone through about 6 GMR games today and 4 worked without a hitch. The other 2 were stuck waiting on some players when I tried to end my turn so I just reverted the turn in those games.

Hopefully you can get it working again! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help :)

Damn, we started a 3rd game with 2 more players and now we have the "instant turn taking" bug. I'm 95% certain all of these guys had the most recent patch before we began this game. Everyone is definitely on 1.0.3.18 now.

The next most suspicious thing is that some of them haven't preordered BNW.

We're going to start a Game 4.... *fingers crossed*

Game 4 works yay!

However.... we've been noticing that the website is extremely slow and often our client is unable to find any of our games (sometimes after we already started our turn, which makes things more difficult).

Anyone else notice this? Feels like there are server load issues.

Edit: Nevermind, I finally got an error:

"Uh-oh.
If you're seeing this page, then that means something went wrong with the Steam login. Steam's authentication has been going down a lot lately, so if you try again in a bit, it should work.

In case you're interested, here's the error:
No OpenID endpoint found."

So it seems possible the Steam sales are hurting GMR! Lol (sorta).

Yeah sorry guys, our server is getting hammered at the moment. It may have something to do with PC Gamer releasing a bit on us just a few hours ago, I'm not sure. Whatever the case we apparently weren't set up properly to handle this many web requests. So that's something we're trying to address.

Thanks all for your patience! :)

Does anyone know if it's possible to play multiple civs from one account? Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it in the 50 some odd pages of this thread.

Does anyone know if it's possible to play multiple civs from one account? Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it in the 50 some odd pages of this thread.

Sorry but no, it's not possible to play as multiple civs in one game on GMR. It's something we're considering adding, but would have many technical implications and challenges given how our system is designed. We have had several requests for this feature though and will likely tackle it at some point!

I'm having a weird problem - somehow the save is getting DLC enabled on it when it definitely wasn't before! (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=162892712)

By the time it reaches the third player, however, he apparently can't open it because DLC is enabled. I am baffled - I've tried reverting turns right to the begining (was only two turns, so not a huge chore...) and starting again but it happened again. I am 100% sure I'm disabling the DLC so what's going on?

Ive got BnW and all DLC available on steam.
Can I play GnK GMR game? With some DLC/Mods?
Vanilla game?

Atm when I try to get into GnK GMR save it brings me "Configuring game data. Please wait"...
Then Civ5 crushes to desktop...
Ive tried to minimising graphics and loading single player save, even vanilla one..

Ive got BnW and all DLC available on steam.
Can I play GnK GMR game? With some DLC/Mods?
Vanilla game?

Atm when I try to get into GnK GMR save it brings me "Configuring game data. Please wait"...
Then Civ5 crushes to desktop...
Ive tried to minimising graphics and loading single player save, even vanilla one..

What you're describing should work. Even if you have BnW, GnK, and all the DLC you should be able to load a save file created with any combination of those, even vanilla saves. If the game is crashing after the "Configuring game data. Please wait..." phase that suggests another problem.

Are you seeing this in all of your games, or just one in particular?

Yes, in every non-BnW GMR game.
Ive rolled reverts but its still there.

Is there any way to launch GnK without launching BnW? Some console command mb?
Im using win7 32 maximum.

Sorry for the late reply. I'm not familiar with anyway to launch CiV without BnW, but it might still be an issue with something else in the games, or your installation of CiV. Could you email me one of the save files that you're unable to load, along with the GMR game# for it? Just send it to support@multiplayerrobot.com

Top Bottom