1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Want an easy way to play Civ V online? Say hello to Giant Multiplayer Robot!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by m4stermel, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

Just got it to work by doing that, yeah. Thanks!

When I initially had the problem, it was a fresh start of the client. The game refused to download, so I did the other games and came back to it. Still didn't work, so I gave up and posted here.

Btw, I got kicked from game 3 out of my 2 game limit, which got me off my lazy ass (to get back into it) to finally support you guys for your wonderful app. Thanks so much! :)

2. m4stermel

m4stermel Giant Multiplayer Robot

That's awesome! Thank you so much for your support! :)

3. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Hi Mel, may I please ask for help replacing the England player with
    vra379971
    in this game pls? as the England player is set on vacation for a while and only skipped once when playing. Very hard to replace manually as other players may get kicked accidently. Thank you.
    http://multiplayerrobot.com/Game#1697

4. Foffaren

Foffaren King

Can you also have a look at this game:
    http://multiplayerrobot.com/Game#1651

Both dan76 and I are getting game crashes. Tried reverts and dl save from site. Hoping you can find something.

5. m4stermel

m4stermel Giant Multiplayer Robot

I made the replacement for you. I really need to just implement a method for game hosts to kick players already. It's a little complicated to do, but would make GMR games much easier to manage! :)

6. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Current implementation is fine, it would be nice if 3-5 vacations in a row counts as 1 skip, then it will.solve the problem. If only the player skipped twice, I can do it easily.
    Thank you very much!:)

7. zubrin

zubrin Chieftain

Yup, we just kept reverting until we got to a good state. All is well now.

8. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

I am reported to have skipped twice in Smote's new GMR game, recently, and I haven't even got the turn.

If EEE_ boy is fixing it, well ok I hope so, otherwise I have these 2 black marks.

9. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

I think I've reverted. maybe i need to revert more.

Edit: just checked, the turn is still on you. and no record of skipping. Maybe you didnt update you GMR client app? there several updates recently.

10. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

That worked, GMR client updated. Thanks.

11. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

Question - how badly do we expect BNW to break games in progress?

12. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

it's happened again. notification that I've skipped, when I didn't get the turn. in smote's game.

13. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

btw where do you see the size of the file. I see messages to check for 'bloated' size.

14. SomeoneLikeHim

SomeoneLikeHim Supersonic Scientist

I would guess not at all. I think the current games will just continue without BNW.

15. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Hi, are there new graphic BNW civ icons ready? if yes, when will they be updated? Cheers

16. CB Droege

CB Droege I

The new update borked something. I'm unable to play any of my turns. G&K games immediately end my turn and ask for a password for the next player. Vanilla games load up okay, but when I end my turn they just sit their as if waiting for other live players to finish their turns.

Is it just me?

17. basituldi

basituldi Chieftain

Nope, you're not alone.
    Either the game refuses to let me enter my turn and skips to next player login screen, or (after reverting file and rebooting PC) refuses to let me end that very turn, pressing "end turn" button having no effect (and therefore I cannot pass along the game any more).

18. species.zero

species.zero Chieftain

Hey guys, sorry about the problems. After some testing, we've determined that these new bugs are for all hotseat games, not just GMR ones. As far as I can tell, it seems that pre-patch save files like to skip players when you click continue post-patch. Plus, since it skipped some people, it wont let you end your turn because other players haven't.

We're trying to notify Firaxis of the problems. Hopefully we can get this straightened out quick. In the meantime, we've disabled the turn timer. Once this issue is fixed, we'll reset all turn start times and turn it back on.

19. RStark

RStark Prince

There was a post from Dennis Shirk (Firaxis guy):
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12568152&postcount=256

It states that we need to replace only a tiny file in the game folder in order to get rid of the bug which prevents us from making turns in GMR anf hotseat games.
    Some players have made their feedback that the hotfix worked for them and now they can make their turns.

20. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Thanks. That helps :)