War Hero

joeleplombier

Chieftain
Hello,
I'm new in this forum but not at Civ !
I write to you to know if you know what is the specificities of the UNIT War Hero please ?
I don't mean "General" who gives +2 exp. but War Hero, special unit.

Tx

Hello,
I'm new in this forum but not at Civ !
I write to you to know if you know what is the specificities of the UNIT War Hero please ?
I don't mean "General" who gives +2 exp. but War Hero, special unit.

Tx

War Hero? I'm sorry I don't know what you're referring to. Could you further describe it?

I'm thinking this also may be a translation issue. If you don't mind me asking, are you playing the game in a language other than English? If so, what is this unit in that language? Someone may be able to provide a better translation.

Wait a minute, I think I figured it out. Are you speaking of a Great General? When settled in a city as a Military Instructor a Great General gives +2 xp, but when attached to a unit as a Warlord it's +20 xp to that unit.

Could that be what you mean by War Hero? Warlord?

Wait a minute, I think I figured it out. Are you speaking of a Great General? When settled in a city as a Military Instructor a Great General gives +2 xp, but when attached to a unit as a Warlord it's +20 xp to that unit.

Could that be what you mean by War Hero? Warlord?

Just better mention to, it gives it to the tile from memory, so one unit becomes Warlord that can get special Promotions and +20 exp. watch out it is not a stack of 20 warriors then you get warlord +1 EXP 19 WARRIORS +1 EXP.

Also sorry if I got this wrong I have not done this for so long.

Hey, no, it's not Great General (i mention in my first message!).

It is a title given to one military unit after some fights...

I got one who has become such title.
What i dont understand is that it has become "War Hero" but it still has 20 xp, and altough it wins more fight it still has 20 xp... i dont understand what happens...

Nobody knows it ?

Are you playing a mod of any sort? It sounds like something that comes up in FFH or RoM or something. Are you playing one of the scenarios in BTS?

Or maybe, its a random event that I dont know of.

Only event that I know that could change the name of a unit is the Heroes of the Sword quest that basically just requires a swordsman that has seen combat. It gets renamed to "Heroes of the Sword" and gets +3 xp but that's it. Other than that, there's no "War Hero" except the ones you make yourself.

Yeah, The Heroes of the Sword Quest and the Leadership one are the only things that sound similar to what you're describing.

Only event that I know that could change the name of a unit is the Heroes of the Sword quest that basically just requires a swordsman that has seen combat. It gets renamed to "Heroes of the Sword" and gets +3 xp but that's it. Other than that, there's no "War Hero" except the ones you make yourself.

I dont know what you are talking about.
I'm playing french version, i have translated "Héros de guerre" by War Hero.
Good translation of your Heroes of the Sword would be "Héros de l'épée".

L'epee de Pew? (Sorry couldn't resist) :lol:

Glad to see you got your answer. :goodjob:

According to CIV4GameText_Events_BTS.xml, "Héros de guerre" is the French text used the same as the English version uses "Heroes of the Sword" for the event EVENT_AT_THE_SWORD_1 that goes with the EVENTTRIGGER_AT_THE_SWORD event trigger.

The text you saw when the random event happened should have included "Décorer nos glorieux héros !" At the same location, the English version says "Decorate our glorious heroes of the sword!"

Don't expect the translations to be literal for anything in the game. Firaxis employees are game developers, not linguists.

Top Bottom