Warhammer fantasy units/graphics preview/development thread

aaglo said:
Here's a preview of stormboyz.

perfect. But I wouldn't mind a slight difference in the clothes from the normal boyz. Like horns from the helmet or something. Just to set them apart more than just the rocket on the back.

It's great that they have black clothes. It gives a more disciplined SWAT-like apearance, just as they should since they are an elite force.

"different clothes from the normal boys"? But... how do you define normal boys ;) :p ?

In my eyes, all the orks look like american football players. Or do the american football players look like orks ;) :p ?

aaglo said:
"different clothes from the normal boys"? But... how do you define normal boys ;) :p ?

In my eyes, all the orks look like american football players. Or do the american football players look like orks ;) :p ?

Just other clothes than you did last time and other stuff dangling. As I said in the earlier post they where and are perfect. I had envisioned much larger horns though, but it looks cool as is. It's hard to go wrong with orcs. Here's a page full of pictures for inspiration.

http://www.tiberius.wellington.net.nz/Steeljaw.htm

You haven't done an orc yet with a steel lower jaw. Ork nobles, (Flash Gitz) have them sometimes. That's a tip for a new unit. They tend to have power armours and bionic inplants. Orc engineers also have bionic inplants. :scan:

Excellent, man. Your Orks are so good... TGA's orks look.. out of place with them... hmmm....

Oh Aaglo, before you release this one.. perhaps you could make the Sotrmierboy, too. Just change some details, give him bigger weapons and a buggur Rokkit pack. Then you could release the pair together.

aaglo said:
hmm... Stormierboyz?

holy crap that's awsome. Orkz look the best when their gear is diproportionally large.

Aaglo, excuse me, can you make this unit?

Attachments

• Swooping-Hawks_large.JPEG
    Swooping-Hawks_large.JPEG
    14.1 KB · Views: 209
Question about those storm/stormier boyz:
How's the run animation? Do they run around, or move with those rockets? i.e., are they flying units, or are those rockets suitable only for paradropping?

@la dav
No, not at the moment.

aaglo said:
Question about those storm/stormier boyz:
How's the run animation? Do they run around, or move with those rockets? i.e., are they flying units, or are those rockets suitable only for paradropping?

In WH40K they can run as well as ... well... jump. The rockets are a jumppacks that allow them to jump distances rather than fly. It's just a nifty method for getting behind enemy lines rather than being green rocketeers. Stormier boyz can jump further.

I'd like to see them only jump around rather than running. It'll look cool, but that's me. If they are suitable for paradropping nobody knows since WH40K doesn't have that kind of troop movements. But hey, why not?

I wouldn't mind seeing ecologically unfriendly belching smoke and sparks flying when they take off.

edit: is it even possible to have several different run animations?

No, two different run animations aren't possible.
Anyway, here is a preview of the run animation of the stormierboyz. The stormboy run is exactly the same as this - with the exception of only one, bigger exhaust flame.
I think this is orky enough :)

yeah, in the mod they are fast units land units so that run is fine. And Yes, drzoidberg, they are suitable for paradrop. Alot of things use that kind of tactics. Like anything with Jumpacks. Like thee dudes. JEESH.

aaglo said:
Anyway, here is a preview of the run animation of the stormierboyz. The stormboy run is exactly the same as this - with the exception of only one, bigger exhaust flame.
I think this is orky enough :)

hillarious. It's so good. It looks as if his jumppacks gonna blow up any second. Just like Ork gear is supposed to. Hey Goldflash, I don't know if it's possible to mess with but Ork units and buildnings should be a lot more expensive to maintain since they are too lazy to do the job properly in the first place.

edit: One idea I supose is having the govornements. Empire, Chaos, Ork and Eldar. That should just about cover it for fiddling with maintainance costs.

Feeling like doing some more WH units aaglo? A bit of variation will stop you getting bored ;)

(I'd still like to see some hard-hitting elf infantry, but it's not 100% necessary I guess)

Top Bottom