• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[WARLORDS] Amra's Modpack v2

Having a difficult time trying to get this mod to work after installing the new v2.08 patch for Warlords. Anyone else having this problem? :confused:

Col. Puddinhead said:
Having a difficult time trying to get this mod to work after installing the new v2.08 patch for Warlords. Anyone else having this problem? :confused:

Oh this shouldn't work with v2.08 (not personally tested but ViSa is built on this modpack)....Amra is busy in football season I guess so don't know when he will update this....

The merge is easy enough for a person with programming experience....

I can't imagine any mod or modcomp that modifies the SDK would work with v2.08 patch....so expect every mod needing an update.

I guess that means I'm not updating yet;} errr nm looks like you guys put a patch out already!

Wyz_sub10 said:
Football season has started. Don't expect to see Amra much until after the Super Bowl. ;)

Is he playing or just watching?:)

The Swede said:
Please, Amra or someone, make this mod compatible with Warlords 2.08

Well Amra's last post was Sept 17th....so don't expect too much.

ViSa started with Amra's Modpack and added from there if you are interested...and yes ViSa is fully Warlords v2.08 compatible.

TAfirehawk said:
Well Amra's last post was Sept 17th....so don't expect too much.

ViSa started with Amra's Modpack and added from there if you are interested...and yes ViSa is fully Warlords v2.08 compatible.

I have played the ViSa mod and I think it's good :goodjob: but I also think it's too much... :blush:

The Swede said:
I have played the ViSa mod and I think it's good :goodjob: but I also think it's too much... :blush:

This really isn't the place, but I wil respond...

#1 - we are adding a TON more to ViSa in v3.0
#2 - we hope to make an easy way for people to turn off many of the features to customize ViSa exactly how they want

TAfirehawk said:
This really isn't the place, but I wil respond...

#1 - we are adding a TON more to ViSa in v3.0
#2 - we hope to make an easy way for people to turn off many of the features to customize ViSa exactly how they want

Ok, sounds good!

I guess this doesn't work with the latest Warlords patch (2.08)?

Does anyone know if any of Amra's earlier MOD versions will work with the new patch (2.08)?

thank you
this is clearly the best mod ive EVER played.. in 5 years :)
thats something to reach

a small mod i changed myself was adding a .dll file allowing to have 3-radius cities

Hi everyone :D

Sorry I've been away for over 4 months but football season & my kids school both started up last September and I just had to step back from Civ for a while.

As it is, I'm not really sure that I am back yet. You could say that I am looking in the window right now trying to decide whether I want to walk back thru the door and update my modpack to version 2.08 or, for that matter, do any other mods for Warlords again.

So, please let me know if there is any interest in updating this modpack. If there is, bear in mind that I may not be able to update it as quickly as I have in the past and the first update would most likely be just to get it working with version 2.08, it wouldn't add anything new.

Again, sorry I was gone for so long. I will check back soon to see if there is any interest in an update.

Amra

[EDIT] Just noticed the VISA Mega-Modpack. Has anyone tried it? Is there even a reason to update my modpack to 2.08 anymore, in lieu of their modpack?

I would certainly want to play AMRA on 2.08!

Hi everyone :D

Sorry I've been away for over 4 months but football season & my kids school both started up last September and I just had to step back from Civ for a while.

As it is, I'm not really sure that I am back yet. You could say that I am looking in the window right now trying to decide whether I want to walk back thru the door and update my modpack to version 2.08 or, for that matter, do any other mods for Warlords again.

So, please let me know if there is any interest in updating this modpack. If there is, bear in mind that I may not be able to update it as quickly as I have in the past and the first update would most likely be just to get it working with version 2.08, it wouldn't add anything new.

Again, sorry I was gone for so long. I will check back soon to see if there is any interest in an update.

Amra

Welcome back!

No hard feelings here.

It's kind of nice that you have a life beside Civ. :goodjob:

I also play football (http://www.borasrhinos.com), but here in cold Sweden the season starts in May.

I would love to see your modpack for Warlords 2.08.

Amra, it is great to have you back. I have been sitting on a bug report for you for weeks now. The MI24 & Chinook helicopters have unlimited movement points. You can circumnavigate the earth in a single turn. I would love to see this mod updated to Warlords 2.08. Thanks. :D

Amra,

While ViSa has grown into a 'monster' as the ViSa Team calls it....I am sure there are plenty of people looking forward to an update of your modpack.

And we might even have some pieces you want to use, like GP popup art for Great Doctors and Great Statesman, so if you decide to keep modding please keep in touch with the ViSa Team :)

Amra

(My first post here)....Absolutely :goodjob: .

Thanks for the nudges everyone.

I think I will take a look at my modpack this weekend to try & refresh my memory as to where I left off with it 5 months ago. I haven't touched Civ4 :eek: since early September so I still have to install the 2.08 patch from Firaxis and see what xml & python files they changed from version 2.00

Anyway, I wouldn't mind playing some Civ4 again (with my modpack, not vanilla Civ4) so I will put some effort into updating it and will post something here when I can.

I can't make any guarantees regarding how long it will take me to update it, though, since most of my time these days is spent with my family (lots of homework, school activities, etc) so I will be limited to what time I can find on the weekends.

@The Swede
Thanks for the kind words and on a side note, I am of Swedish descent. My Greatgrandfather immigrated from Sweden. Unfortunately, I don't know any details such as what city he may have lived in when he was in Sweden.

@Grabnar
Thanks for the info on the Chinook. I'll take a look at it when I am updating my modpack.

@TAfirehawk
Thanks for the good words & kind offer. I'll let you know if I need anything and I will definitely let you know If I decide to do any other Civ4 modding besides updating my modpack to v2.08

@wokisan
Thanks & welcome to the forums. I think you will find most of the members here are pretty nice & and have a lot of talent they are willing to share.

@simkodavid
Is the Memory Allocation Error something that occurs when using my modpack on Warlords v2.08? Or is that something to do with the VISA modpack? I thought I saw something on their forum thread about an error, but can't remember for sure.

Top Bottom