• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[WARLORDS] Amra's Modpack v2

I'm sorry, I quoted your post but was referring to the raising city radius from 2 to 3 in this (Amra's) Mod. My bad for the confusion...

I just didn't know what that meant in the context of Amra's mod since you can't work the tiles. Either that, or I am now confused about what I am confused about!

Of course you can't work the tiles in Amra's mod.....he hasn't added the option :p

Of course you can't work the tiles in Amra's mod.....he hasn't added the option :p

Aaahhhhh, see...I told you to dumb it down a bit! :) So when Amra (and I probably should have just asked him from the beginning), lists as features of his mod "increased city radius from 2 to 3", it doesn't really have any effect now, but only if he includes the option you speak of...the one in the ViSa mod?? My rookie question was in Amra's mod what does increased city radius from 2 to 3 mean/do??

Can you use hand puppets or flash cards please...

Aaahhhhh, see...I told you to dumb it down a bit! :) So when Amra (and I probably should have just asked him from the beginning), lists as features of his mod "increased city radius from 2 to 3", it doesn't really have any effect now, but only if he includes the option you speak of...the one in the ViSa mod?? My rookie question was in Amra's mod what does increased city radius from 2 to 3 mean/do??

Can you use hand puppets or flash cards please...

You are misreading the features....it is city range, not city radius. This means the minimum distance between cities has been increased.

You are misreading the features....it is city range, not city radius. This means the minimum distance between cities has been increased.

Ah, ok. Thought it was a bigger deal than that when I first read it.

Thanks for talking me through....

You guys actually had me going back to check what I wrote. :crazyeye:

TAfirehawk is correct, I only changed the distance between cities by 1. I thought this made the AI build bigger cities (less overlapping & more room to grow) instead of a lot of smaller cities. It's an easy thing to change if anyone wants to know how.

[EDIT] I changed the wording in the 1st post to clear up any more confusion:D

ViSa included that back in v2.1 and made it selectable from 2 to 3 city radius, unlike the original mod. Trust me, it is a MAJOR undertaking to make it selectable...HUGE...MONSTER amount of work.

Anybody is welcome to the ViSa v2.1 source code and once v3.0 is out that SDK will be available too....and we might be able to persuade mrgenie to either make it a modcomp or help Amra with it.

I'll consider adding the Visa expanded radius option to CCCP in the future. As I've said I would really like to make work radius a flexible run-time feature that could be increased through Buildings, Techs and other things through the course of the game. Their would probably be a new global define that sets the max cap of radius. This is of course even more complex the the binary 2 or 3 option in Visa.

I thought this made the AI build bigger cities (less overlapping & more room to grow) instead of a lot of smaller cities.

Ahhhh, that's what I was looking for...thanks for clearing that up.

[EDIT] I changed the wording in the 1st post to clear up any more confusion:D

Sorry you had to do that...I confuse easily, thus the "explain it to me like I'm 10 years old" comment.

Love the Pirate Civ, btw...oh yeah and werewolves destroy my scout and warriors early on! I've learned to run the other way if possible.... :run:

Impaler[WrG];5214379 said:
I'll consider adding the Visa expanded radius option to CCCP in the future. As I've said I would really like to make work radius a flexible run-time feature that could be increased through Buildings, Techs and other things through the course of the game. Their would probably be a new global define that sets the max cap of radius. This is of course even more complex the the binary 2 or 3 option in Visa.

Well the ViSa code is setup with variables so 2-3-4...10 would be possible pretty much with the existing v2.1 ViSa code. It might be better to go get that now instead of v3.0 because the upcoming version includes TONS of SDK, mainly from the BetterAI mod.

And easy enough for Amra or any other modder to pick it up as we have always released our SDK.

Just played my first game with your mod. (Miss Hitler, need patch!) The biggest problem I ran into was the messages I got every turn for most of the game: "Babylon will be unhappy next turn" or something to that effect. It was because it was about to grow, but I had Avoid Growth on so it wouldn't actually do so, and the message is annoying. Is that fixable?

Just played my first game with your mod. (Miss Hitler, need patch!) The biggest problem I ran into was the messages I got every turn for most of the game: "Babylon will be unhappy next turn" or something to that effect. It was because it was about to grow, but I had Avoid Growth on so it wouldn't actually do so, and the message is annoying. Is that fixable?
Most likely, it was "Unhealthy". That is part of the Civ4lerts mod. You should be able to change that thru the "jrayCiv4lerts.ini" file located in the modpack's main directory.

Basically, open the jrayCiv4lerts.ini file with Notepad and change the options for the alerts you do not want from "True" to "False". Each option is labeled and is pretty self explanatory. I think that there are two variables dealing with unhealthy, so you might try changing each to "False". Obviously, backup the .ini file first if you're worried you might screw something up.

Note that there are a lot of other configuration files located in the modpack's main directory that can be tweaked to anyone's preferences.

Sorry about that. Do you have a savegame you could post for me to look at? What civ were you playing as? Did you try reloading your last savegame and was everything okay after that?

No save game, but I discovered something else. The requirement I met was the normal one, Beaurocracy I think. Apparently there is a second requirement. When I met it, I got macemen and had no further issues.

I was playing as America. I reloaded (lost some turns) but did not try to re-create the error.

Most likely, it was "Unhealthy". That is part of the Civ4lerts mod. You should be able to change that thru the "jrayCiv4lerts.ini" file located in the modpack's main directory.

Basically, open the jrayCiv4lerts.ini file with Notepad and change the options for the alerts you do not want from "True" to "False". Each option is labeled and is pretty self explanatory. I think that there are two variables dealing with unhealthy, so you might try changing each to "False". Obviously, backup the .ini file first if you're worried you might screw something up.

Note that there are a lot of other configuration files located in the modpack's main directory that can be tweaked to anyone's preferences.

It could be either unhappy or unhealthy. The notification idea is great, but it doesn't seem to sense the avoid growth button is on. Otherwise it might be a great idea. I'll try changing the settings then. Thanks.

about to try it, looks great. Only questionable addition is the pirate and aesir civs, seems strange to have farming pirates building cities, and mythological gods. :lol:

I've played five or six starts through year zero and have seen only one minor problem -- all Great People are introduced as Blaise Pascal. When they appear on the map, their names are correct.

Thanks, Amra, for another superlative mod. It's a lot of fun.

To Amra:I downloadeyour mod, installed and can play it, but I cant see any button to move during the game.May be I got the wrong version.or is it anything wrong with my game installation? Please, Answer me as you can, no problem, thanks, rebakan.

To Amra: Sorry, forgot to say Thanks , your job was great.i loved the new civs, thanks very much!!!!
rebakan

I've been playing this mod since it came out:))) I couldn't get away from it to say thank you until now:)
Thank you:)

I too will try to edit out the 'uhappy' message. It is spammy because when you click on "avoid city growth" and the city stops growing, it still assumes that the city is going to grow and it warns you. As a result, if you hold the growth of a city for 10 turns, you get 10 turns of spam "Aquilonia will become unhappy". And when this is in the middle of combat it is very annoying because you can't really see what's inside the enemy city because the spam is in the left part of the screen - or you can but it's a pain:p
Talking about Jray's mod - any way to see the techs that the AIs have but can't trade? Like, you get Replaceable Parts and then they can't trade Rifling in the same turn. I think it shows these techs in the "can research" thing.
And, um, it should be possible - how to edit the size of the icons, so they appear a bit larger?

Btw it's awesome that you included Conan:) I grew up with Robert Howard's stories:)

Awesome mod, Lion!:)

Any chance that you would include Thrace in a future patch? Like, there is a cool Thrace mod by Aranor - Teres (everyone seems to pick him:p) is a changed Cyrus (animated), charismatic and aggressive (It's not so imbalanced;). The Thracian UU is good, the UB (forge) is balanced. I never asked Aranor about this but I don't think he would mind:)

I liked the "no city within 3 tiles" idea at first because the AI builds better cities this way but sometimes a lot of tiles remain unworked. Anyway, it's not a bad thing! I capture more enemy cities instead of rebuilding them now:)

The similar colors are sometimes a pain in the ass, for example when you get two whites. Isn't it possible to make it so that every civ has two colours to avoid confusion? Like Bulgaria is now white. If Lars Porsena (also white) is the nearest neighbour, he gets his alternate color (for example red). I know it could be very hard to program this, just asking :)

Cool new units and everything!:) Tech trading at Guilds rocks:)

Hey everyone, Just a quick post (I'm at work) to confirm that there is a problem with two of the new city art sets where the towns, villages, etc will be invisible when you change to certain eras. I'm preparing a patch and will test it and post it late tonight if it checks out okay.

I'm glad most people seem to be enjoying this and I will take some time tonight to answer any questions. Sorry to post & run.

Oh, and sorry about the city art snafu. :blush:

Is it possible to turn on Dale's Combat Mod! in Amras modpack?

The only component of Dales combat mod currently in CCCP is the Missile boolean flag, I'm eventually going to add ranged bombardment but its low on the priority list.

I've played five or six starts through year zero and have seen only one minor problem -- all Great People are introduced as Blaise Pascal. When they appear on the map, their names are correct.

This is probably related to some code in the DLL, I'll look into it. I assume Blaise Pascal is the first person listed in the xml so its probably an index variable remaining at zero rather then being properly incremented or assigned.

Top Bottom