[Warlords][Mod] Kets Composite Mod

year 175 bc. founded hinduism, 3 cities. finshed the oracle and the great lighthouse. i am playing as alexander. only found victoria so far. fractual map. liking the mod so far. :)

Thanks Guys, here's a teaser for .4 of whats gone in SO FAR the teaser in message 2 is still valid but I've started to incorporate some game changes if anyone has any opinions on them feel free to speak up. Most of the current round of tweaks come from Dearmad's Mod

Version .4
Fix- Roamty Flag Fix (Thank You Sir!)
Add- 19 Civ Euro Map
Tweak- Whale +1G
Tweak- Castle With Construction
Tweak- Dry Docks With Engineering
Tweak- Laboratories with Electricity
Tweak- Radio Towers with Radio
Tweak- Market -1 Health
Tweak- Spy & Scotland Yard available with Nationalism
Tweak- GREAT LIBRARY with ALPHABET
Tweak- UN @ Fission (Does this cause diplo or back door diplo to come to early?)
Tweak- Reworked TECH REQUIREMENTS for FLIGHT, ARTILLERY, ROCKETRY, and COMBUSTION to make those a little harder to run for without supporting techs. FLIGHT was too easily skipped
Tweak- First civ to tech Computers gets the free engineer now, rather than that happening at fusion.
Tweak- First To Fission Gets an ICBM (Good God!) (Note Right Now ICBM's Will DESTROY Cities due to MAD
Being In Place I'm have plans to create a smaller Nuke that does not follow the MAD settings and
they will get that nuke) I may remove it and try to add this to manhattan project.

Ket, Im enjoying your mod. At the year 1575, everything is running smooth. Any thoughts of adding a assaisn {sp}. Im not sure about GREAT LIBRARY at alphabet. Im not sure that those who discovered or invented the alphabet had any idea what a library was. Let alone a GREAT one. So I would say IMHO that would be to soon. Just my 2 cents worth. Thanks for your efforts

The great library change is from DearMads idea that he used in the New Balance Mod.

His thoughts was that it contained not Books but Research...

Lets look at what wikipedia has to say and see if we keep this change...

The Royal Library of Alexandria in Alexandria, Egypt was once the largest library in the world. It is generally thought to have been founded at the beginning of the 3rd century BC, during the reign of Ptolemy II of Egypt, after his father had built what would become the first part of the library complex, the temple of the Muses—the Musaion (whence we get museum).

According to our earliest source for the library, the pseudepigraphic Letter of Aristeas, the library was initially organized by Demetrius of Phaleron.[2] Demetrius was a student of Aristotle.

Initially, the library was closely linked to a "museum," or research center, that seems to have focused primarily on editing texts. Libraries were important for textual research in the ancient world, since the same text often existed in several different versions of varying quality and veracity. The editors at the library of Alexandria are especially well known for their work on Homeric texts. The more famous editors generally also held the title of head librarian, and included[3]:

* Zenodotus of Ephesus (late 3rd Century BC)
* Aristophanes of Byzantium (early 2nd Century BC)
* Aristarchus of Samothrace (early-mid 2nd Century BC) Often considered the most prominent Homeric scholar of antiquity.
* Didymus (First century BC) Grammarian.

The geographical diversity of the scholars suggests that the library was, in fact, a major center for research and learning. In 2004 a Polish-Egyptian team claimed to have discovered a part of the library while excavating in the Bruchion region. The archaeologists claimed to have found thirteen "lecture halls", each with a central podium. Zahi Hawass, the president of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, said that all together, the rooms uncovered so far could have seated 5000 students. [4] The picture thus presented is of a fairly massive research institution.

Alphabet may be to early, and Lit is on the Alphabet path
I can see both sides of this argument.

A good compromise might be to go Alphabet and increase the cost of the wonder as to make it take longer to build for the fact that it comes earlier...
I'm interested to see where this debate goes.

Yes to assassians..... They are on plan but not mapped into the release schedule yet.

Oh yea I added to the .4 Post, still debating about that ICBM thing.

Ket just a little report. playing on prince level. playing as alexander. currently in second place to ceaser augustus. the balance of the mod feels right. im not sure how to explain that, but will try. Some mods have way too much barbarians, which takes away from what your trying to build. dont get me wrong there was a time when i had only 3 cities and the barbs kept coming. as far as wonders go i was able to get the oracle and the great lighthouse. i always play huge maps and so far have had no issues as far as crashes or interuptions nice mod so far. thanks for your effort. its been a tough game, very strategic game for the prince level.

@Rockinroger

Awesome! Keep the reports coming especially after the major game play changes go in with version .4

Im glad the balance feels right, one of the things that I am trying to keep in mind is game play balance. Considering I'm pulling content from about 20 different modpacks and mods this gets difficult.

Have you checked out the map's we have included since you like the larger games we have some 24 and 23 civ earth maps included with .4
Rhye and Pantastic's Maps

.3 had 4 of them and .4 will have double that and even some smaller maps
(Strategyonly is working on a 10 civ small Europe map right now)

I'm just about to start to do some major work to the tech tree
.4 is delayed as M.A.D. Nukes has a fatal crash in it, and I'm waiting to hear back from TheLopez to see if its his end or my end. And with the tech tree changes comes some new units!

On a side note version .3 just broke 100 downloads!

Current Future Release Plan Major Changes
.5 Eusebius World Religions (this is a nightmare of a merge and had to get pushed back a level, also since it touches into the civics I have to be careful not to break the balance the civics have)
.6 Civ Gold Warlords

I'm also planning some wonders but I'm waiting on conversions. We have about 15 wonders slated to go in.

New Promotions somewhere.

Everytime I look over that my Guinea Pig I want to create a Killer Guinea Pig unit kinda like death in The Omens scenerio.

Ket are you interested in including my New Wonder Pack when its made Warlords compatable. I see your using your own DLL so you would need to merge my code in to use them (except the Sphinx which used latent Firaxis code). I'm planning on merging in most of the SDK mods your using (a few I already have). I always code flexible XML tags and avoid invoking Python though I do expose new functions to Python hooks. I think we could get some usefull colaboration going here as I focus on the SDK layer and you on design and balance.

P.S. Have you used Mod Switcher its realy a great program for merging together modularized and frequently updated mods, I bet it can save you a lot of time. Get it here >>> http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=140188

Impaler[WrG] said:
Ket are you interested in including my New Wonder Pack when its made Warlords compatable. I see your using your own DLL so you would need to merge my code in to use them (except the Sphinx which used latent Firaxis code). I'm planning on merging in most of the SDK mods your using (a few I already have). I always code flexible XML tags and avoid invoking Python though I do expose new functions to Python hooks. I think we could get some usefull colaboration going here as I focus on the SDK layer and you on design and balance.

P.S. Have you used Mod Switcher its realy a great program for merging together modularized and frequently updated mods, I bet it can save you a lot of time. Get it here >>> http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=140188

YES! 10 of those 15 are from your pack, so I am very very interested in the wonder pack, and its one of the main reasons I've been following your development.

I'll check out mod switcher, I've been doing it via Beyond Compare 2/Ultra Edit 32 and XML Spy

I will take a look at mod switcher though.

:( Hello Ket, while Wiki does give a good general overview of the Library historical research tells us that Alexander spoke an edit that any and all ships to port in Alexandria had to give over all maps and scrolls to the Library so that the scribes could make a copy and then return them to their Captains. The scrolls were then translated if neccessary into greek from their originating languages, Arabic, Hebrew, Mandarin etc. It is called The Great Library but in reality was more the world's first "university, think tank", a repository of the known world's knowledge available to all who were friendly to Alexander's regime, this also gave Alexander a huge technological, geographical and spirtual advantage having at his desposal all fact and/or fiction of the known worlds civilisations without having to travel to each location, because of the size and importance of Alexandria as a port and trade hub knowledge came to them, sort of early globilisation. Because of his forethought every civilisation to follow copied his example, it was only in the 1600's that kingdoms forbade the trading of maps as the exploration for new worlds was a competitive sport to open new trade routes and "aquire" slaves.
So certainly a require tech must be alphabet then writing and a knowledge of geography and I would suggest due to the presence of cultural spritual scrolls, ie Bibles, philosophies and the known presence of dramatic text, ie Homers' Illiad, the stories of Gilgamesh, then other possibly techs would be Mysticism and Drama.
Just my two cents, 1.3 cents American. On a side issue, I have not been able to run "Wzy_subs" (please forgive me if I wrote that incorrectly) Canada deluxe mode, something to do with the new wonders and a lack of virtual memory which is impossible because my system is jacked. As to the sounds, while Bob and Doug were fun in the 80's as a Canadian I would rather non comical sounds/voices.
Thanks again for thinking of Canada, keep up your good work and thanks for taking the time to read this lengthy but hopefully helpful post on an obscure bit of history.
Cheers!
Andrew.
Nutcase, know it all, history, trivia freak!!:salute: :hammer2:

Great Post KhandaharKopper

That convinced me to push it back to writing, although at the moment the tech tree has been totally re-vamped so thats actualy not to bad. I'm using a similar method to Mongoose where the tech's line up to time periods. And Alphabet falls in the 1000-500bc range so that works for what I was looking to do, a few of those changes that I posted will be removed. For example Radio hits in 1900-1925, Fission 1925-1950 Mass Media 1950-1970 So U.N. Would go back to mass media so that teaser is being revamped as the new tech system gets put in.

Thank you for the praise Ket. I have no knowledge of modding but if I can be of use for research in the historicals of techs, wonders, civs etc. please feel free to email me or pm if you have any questions, doubts or just need an objective confirmation on web references it happens to be one of my specialties from my D&D days.
Cheers!
Andrew.:goodjob: :cool:

Personaly I think the Great Library should be returned to its original "Gain any Tech know by X known Civs" which the Internet is currently doing (Net ofcorse being given a new effect probably a massive global Commerce bost), both these changes would incresse historical accuracy and I think improve gameplay as the Net would be more usefull in a variety of victory attempts and the library would help underdogs in the early game. Ofcorse the Library would need to Obsolete a bit sooner then it currently dose say around DivineRight (again more in line with its actual destruction).

After re-working the tech tree and starting to work on the buildings

For .4 Going to hold The Great Library @ Alphabet
I want to see how this plays out.

My Reasoning:
My Tech Tree Has Alphabet in the First Half Of The Classical Age
1000-500BCE while Lit is at 500-0 BCE
Libraries come with Alphabet

I can see both sides of the argument, lets see how this works in .4
And we can re-balance later.

I also agree with the massive commerce boost and possibly the tech thing (It was a MUST get wonder in civ3) but I will hold of on a change till we see the changes that .4 do

Going to change the effect of Eeifel tower in line with impalers idea of a 20,000 point culture infusion. This is due to the tech coming Mid Industrial Period
1900-1925 while broadcast towers come Early Modern.

Free Broadcast Towers will be back with CN Tower when either Impalers Wonder Pack is ready for warlords or Civ Gold Warlords goes in, or Canada Goes In.
(.6ish)

EDIT- I dont see a way to generate one shot culture without a new tag (I am sure impaler is working on it) so for now Eeifel will have +100% Culture in that city

Bug found,
i tried four different maps and all played under normal Warlords, but when i tried them with your MOD they all crashed, then i noticed that all the sizes were different on the maps but your MOD ALWAYS reads them as "SMALL."???

Top Bottom