1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Warlords][Mod] Kets Composite Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Ket, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Ket

Ket Composite Of A Composite

Kel, Yes I agree modern area needs a bit more diversity.

Re: Dale: I'm waiting for him to update the missile / Bombardment code with the new changes and warlords compatability

Re: Civics Lets playtest the 10 for now then we can work on the 2 new catagories, also Aussie_Lurker is doing some amazing stuff in phase 3 with ideological civivs

I'd love to get religious victory over on the mod if you want to tell me what files to run, I'll see if it works under warlords

Re: Canada Deluxe The mod looks great but those sounds are killing me, maybe once I get past this initial merge mania and start to slow down I'll add the canada mod in if Civ Gold has not hit yet.

The Unit Pack was just a thought, its actualy easier to add UU's than normal units it seems. LOL....

Right now I'm about to test version .3 MAD is broken at the moment so I'm pushing that off to .4 sigh... It looks great!!!!

2. Ket

Version .3 Just Posted See First Post

3. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

hey ket good job :)

so here is the files for religious vic,

i saw the eusebius warlords is out..... well i bet you started v4 already- its addicting!

ill dl and see whats it all bout.

one more thingy,
    i saw you plan on civalerts addition....
    last i heard - it doesnt work on mp games....and i kinda prefer mods that work in ones...

anyway, mad nukes is an awesome mod - hope you merge it.

i will now see your mod and how i merge it with mine.

be in touch.

***edit***

ok - ive looked in the religion mod...well its really impressive.

so, ill wait rot your v4 - then do the merge - i cant wait.

4. Ket

Its Very Addicting! Wondering when I'm going to find the time to play out a few full games of my own mod. Plus the other mods I enjoy!...

And on top of it, I still do beta testing for Piece By Piece Mod. (Some Good Idea's there as well).....

Civ4... The Addiction!

I'll look into the Multiplayer Issues with Civ4Alerts before putting it in, and if its causing problems I'll drop it from the path

5. keldath

wow great to hear that - civalerts :)

say - what exactly is flavor units.. i know.. but i dont understand the term....

here is some more suggestions,
    adding promotions,
    i recommend you use the system that gir, created for sevo - i included it in my mod - its very immpressive, plus the partisan unit.

ive added the religious vic mod

Attached Files:

6. Ket

Flavor Units are just normal units that have been re-skinned. So that certain civs build a different looking unit. The settlers in my mod are a good example there are about 6 of them based on what Civ builds them.

For Example Rabbit, Whites Ethnically Diverse Units are just flavor units.

It gives a good look to the game to see different looking units running around even though they are the same unit.

Yes Promotions are on the list of things to do, and I very much want them in.
    Originally I was going to try to take Zuul's stuff and throw it in and I asked Zuul about warlords issues and he said that TheLopez was taking over the project and would be coming out with a promotion system, So I thought that maybe I should hold off until I see if something happens with that. I do like Gir's system as I played a good deal of Sevo with Your Enhancement Packs. The question is will it function under warlords. After I get The Religion And Civics Plays well together, merge M.A.D. in I'll start to work on promotions.

You could always do an add on pack with it :) Heck I would even merge something like that into the main mod.

7. Sisonpyh

Sisonpyh Chieftain

You should really fix your shift key. :lol:

8. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

KET, I got the 24 map to work, look in your email, but only 19 civ are there i deleted the Americans, Inca, Aztec and Koreans. Some of the starting point might want to be changed?

9. keldath

hey ket!

well i decided to try again to compile the dll,

so from my understanding -
    i need to modify the sdk files to my desire (adding the mod) the take them and using the codeblock -to compile with the modified files new dll file that uses my modified sdk?

10. Ket

@Kel

In a nut shell that is correct

You also need to install the Microsoft Compiler and The Microsoft SDK instructions are on Kael's post, once you do that PM me with your email address and I will

@Strategy
    Got the modified TAM map any luck with the Euro map I sent over?
    I'm shooting to get .4 out Saturday or Sunday its a major major update with 2 huge mods going in. I would love to get the 20Civ Euro Map in that version if possible. I think Im going to have to give you the title of official map master of the mod :)

@Everyone Else
    How is it playing, I'm seeing a LOT of downloads... Love to get some feedback.

11. Roamty

Roamty BTS

Can you add the small icons pictures for the different Sevopedia entries. so when you look at agriculture you will see it's icon picture etc.etc. for all the different entries.

12. Ket

@Roamty

Thank you, got your fix file will go in for release on .4
    :)

13. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I agree with the American Flag, i hate that Star flag, just doesnt make sense for anyone to use it.:p

14. Ket

Ok guys lets talk about
    Magellan's Voyage its one of the 2 new wonders going in @ .4 (assuming I can give it some effect) what I'm confused about is assigning a good effect for it.

In older Civ's it gave +1 movement but this has been replaced by circumvention of the globe.

Here is some Wiki Info on Magellan's Voyage

Magellan's expedition was the first to circumnavigate the globe and the first to navigate the strait in South America connecting the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. Magellan's crew observed several animals that were entirely new to European science. These included the "camel without humps", which could have been the llama, guanaco, vicuña, or alpaca. A black "goose" which had to be skinned instead of plucked was the penguin.

Two of the closest galaxies, the Magellanic Clouds, were discovered by crew members in the Southern Hemisphere. The full extent of the Earth was also realized, since their voyage was 14,460 leagues (69,800 km or 43,400 mi).

Finally, the need for an International date line was established. Upon their return they observed a mismatch of one day between their calendars and those who did not travel, even though they faithfully maintained their ship's log. However, they did not have clocks accurate enough to observe the variation in the length of the day during the journey.[7] This phenomenon caused great excitement at the time, to the extent that a special delegation was sent to the Pope to explain this oddity to him.

So what do you think would be a good bonus to building the wonder.

15. KhandaharKopper

KhandaharKopper Chieftain

Thank you for thinking about the CANADA inclusion, you asked for feedback I have to say excellent ! The system is smooth, no slow down, graphics are crisp. I played Total Realism last night for Civ4 plain and it is tied for best mod with yours.
    As to Magellan, I have just finished a book by Daniel Boorstein and Magellans expedition was an expedition of discovery so how about an automatic +1 visibility promotion for all vessels built by the "player" to complete the Magellan wonder. If they also circumnavigate the globe first that gives them a nice and balanced advanced, +1 movement, +1 visibility. Also with the return of the expedition new markets were opened to trade so maybe +1 happiness for your cities due to the new and wonderous goods available or +1 health, you know the red cross icon in the cities, due a more varied diet. Just a couple of ideas to ponder.
    Cheers!
    Andrew.:thumbsup: :clap:

16. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

Hi Ket,

What issues do you have with the sounds? I was thinking of tweaking it a bit so if you have any suggestions, let me know.

The goal is to have CIV Gold 2 released for the end of the month - probably first week of September. Amra's mod and CIV Gold cross over several civs (Gold - Warlords will include his Byzantine and Scythia, among the ones already included).

We've tried to collaborate as much as possible.

17. Ket

@KhandaharKopper
    All good idea's, the +1 visibility for all naval units built by the civ is a great idea, I'll have to get with Impaler regarding the SDK method to do that, as he did that for 1.61 in the Community Improvement Project and the Wonder Pack, but that code has not yet been ported to warlords, he may actually have that code ready to go or it may not need much change so I'll check into that. That Enhanced Chance for Great Merchant (Due to the Trade Route) and say +1 Trade Route to the city that builds it +1 Health Civ Wide might be good as well if we go that route.

Thank you very much for the compliments, its good to know that the mod is running smoothly. I'm trying to go for a "Fun But Realistic" approach and also add in things to enhance game play (the clock, the advisor screens)...
    I've been leary of large game play changes but I think I've made some good choices on what to include and what area's to go for. I'll start doing the new units at around version .6

@Wyz_sub10
    Thanks for getting back to me, Yes I figured Arma's release factored heavy into the Civ Gold Release and its good to hear that its so close. My only problem with the sounds are the Tounge and Cheek ones its really a minor complaint as the mod gives so much (CN Towers, Microwave UB, The UU) It is a wonderful Mod in its own rights and the Canadians prob will love the sounds so I don't know why im *****ing :)

I'd LOVE to see Out of Africa and the American Tribes stuff included in Civ Gold so I can use them. I've allways wanted to do a Huge African Map Scenario

Either Way Canada will go in... :)

18. rockinroger

rockinroger WoC Team Member

is the download link working? i either cant figure it out, or drank too many beers already. Confused

19. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

Yeah, I've heard a few people mentioning that. I'll see what I can do about that for CIV Gold ver. of Canada.

We talked about this in the PM, of course, but for the public record - all Out of Africa civs are in Gold now, and all but the Zulu will be brought forth in Warlords (we may preserve Cetshwayo as a second Zulu LH). There will likely be at least one more African civ - maybe 2 - in that version, plus Togo (which was added in Gold 2.0).

For the First Peoples, both the Sioux and Iroquois will be there, and perhaps a couple more. Time, as usual, is the critical factor.

20. Ket

@rockinroger Sure but file factory is hard to navigate drunk
    Click link
    Go to Download for free with FileFactory Basic
    Then look for Click Here to begin your download

@Wyz_sub10
    Yea I saw that when I checked my PM's wrote the response before hand. I am looking forward to it.