[Warlords][Mod] Kets Composite Mod

Ok sorry was in the middle of a project so I just fired off a quick answer.
Since im not at home I cant read my change log so I'll try to answer as best as I can.

Other SDK Changes from the list
M.A.D. Nuked Mod (The Lopez) Current Warlords Version
Teg's Unit Statatistics
Ocedius Needs/Wants The Lopez's Scriptable Leader Traits
Sevo's Nuke Anywhere I dont think M.A.D. Depreciated the Code
Impaler's New Wonders HINT HINT HINT! :)
Im Sure Kalel would love the spell framework
Lunar I was using his TransportUpgradeFix, MPCameraFix, FirstStrikeFix, InterceptDomainBlockingFix, FloodplainsFix, DamageDampeningRemovalMod, Mongoose AirLethaltyMod , AirCombatMod, SeigeMod, UpgradeCostTraidMod, ExperienceCappingMod, UnitNameMod, TextColorMod, CityHappyStingMod, FlyingModExtension
Plot List Enhancement is popular but i dont know if it has any SDK hooks

About half of those are in my current code base, I still have to merge the rest... I just came accross some rather interesting things in the XML files seems I can make pluggable XML files as long as the data is not duplicated when it reads the XML out from memory it seems to put it in the correct place reguardless of the file name

I compiled the current .DLL and am the only one doing code work on both mods at the moment.

Current Status Report:

Release Version .4 Is BLOCKED due to a CTD in the TheLopez's M.A.D. Code.
I am about 60% done with the functionality in .4 (Units & Gameplay Tweaks)
But I do not feel confident about releasing until that is fixed. So I'm holding tight. I'm still not 100% sure if I will get to promotions in .4 but honestly .4 is such a major major release with the re-vamped tech tree and 200 units (some flavor some new) that there is enough to keep you busy once it hits.

I do have to do a promotion add on pack to my modular framework stuff so its possible that .4 will have the new promotions.

I could KILL for someone to do a custom .dds opening screen for me.

In other news....
Ket's Unaltered Gameplay Mod (The framework) has gotten a lot of work lately and I just moved to version .6 of that. I will not release that one till version
1.0 and the first add on is done. (which will be promotions with the second being Civ Gold Warlords)....

Once TheLopez fix's MAD I will finish .4 and release it, since he just had a baby he's been a little busy...

Unaltered Should hit 1.0 status very soon. (possibly tonight/tomorrow but don't hold me to it, I've been spending MASSIVE amounts of time on modding)

But back to this mod... Its not going anywhere and I'm still looking for bugs and feedback. When .4 hits I need to know how the changes flow as its fairly extensive. :goodjob:

Status Report:

Status to .4
------------
.4 Release is on hold. I have tossed the existing code base and forked the code base that I used in Unaltered But Flavorful. This allows a few things. Most of which mean I have a clean code base to work with and since this was my first mod has caused some problems that where fixed when I did "Unaltered".

I can get to the same functionality quicker with this new code base. Also I am embracing the Community Core Project Which is an amazing project with many ways to configure SDK based mods and moving as much code to faster C++ than clunky python. So the SDK changes that I am making need to be a bit lighter so that when I start to get CCP code, I can drop it in.

I am just about done with all my initial SDK changes. Until I find out what I can start to use from the CCP I just don't want to add to much. Once that is done I am going to be adding in the changes that where in 3.5 and my changes for 4.0. I will be tackling it like this

Gameplay Tweaks - (Resource Reveals On Tech, The movement of some of the bonus building, moving tech trading to guilds ect ect)

Civics - All the civic changes will go in

Tech Tree - The highly modified and larger tech tree

Wonders/Building Changes

Promotions - The promotion system I used as an add on for "Unaltered"

Units - The additional units (new)

Since I forged from the release of "Unaltered" all the changes that are in "Unaltered" (Formations, yes that cool graphic above this post), Flavor units Ect. are currently in.

Continue to play version .35 till I am ready for release I will realease when the above goals are complete and this will be a .5 release

Civ Gold Warlords will be .6

The tech tree is a beast...

16 new tech's are added, some of them where revealed when I was doing the spoilers... Like Space Exploration... Flight gets broken out into 3 tech's

Early, Jet, Stealth

Espionage is its own Tech not lumped into nationalism

Advanced Refining for oil rigs and a wonder.... ;)

Radar

Nuke Power Split from Fission

Semiconductors

TECH REQUIREMENTS for FLIGHT, ARTILLERY, ROCKETRY, and COMBUSTION to make those a little harder to run for without supporting techs. FLIGHT was too easily skipped....

The tree now lines up into blocks, which each grouping representing a time period so that I can balance the costs correctly and so that it looks good.

I have been unable to download your mod so far.

I connect to http://www.filefactory.com/file/5435be/ and registered for File Factory, but I do not see a download button anywhere on the page at all. Am I missing something obvious?

BTW, is there an alternate download site?

Thanks!

Yes your missing something, no problem.
When I do the next major release I will have 2 download locations.

Ok scroll down till you see the text
Download for free with FileFactory Basic
Click that then click
Click here to begin your download

And it should work, they attempt to make it tough so people sign up and pay or click there adds.

Teaser Image!

Note the highlighted promotion (It's in Unaltered But Flavorful as an add on allready)

The Tech's have not been filled out yet, but there in the new totally new version....

@Kel, it all depends... I don't know what your planning on doing in the upgrade.
If there are major game play changes then I would suggest doing it for .5
But you may want to see what changes there as its pretty darn wide.

If its something more scaled down like a UU pack do it for unaltered and I will more than likely bring it into here as well.

@All
Another Tech Tree Teaser!
Notice the position of Buddhism (currently evaluating that change)

More Teasers
Aussie Lurkers Wonderful Civics Balancer is finished at least phase 2. I need to find some more icons for some of the duplicates. But here is a screenshot showing some of the changes. There is a give and take system now in the Civics

Love the Mod Ket,

I was wondering about a few things though

Would it be possible to have this mod working for the Original Civ IV?
And how can I get the PlotListEnhancement Mod to work with your mod? this is the mod that has little buttons above the bar running across the bottom center of screen, sorry best way I can describe it : (

I am a total newbie and therefore would'nt know where to begin

I'd also like to have the units smaller in size, but keeping the same amount of units in a group

Hope you can help

Many thanks

Wow getting it into the Original Civ would be a chore....
Ok not really just means starting from scratch yet again :)

In most cases there are versions of what I am using in the mod that are for civ4 so its just a matter of essentially re-doing the mod using those, there are a few warlords only changes but those could just be eliminated. Most of my tweaking is also backwards compatible so its possible.

PLE is currently buggy in any incarnation it seems. Sevo had nightmares with it and when I implemented TheLopez's warlords conversion unit selection got broken. So at the moment I'm staying away from PLE. I love the concept and want to include it badly. I just don't have the time to bug fix it at the moment and my python skills are limited. (I'm better at the SDK/C++)

PLE will be included in the mod, just more than likely not in a .35 fix or the new version

Lets talk about unit size for a second.
Do you mean formations i.e. the screenshot I posted with the circle of units around the general and the units system I use for Unaltered With Flavor or the units in the .35 version of this mod.

The reason I ask, Is I made units much larger in those then what they where designed at, and its one of the things I was looking for feedback on.

You can individually change each units size in xml/art/CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
and there is also a global setting that changes the overall scale of the game that is in xml/misc/CIV4DetailManager.xml

Try using some Tech Icons for thouse Civics, Currency for Cash Economy, Polytheism for Pantheism. Ofcorse new Icons are always nice but thouse would atleast act as a stopgap.

P.S. Try sending that code soon, I think at the rate I'm going I should finish what I have and release before adding anything else but I'd still like to have it for the next round of inclusions.

Hi Ket,

Have'nt got too long to chat at the momet dinner soon, but will be around tonight to carry on with this as I would like to learn how to do things as I do have some ideas but as I am not to clever at explaining things I can come unstuck! :blush: :lol:

Ok formations and the like, I loved the screenshot and in the original Civ IV I have got the regiments mod and wanted to not have the circle formation as I don't really care for it........personal taste you know :) having said that I only took a dislike to the circle as the number of units were not as great and the circle looked a bit odd to me.

So whilst I would like the number of units you have there I would like different formations and the pic you have with the circle was fine and if they were smaller in size it would for me be just about perfect :)

You say that I can change the units size in xml/art/CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml, but what would I need to look for and change exactly? don't want to mess the whole game up if I can help it : )

Oh and apologies I was referring to your Unaltered With Flavor mod yes

Feel free to ask me anything as I am more than willing to help, also as I have tons of spare time I can test things out and give feedback if you so wish :)

I could seriously use testers and folks to bounce idea's off of and even team members for the project (although I do post on the threads a good deal, even if some days I just post to myself).

Close to 300 downloads for 3.0/3.5 so I know people are playing and the feedback here has been very good so I know its got potential.

My Unaltered With Flavor mod has about 60 downloads from filefactory and I cant check the number of downloads from 3d downloads so assuming its half that puts it at around 100 for a few days being up. Pretty darn good.

Its not Sevo but it could be in time!

Now both mods are joined. After I released Unaltered I realized that this mod was a mess and getting very difficult to mod, so I threw it away (not really I just archived it) and started where I left off in Unaltered and started layering in the game changes. Its working out very well. Unaltered looks great. Has all the stuff here that does not change the game play (clock, Advisor's, 100 flavor units) and formations.... The best part about Unaltered and that code base is that there are VERY VERY few major bugs. All the large mods right now are going through hell as the conversion process to warlords is not as easy as they think. So people are happy to see no bugs.

So thats been the delay with the new version.

You will be happy to know... The circles are going away!
For the most part.....

I am going to be doing a major formation change for Unaltered that will apply to this mod as well. Since all I have to do now is drop the new file in and be done... (I just have to create and test it first ;)

I will be using the formations that are in Warhammer as a base and expanding from there. There will be a circle formation but it will be MUCH MUCH closer together and its pikemen think shoulder to shoulder pikes out in a circle facing outwards. I am also changing the formations to either
7+1 (7 men and 1 officer) or 8+1 down from 10+1

The exception to this will be the "Horde" formations
(Warriors, Axemen)

The modern formations look good, although I may tweak the global size down a tad still.

That would scare the hell out of anyone if it was coming at them....

Top Bottom