Warlords Patch 2.08 Released!

I installed it and the ReadMe matched what Alexman listed previously in the forum. I'm just about to try out a Creative leader and see how those cheap libraries work in practice.....

mutax2003 said:
The patch is not listed under the Firaxis official support section:

http://www.firaxis.com/support/support_detail.php?gameid=13&patch=1

One should be wary about downloading the update file from an unknown third party.

I serously doubt the a reputable site like Strategy Informer would go to all the trouble of making such a complex program that interacts with a specific game just for the purpose of installing a trojan.

As anxious as I am to install this, I am going to wait. I remain
skeptical and hesitant. It is not on the firaxis site at the time
I am writing this. I am too unsure about this "unofficial" patch.

this seems like a job for moderators to close up shop here; w/no updates in game and ONLY a release on a 3rd party site should ring several alarm bells.

volfan37132 said:
As anxious as I am to install this, I am going to wait. I remain
skeptical and hesitant. It is not on the firaxis site at the time
I am writing this. I am too unsure about this "unofficial" patch.

I concur.

I've waited this long so far, so waiting a bit longer to make sure everything is on the up and up is not harmful.

I would have thought that the patch would be available through Firaxis first, as well.

Can someone please post the readme from the unofficial patch or link me to it

Strategy Informer is a website which covers the Games industry, the patch is for Warlords and will not attach a virus to your machine lol. I don't currently own Warlords so I can't test the patch but I thought I'd inform one of the great Civ fansites and it's users. The patch should be on other websites soon, they just haven't been informed about it yet, sometime today you'll see it go live I'd of thought. There has been no readme released yet.

bovinespy said:
I installed it and the ReadMe matched what Alexman listed previously in the forum. I'm just about to try out a Creative leader and see how those cheap libraries work in practice.....

please provide the link/copy of this readme file.

conclusion, don't download it.
it's nonsense that one website has the patch before it's on the official site.

Well, it works. Too well if you ask me! I started a prince game as I heard the AI had been improved. And improved it has been! There were size 26 cities all over the place!!

I did notice a few strange things though (possible bugs?).

1. I had a defensive pact which was cancelled when I went to war with a third party. Despite the pact being cancelled, I still had the +1 bonus "The defensive pact proves our friendship."

2. When in the diplomacy window with another leader, I used to click on another leader's name before closing the current window so that their window would open automatically when I closed the current window. Now, it brings up the current leader again before calling up the leader I chose.

Was that easy to understand?

I hope this is the official patch as I am enjoying the new AI! It's kicking my ass!

1. I had a defensive pact which was cancelled when I went to war with a third party. Despite the pact being cancelled, I still had the +1 bonus "The defensive pact proves our friendship."
Yes, that's correct. Like the war bonus, it goes away with time. You must have had the pact for a while.

Top Bottom