• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Washington has a lot of nerve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually in real life Washington was very humble man and DC wasn't created until after his presidency.

Uh yeah I'm pretty sure the OP knew all of that. He's trying to be funny since Washington is the leader of America in CiV. I got the joke. The wink at the end was a bit of a give away. :rolleyes:

is this suppose to be funny? o.O

It was supposed to be, but apparently it wasn't. Oh well.

I regret that the US capitol is named after George Washington considering how 'Washington' is now a slur. Read the news or listen to a politician in America and 'Washington' has a highly negative connotation. The man deserves far better.

HB

I regret that the US capitol is named after George Washington considering how 'Washington' is now a slur. Read the news or listen to a politician in America and 'Washington' has a highly negative connotation. The man deserves far better.

HB

Where do you get this from?

'Washington' is sometimes used by the media to collectively refer to the US Federal Government. When the news or politicians talk about something happening in Washington or Washington released this or decided that, they are referring to the politicians, not the city. If what they did is seen as negative, then the media will say it negatively. Overall it is just a word, not negative or positive.

No, it isn't.

Yes, it is:

http://www.historydc.org/aboutdc.aspx

If we were to actually find a discussable topic, I'd say that I wish Lincoln were the leader. But I think that's a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom