[We the People] Mod overview

We The People 3.0.1 is released
Download link

Changelog said:
Version 3.0.1

Fixes:
- Livestock (including horses) will no longer apply modifer for game speed twice (growth was way too slow in Marathon speed)
- Ships, which can't load civilian units will no longer get nothing from exploring ship wrecks

Last edited:
Would not load mine. Said I needed 2.9? I'll try again
2.9 broke compatibility with older savegames. 3.0.1 doesn't fix that and can load savegames back to the savegame breaking point. I know what the problem is, but it's tricky and/or impossible to fix. I will not rule out that it becomes possible one day, but it requires the right idea and a lot of work.

And it is time for it again ... :mischief:

@Kendon , @Fürstbischof :

Both of you have shown dedication and commitment to WTP that has gone far beyond normal supporters.
Thus we hereby offer you both team member status.

Incl. all rights to speak for WTP (as team member) and according decision rights.
(e.g. decisions on release dates, mod philosophie, "team member veto" ...)

If you like you may join equally the ranks of the current team:

It is up to you of course if you accept or not. :)
(But the currently active team has discussed and likes to offer it to you.)

Welcome on board! :grouphug:
Let us continue to have fun modding together.

We would need to write you in the credits of Release 3.0 anyways ... ;)

Thank you for the invitation to be a team member on ‟We The People”. I’m happy to accept.

Even with my narrow focus it’s been an education. I’m starting to watch changes made by advanced modders, so we’ll see where that might lead.

3.0 has been a long time coming. It feels good!

Does WTP Team plan a public release in the upcoming month or two?
It's released when ready. Time doesn't matter. What matters is the amount of time spent on finishing the features/bugfixes. With paid workers you have a reasonable idea of how many hours you have each week. With unpaid workers the number is way too unstable to give an accurate estimate and then it easily becomes an unrealistic deadline, which then creates pressure on the modders.

I've seen the same issue come up in older builds too but capturing a settlement from another nation triggers a massive penalty to relations with nearby tribes even if I offer to pay for the land, they still say I stole it and often declare war

[edit] yeah just to reconfirm the "you stole our land" penalty seems to trigger before the event to buy land so I just walked into french city, burned it down, and the nearby tribe which I share no borders with still had "you stole our land" penalty already on when they asked for land buyout (even though I burned the city and not captured any of their land)

Last edited:
I have not seen a thread where I could express all my appreciation, gratitude and admiration of all Your hard work ! Let me just say that the mod is super amazing ! - a Definite upgrade from an original Microprose (MPS at the time) Colonization (yet spirit intact) It really is bigger and so much better and beautiful and a really BIG BIG BIG Thank You for all Your hard work and making it for all involved in TAC , R&R and finally WtP !! It is amazing guys ! Thank You !

It might seems trivial to some but what I find the best about this mod is that You can rotate camera any way You want using Ctrl+Arrow Keyes ! Wow ! This is so awesome ! :) A good way to appreciate all the graphics ! :)

You can rotate camera any way You want using Ctrl+Arrow Keyes ! Wow !
That is a feature that was already integrated in TAC almost 12 years ago from another mod / modcomp.
I am thus not 100% sure anymore who was the original creator of this - it is just too long ago.

Edit:
It was created by @Deliverator for AoDII.
(When we created TAC we used a lot of good content from that mod.)

Last edited:
Guys, please let us not use the "Mod Overview" thread for quick questions anymore.
This thread is intended to announce releases, share most important links and major changes in the project.

Please use the our [WTP] Quick Questions again for all that tiny stuff.
(The questions above are really not "major annoucments", right? :) )

I know some of you guys do not know the correct threads, but it is not that much effort to quickly check "thread titles".
For the rest of community and us WTP modders all that lack of posting disciplin causes trouble finding stuff.

So thanks for your understanding. :thumbsup:
(There is a reason why we do not have 1 single thread with 20.000 posts.)

Last edited:
So ok everybody, just to give you guys a quick status update:
  1. @Nightinggale and @raystuttgart will officially continue to work on "WTP core mod" as of now and start working to publish another release (no date set / planned yet).
  2. We will check in with the other remaining WTP team members and supporters to ask how much they can or want to contribute to this release as well. (It would make our lives a lot easier.)
  3. We are planning to offer team member status to one or two new modders - which as usually includes full privileges like all team members equally have. (Need to get short feedback from rest of the team.)
  4. We will need some time to get everything organized again. Checking the status of current work in the branches, consolidating infos, planning the content of the next "Improvement Release" ...
Summary:
Have some patience, but we decided to do it once more.
Until then, enjoy your time.

Further good news. :)

The old WTP team members @Kendon and @Raubwuerger that already participated in the last relases have joined our efforts again for the upcoming release.

@Raubwuerger is going to work again on the Pyton Event System, Trade Quests, a new Domestic Advisor Screen for Education System and other possibly other Quality of Life features.
@Kendon is going to work again on Colopedia texts on new game content in branch "Plains" like new Terrains, Terrain Features or Bonus Ressources and also further improving existing texts of the mods.

Additionally WTP team is offering team membership to @FlaviusBelisarius and @Moandor for their efforts in recent times. (This of course includes all according privileges and rights all team members equally share.)

@FlaviusBelisarius is a skilled programmer that took responsibility for two of the most difficult open issues we have right now: "MapScripts for Large Rivers" and "Improvement of Automated Trade Route System".
@Moandor is a skilled graphical modder has supported us with creation of new graphics and also bugfixes of newly created graphics for new Bonus Ressources and new Improvements and other new content.

---

Let us welcome the team members on board. :grouphug:
Let us have fun modding together and let us create another great release together.

Last edited:
Sorry guys for "bumping" all the currently open concept threads. :thumbsup:

But I kind of had to get them up in the queue to give the team an easier time to find and discuss that stuff.
(That stuff had been almost lost in Nirvana otherwise hidden in the huge amount of threads we have.)

Good evening everybody and please forgive me, if this isn´t the right place to post this.
I am a life long gamer and started in the late 80s and early 90s with mostly turn based pc games.
My dad bought us a 286er, which was able to run titles like civilization, xcom (what a gem!!) and of course colonization.
As I grew older I tried different platforms but ultimately stuck to PC (I think it was the mouse and therefore the ability to play anything strategy related easily).

Now, you people should know that I never ever joined a forum like this in my whole life, I am one of the people who use them from time to time, but always as a lurker.
But after all I signed up to thank you guys for the best mod ever created.
Since I am a big fan of the original colonization I bought the Civ 4 Col as soon as it was available, just to be dissapointed by it only hours later.
Eventually I discovered TAC and spent countless hours with it, also I was following the conversations between writing bull and his crew.
That mod made it close to the original and a very good game overall.

Some years ago I found religion and revolution and tried it and was absolutely blown away. The two plot radius, tons of new units, yields, goods and music made the game superior. Also I saw some familiar names in the forum like raystuttgart and nightinggale which was a pleasant surprise.
As time went on things became even better when there was "we the people". I am a very close observer to everything new in that mod and simply love that you guys pull yourself together everytime, overcome obsacles and hardships and make it happen.
Now if you ask any gamer what their favourite game is, the anwers are usually difficult to give. Sometimes I think you can name your favourite for a certain amount of weeks or months, but then the spark dies out and you try something else, wondering how you could have named the game your favourite in the first place.
Since there are quite some very good games and fitting mods out there (xcom 2 or skyrim, with hundred of mods altered) it is almost impossible to name the best.
But I will give you guys the honor to name your mod the best of all, ultimately making colonization the best game of my life.
This is remarkable, since I am close to 39 years old and played thousands of games in my life.
But colonization (and we the people) is like ray once put it, "the only game I always come back to" (btw, I really felt your experience with "planetfall" ray, since it was basically my own) and I think I have played it for 1500+ hours starting from 2008.
Thank you guys a ton for all the hard work on it and especially for going on with it.

Recently I completed my first (ironman) walkthrough on revolutionary difficulty and won the game on a standard map by defeating the kings army.
It was tough, I lost seven colonies in the war of independence, but still learned some new tactics.

Again boys, thank you, your dedication is highly appreciated.
For a new release please take your time, dont rush anything, but if you pull it off some day I will again sing your names :)
Best greetings from Austria from a big fan.

Hi, is there an option to see which version of the WTP mod I have installed ? Been a while since I last played and I am playing again for a few hours. I have the mod installed but I don't know if it is the latest version.

In the changelog file it says Version 3.0, does that mean I have the latest 3.0.1 ?

Top Bottom