1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[We the People] Mod overview

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Nightinggale, Sep 24, 2018.

1. CurtnoAnna

CurtnoAnna Chieftain

The guy who posted the thread is clearly not understanding the great "free" work you guys are all doing. Keep up the great work. I look forward to every update.

jhxp and Mr. ZorG like this.
  2. raystuttgart

raystuttgart Civ4Col Modder

Guys, let us stop bashing that guy. :thumbsup:
    Otherwise it can also fall back negatively on the community.

It would also just put further oil in the fire. Also it would further waste our time.
    Our complete community fighting this one guy would also become quite unfair.

And please we should definitely not get unfriendly and impolite ourselves.
    At least we should not be writing posts calling others cuss words even if their posts really anger us.

I am not even really angry at that guy, since I can understand that the OOS issue frustrates him.
    I just wanted to exlpain to him that some of the other things he posted were utterly incorrect and not ok.

Now however I believe that eveything that is important has been said. :hug:
    (Every further post in this aweful thread will only make it worse and not help anybody.)
    1. We tried to explain why we still have OOS and that we make no secret of it.
    2. @Nightinggale expressed that he still tries to solve it - although it is really difficult
    3. We tried to explain here what this mod is and who participates in which manner
    Yes, let us concentrate on our next release again. :)

3. solvito

solvito Chieftain

We play this game heavily in multiplayer and suffer the OOC constantly (in fact this is the only thing putting us away from playing this every weekend). I think that at this point I know what desynchs the game a lot.
    Off the top of my head I can quote:
    -Natives moving through players territory
    -Wild animals
    -Events
    -Bargaining with natives

the OOC is so frustrating that once you hit mid-game it happens basically every single turn. The problem is that not only you need to relog but it messes up with citizens in cities and trading route automation ( a cool feature we are now longer able to use)

4. raystuttgart

We know about that but we simply could not yet fix it. :(
    And we are sorry that it ruins MP experience of our mod.

Please post such issues in our thread for bug reporting though :thumbsup:

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  5. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

Version 2.9 has been released
    [party] (download link) [party]

Large Rivers finally made it into a release
    This is a major milestone since on top of the gameplay value, it required such a varied skillset that it became teamwork to get done. All team members and many contributors worked hard and thus, making it the most people to contribute to a single feature in years.

English is getting a major overhaul

Some of the text dates back to TAC, which started out in German and then later translated to English. The quality varies and in some cases updates haven't been translated. We now for the first time ever have people dedicated to improving the English text like an editor would improve while preparing to publish a book. Due to the high amount of text in the game, this is an ongoing process.

Bugs are evil
    We The People has focused on bugfixes since day 1. We still do and we stepped up the game a bit. Now there is also focus on preventive measures against bugs. This means adding systems, which will test for various types of bugs either during compilation or when starting the game and as such certain types of bugs should be detected and fixed before making it into a release and in most cases before making it into the git repository.

Increased mod activity
    Activity around the mod has increased recently. More people have shown up and started contributing. This has allowed for extra activity, both in the obvious way like starting the English text overhaul, but also more indirectly by doing tasks, which would otherwise have to be done by experienced modders. As such doing something like playtesting will free up programmers to make new features. In fact playtesting can be quite time consuming.

Thank you for your contributions, big or small. This includes bug reports from "outsiders", who decided to compile the dll themselves to playtest river_merge.

f1rpo, Ramstormp, XSamatan and 6 others like this.
  6. raystuttgart

We finally made a release again !!! :grouphug:

Schmiddie likes this.
  7. Raubwuerger

Raubwuerger Chieftain

Great.:thumbsup:
    And it's savegame compatible to the snapshot I've taken several days ago ...

raystuttgart likes this.
  8. HiFiPanda

HiFiPanda Chieftain

- Large rivers (not in random maps yet)

Oh, that explains why in 20 tries it didn't generate a single river. Sometimes it's adviced to read first. ;)

Btw is there going to be some kind of option to force or disable a generation of the Large Rivers?

9. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

It's not trivial to answer that before we have large rivers working in random maps, but ideally there will be a map option where you can choose large river density/length where one of the options is no large rivers. However I can't promise that prior to knowing how the implementation works.

10. Diegozubi

Diegozubi Chieftain

hi guys, maybe it is clear and I missed it, but I cannot find the post about the new release (2.9.1), after I think I saw a reference to it in some other post. Is there a specific please where you are publishing the latest link?
    I do not play much and do not even enter the forum as often as I would like too, but I only play WTP , and it is actually the only game I am still playing since a few years (do not have much time after work, family and "out of home" time. I love it, and the turns systems is ideal to let it open in a laptop while doing other things :))... As every time I say something here, I'd like to thank you all for your great work.
    Cheers!

11. raystuttgart

We have not yet published it. :)
    We are still collecting changes and fixes.

It is most also too big already to be called 2.9.1
    We will most likely directly cal it 2.10 or 3.0. (Depending on how much we further add.)

Thanks, that is truly a compliment. :hug:
    Our baby WTP gets weak knees when she hears it.

We also thank our loyal fans and players. :)

----

So, bear with us for approximiately 2 or 3 more weeks with the next release. :thumbsup:
    It depends how much time @Nightinggale needs for his current fixes and how much time I need myself for "Lakes".

Working on the mod - except a few bug fixes and answering in the forum - during the week has become pretty hard for me.
    I only really have more time for modding at the weekends or when I take vacation.

Barra, CurtnoAnna, Vaulter and 2 others like this.
  12. PH2

PH2 Chieftain

Same here - I have logged hundreds of hours on WTP in the last couple of years. It is my go-to game. You guys have done amazing work!

raystuttgart likes this.
  13. modmod

modmod Warlord

Would you please post a plan what will be in the 3.0 release?

14. raystuttgart

Everything that is already finished until today + all other bugfixes / improvements during running test phase. :dunno:
    Every concept thread that does not have an "IMPLEMENTED" in its name is not contained in Release 3.0.

e.g. "Lakes" however is contained and it has "IMPLEMENTED" in the name of the thread.
    All the bugfixes and small improvements we posted about in the last weeks are contained.

There is also lots of small stuff in it we have never posted about. (Small enhancement, text improvements, bugfixes, ...)
    In 2 weeks you will most likely get the release and a massive changelog with it. :thumbsup:

-----

Again:

If a concept thread is not already marked as "IMPLEMENTED" it is not contained in Release 3.0.
    We are still working on that stuff. We will tell you when it is finished. Do not worry.

-----

Please understand:

We need time to finish that big stuff properly and in quality. We also need to teach that e.g. to AI.
    "Environment Overhaul", "Health Overhaul", ... are massive features that take months to fully implement, balance, write texts for, test, ...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    PH2 likes this.
  15. raystuttgart

And it is time for it again ... :mischief:

@Kendon , @Fürstbischof :

Both of you have shown dedication and commitment to WTP that has gone far beyond normal supporters.
    Thus we hereby offer you both team member status.

Incl. all rights to speak for WTP (as team member) and according decision rights.
    (e.g. decisions on release dates, mod philosophie, "team member veto" ...)

If you like you may join equally the ranks of the current team:

It is up to you of course if you accept or not. :)
    (But the currently active team has discussed and likes to offer it to you.)

Welcome on board! :grouphug:
    Let us continue to have fun modding together.

We would need to write you in the credits of Release 3.0 anyways ... ;)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    Mr. ZorG likes this.
  16. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

I want to point to @Elirector and his auto downloader. It's third party, but it seems to work.

Diegozubi, HobyMorgan, nci and 2 others like this.
  17. raystuttgart

We did it again guys. :grouphug:
    Feels so awesome every time when we publish. :mischief:

18. CurtnoAnna

CurtnoAnna Chieftain

Will Lakes and Rivers show on random maps ?

I can hardly wait to try 3.0. Downloading now

19. raystuttgart

Lakes: Yes. :)
    Large Rivers: Not Yet :( (still working on it)

20. XSamatan

XSamatan Warlord

Congratulations!

raystuttgart likes this.