1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

We want to hear from YOU

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Hinkle2K, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Hinkle2K

Hinkle2K 2K Games Staff

2. NASAROG

NASAROG Chieftain

Done and done. There were a few questions missing though.

3. Hinkle2K

Hinkle2K 2K Games Staff

Can you elaborate?

4. Darsnan

Darsnan Chieftain

"Do you participate in online forums". The only Civ related forum listed is CFC. There are others like Apolyton, WePlayCiv, etc.

"What following Civilization titles do you own?". Doesn't list SMACX.

D

5. jlc22

jlc22 Chieftain

Done! though I probably overwhelmed the comment box at the end...

6. Gort

Gort Chieftain

The survey crashed after question 9 for me but refreshing allowed me to get through. Would have been nice to justify my ambivalence on "Would you recommend the Civ series to a friend" though.

7. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

To your second, SMAC / SMACX is not a Civilisation title. The rights are also held elsewhere.

8. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

9. AriochIV

AriochIV Analyst

That's a good joke. Neither of those forums could be described as active.

10. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

I used to post on Apolyton back in the day when it was the top civ forum. Now it is dead. :(

11. Hinkle2K

Hinkle2K 2K Games Staff

Alpha Centauri and its expansions technically aren't part of the Civilization series. :)

Edit: Whoops, looks like somebody beat me to the punch!

12. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

I find it interesting that 2K is doing a survey about civilization now. Makes me think that civ6 is coming soon and you guys are getting feedback on how to market the game to us. ;)

13. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

"What would you personally name as the biggest problems with the Civ Series?" is the one I'm missing.

But I'll just assume that Civ 6 is already 90% done and that this kind of feedback just could not be used in the marketing process. :D

14. CelJaded

CelJaded DENOUNCING!

Yeah, there was a "tell us why our game is great" sort of vibe wasn't there? :p

Still, I also choose to read into things and have now got my hopes up for another BERT patch in time for Xmas.

"The crappy Gene Vault works again? Aw, fellas you shouldn't have!"

15. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

Well, one of the questions asks us to rank things like game mechanics and sys requirements and another question asks what we like the best about civ. Both questions seem to be geared more towards the game development side rather than the marketing side.

16. Ryika

I'm sure those questions are there to help them decide if they need strong artwork for the cover of the physical copies, or if people are more interested in the system requirements anyway.

Based on the answers given the cover for Civ6 might look a lot different than the cover for Civilization 5:

Spoiler :

(Proper grammar not yet included)

As you can see, resources have been taken from the Artwork Team and put into new staff that then developed modern benchmark-software to create the most accurate system requirements that have ever been printed onto a game cover with a font size bigger than 35 ever.

And all that is needed for this to make sense is to stop thinking rationally for a few minutes or so.

17. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

I see it more from the game development perspective. If people say sys requirements are most important then the dev team will focus more on making sure the game runs smoothly on lowest possible machine. If people say graphics/artwork, they will put more money into fancy 3D graphics and wonder movies. If people say game mechanics are most important, like I voted, then they will focus on AI and interesting game ideas.

18. Ryika

But that would mean Civilization VI is not 90% done yet. I mean sure, if we don't just randomly assert that the game is 90% done and about to release in the next 2-3 moth, then yeah, your explanation is perfectly reasonable. But my explanation makes a lot more sense when you assume it's already 90% done.

19. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

I get that but you are making a huge assumption when you say the game is 90% done. No offense but that seems like a number you pulled out of thin air. We know nothing about the game so we have no way of knowing how much progress has been made on it.

20. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

Nah Ryika, your explanation is founded upon the assumption itself, which means without said assumption the entire logic breaks down.

Nobody has any idea what stage of development Civ 6 is in. Assumptions are unhealthy unless you actually know something concrete, in which case rendering it not an assumption at all.

I mean, they could ask all the questions they want. They'll still be criticised regardless for not taking on board all of the feedback accurately to the degree individuals wish for change to a widely-distributed product that is enjoyed by a large multitude. The only thing that would turn things around at this point is to release Civ 6 and it to be perfect, or close to. Not even another expansion, or set of patches for BE would work, given how easily people resort to slamming it.