Web Site Update

Oops... never even saw that link. Two clicks seem ...umh... doable, even for the laziest amongst us.
Don't spend time on those extra links.

I'm not surprised you didn't know it was there. It had a strange name - something like "Civ III/PtW discussions"?. I replaced it with the Downloads link because I thought it was of purely historical interest, and someone took me to task because apparently it pointed to the main GOTM Forum. So I put it back a couple of weeks ago and elevated it to the top group.

Not a good first post perhaps, but... ;)

Clicking the dl link for the game, http://gotm.civfanatics.net/games/index.php?month=38,
gives me this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: connect_to_database() in /home/virtual/site7/fst/var/www/html/games/index.php on line 13

Work in progress, or just broken? :p

/Niklas

Hmm! Just broken :(. I changed an include() to an absolute link for something else I was doing, and it seems to have broken it.

BTW: Welcome, anyway :) :wavey:

Thank you very much, for fixing the link and for the welcome. :)
Not to mention for the site itself, I've done some similar coding stuff myself in the past so I know how much work and time that goes into it.

Oh, and while I'm at it, thanks for a great feature. GOTM is a brilliant idea, just what someone like me needs. I have far too little/irregular times to play any multiplayer games, but the warrior in me still wants to test his skills against others somehow. :viking:

Now I just have to hope I don't make a fool of myself completely... ;)

/Niklas

Niklas said:
Thank you very much, for fixing the link and for the welcome. :)
Not to mention for the site itself, I've done some similar coding stuff myself in the past so I know how much work and time that goes into it.
You're very welcome. And if you want to apply your expertise to help this old amateur, just whistle (or PM as it's called around here).

Now I just have to hope I don't make a fool of myself completely... ;)
Why ever not :eek: We all do! :D

I've just added a significant speed bump to the submssion system, using compiled code to scan your files instead of interpreted PHP. I'd like to thank Dianthus for his work and help getting this version going.

The visible impact for you will be that file scanning will take under a second, and so your future submissions will be done in the time it takes to upload time your files. It also means we can now extract all the information we need on the fly, removing another manual step in the results processing done by the staff.

I've done a lot of testing on this code - all the past GOTM submissions have been scanned by it and compared with the existing data - so I hope I've wrung out the bugs. But software being what it is, there's probably something I've missed. So please, if you see anything strange during your C/GOTM submissions, PM me or raise it here so that I can investigate.

The next stage is to use this version to speed the SGOTM upload process, and then to add online QSC data extraction, so we'll be able to give you instant feedback on your QSC at submission time. Watch this space.

AlanH said:
I'd like to thank Dianthus for his work and help getting this version going.
No problem Alan, and congratulations on winning the race :goodjob:, we haven't quite started using it in the HOF yet!

Business seems to be a bit slow today, but the new code has processed two COTM 08 entries and one SGOTM 5 upload so far. No problems that I can see, and no reports of errors. Fingers remain firmly crossed :eek:

I didn't realise we were in a race, but it was very one sided, as I had a much smaller job to do to plug CRpSAVReader into my existing installations. You are creating a new HoF system from the ground up.

Top Bottom