Welcome New Members

Hello All,

Names Jon, Jester is an old nickname that I use in memorium.

Been playing CIV since the beginning and eagerly anticipated he arrival of CIV IV only to find out that I had to drastically upgrade my PC to be able to play. Well, we have upgraded the PC and now my wife is considering suing Sid and company for alienation of affection. It seems that IV is aven more addicting than I-III were, sigh.

Looking forward to advancing my abilities and maybe even taking on the higher levels of the game, never had the patience for them before.

Great site, with lots of good solid information.

"Non Illigitum Carborundum Est"

Hi everyone.

I played Civ 2 so much that my wrist and elbow started hurting me, forcing me to stop :( Civ 3 was nearly as good. Now I am playing Civ 4 (I don't know why it took me so long to discover it was available)

Anyway, I must say, registering here was not terribly easy. I tried 5 or 6 times before I typed in the correct combo of characters. The bending of the graphic really distorts some of the characters.

hello I'm a new member looking for online games with other lovers of civ 2. it's interesting to find an online community here, I've been playing civ 2 for forever but never knew about this site.

If anyone wants to start an online game give me a shout. I'm not exactly sure how this all works, as I am new here but looking forward to playing with some humans rather than against my computer, thanks

I been visiting this site for a long time, and use it quite a bit for reference and downloading, but have never posted anything. So, here’s my first post.

I’ve been playing Civilization since the first release of the first game for DOS. It has always been my favorite computer game. However, as has been pointed out by folks a long time ago, Civilization is more of a software toy than a game because you can manipulate it to your own way of playing. Depending on how I feel on a certain day, I will play a game with no rule changes or modifications on a random map with a random civilization just to test myself. Those types of games can be challenging when playing with an unfamiliar Civ with characteristics you are not used to, or even more so, characteristics you are used to but don’t have for that game.

On another day, I will just plain cheat. I have an altered XML file that gives Roosevelt all of the Civ characteristics and two free scouts to start with. :lol:

It’s that ability to challenge yourself with a good honest game or just play God and wipe everyone out that makes this game so much fun.

And by the way, if case anyone is wondering, yes I’m the same spider1 from the TrekBBS.

Hi Civ world. better watch out, i have been reading and playing Civ4 for about tow months. PLayed all the civ's over the time and allways loved the newest. Not that i have a problem with the old ones. i think if your going to waste time playing computer games might as well play the best, so not so hot on other wargames, but as Civ gives everything i need, i'm happy. Love the fact that i can use my interest in history to influence games, love the fact Civ 4 gives the chance to change a stratigic style mid game,(felt that Civ3 was pretty locked into military choices[ umm was this where GWbush studied?] and didn't give a lot of option or scope for anything else). Been playing for about two months and just about cracked Prince level and can force all my mates into vassel state's, (which they love, all people want to be part of the Jamie Empire!) and starting to think theirs a big bad world out there that needs civ-ill-eyes-in', seeya about!

Long time CIV addict. Bought my first PC to play CIV1. Upgraded to play CIV2. Must have played several hundred hours of Civ2. Got Civ 3 but didn't play very much. Have now got Civ4 and initially it looks like the best yet. Goodbye real world!

Might as well make my first post here. Have played Civ III ever since it came out. Just got Civ IV about a month ago and have loved it so far. Favorite Civs in IV are Persia, Japan and France. I'm probably a more oppurtunistic player (Being peaceful when I need to but attacking opponents when I get bored or I see they are weak). I mostly win by Diplomacy or Domination, depending on my mood.

well, hi I kinda just picked this game out of nowhere and i was spending my own money anyway so i got the third one. It is a wery strategetic game and i like it, and i dont know if this is too good or not but i won score victory by 1810 AD and well out of 3 trys thats the only time i won so far, and i only got the main pack none of the expans. but over all it is one of my favorite games and thats why i joined this.

Hey hows it goin all? This is the first time ive posted here on CFF and i would like to tell everyone how great the site is. Keep postin great stuff and playin Civ! :goodjob:

I'm not a great post writer but I really have enjoyed Civ games for years. I don't remember the first Civ game but I may have played it. I have only just checked out sites relating to Civ, so here I am. I still enjoy Civ II as much as the newer games and alternate between them.

Just wanted to say hi. I have found a lot of good info on this site starting with Civ 3 but never posted before. Getting ready to try Succession Game of The Month for the first time.

Well nah. I suppose I'll stop lurking and make a post. I came here a few months ago because I enjoy Civ IV, but thought it definately needed the modability of Civ III and Wesnoth. I was not disappointed this time. Now that Civ IV has been out for a while there almost as many modding as for Civ III.

Adding different civs is cool, but the idea of making ethnically diverse units really appeals to me and gives the new/ vanilla civs a personal dimension and more accuracy. The standard units are definitely european (as is the model for the 'progress' of civilization. I guess from western world follow the west's conception of civilization, but I would be interested to see a progression according to Islamic, African, Native American, and Asian models/ views. Not every technology came to every civilization in the order envisioned in the game, especially among non-Europeans If Each civ followed its own path to progress as they have in real life- that would be a lot of modding work, but very educational and make each civilization trully unique.

Hello Africa !!

For some reason I think that most of you are on-line alone. There isn't much conversation above, rather introductions. I wish we could all get together at the same time

Welcome all, live for the peanuts, check out OT at the bottom of the forum!

Welcome, all! :D [party]

Hodon said:
For some reason I think that most of you are on-line alone. There isn't much conversation above, rather introductions. I wish we could all get together at the same time
Well, of course there isn't much conversation in this thread. It is for introductions! ;) For (relatively slow) conversations you can discuss Civ in this forum and pretty much anything else in Off Topic. If you want instant conversations, check out our chatroom during your late evening. (At the time you posted, the chatroom is also pretty dead.)

Top Bottom