Welcome New Members

Hello, hello!

I've been playing Civ since Civ III - been roaming these forums for ages now. After all this time, I thought I might as well register. Keep up all the good insights!

Hey Howdy!

Not only am I new to CivFanatics, I'm new to the Civ games (I know, I know). After years of watching my friends disappear into their addictions to the game, I finally gave in with IV (and now Warlords and BTS).

It came along at a good time for me. I'm "between jobs" with tons of time to kill as I wait for call backs on applications and interviews.

So, anyway, it's great to be part of an established community. I've already found TONS of useful information to help jump start my latest addiction.

hi to all civilizators!
I like strategy games, I have played civilization games form civ 2 a few years ago,than i played civ 3,and now i play civ4, and when i found this site i saw many cool stuff and helpfull tips, so I understood that I did only the minuimum, and there are lot of more to learn, so hi :D

helo members
We are getting quite an influx of new members to the site, presumably because the release-date for Civ-IV is getting nearer & nearer, and people are coming here in search of news & info.

As suchcvc, we thought that its probably a good idea to have an "Introduction / Welcome to CivFanatics thread" where people can say hello and tell us a bit about themselves.

For new members, please use this thread to tell us a little about yourself, your civ-addictions etc etc.

@regulars, please make people feel welcome, but try not to drown the thread - ensure that we keep a reasonably high ratio of wheat-to-chaff. ;)

BTW - out of interest, I joined Civfanatics a couple of months before the release of Civ3 - the interesting thing is that I had just rediscovered Civ-II, and was looking for some strategies for it - I was completely oblivious to the fact that there was a Civ3 in production, and it wasn't until I came here that I found out about it! Anyone else like that for C-IV?

HI everyone,

New and did not know where to post this question...

I am having difficulty with tribal huts in forest and swamps. The graphics are such that they are impossible to see. The swamps especially are near hidden. What setting show I put it on to make the huts appear clearer. On my friend's computer the huts show up in the middle of the forest or spawm with the trees/foliage around the hut. On my computer the hut graphic and the forest/swamp graphic is mixed and sometimes you just cannot see the hut unless you pass the mouse over it and read the tile description.

Thanks,

adino

Hello! Been playing Civ since Civ3.. casual player except for a month or two every year when I seem to do nothing else. Constantly in awe of how people manage to regularily win Monarch and higher difficult levels.. can't seem to get over my tendency of just pressing the Enter key for the next turn! ;)

Hello! I am a Civ fan since II and was overjoyed to finally get a copy of IV! Now, however I have a massive problem and cannot play the game thanks to the download of v1.74 :(

Hello, I have been a member for a few years and this is my first post. Started playing "Beyond the Sword" and I am in the process of learning more about random events.

:nuke: :king: :nuke: Hi everyone:lol: I've been roaming around Civfanatics since January,downloading everthing that I can(don't have warlords) I am probably younger than everyone here but i wont disclose my age. I have played civ since when Civ4 came out

Hi there,
I'm KarmaT & I'm a Civ-a-holic.
I've been playing Civ since Civ1 on the Amiga, followed by Civ2, Scenarios & Fantastic Worlds (which I still hold to be the best add-on for a game...ever!)

Ploughed through Alpha C, C2P, MoO2 and any Civ-like game I could lay my hands on. But when Civ3 & Conqusts came out, that was it. I lost my job, girl, all self-respect and gained RSI in my mouse hand. Totally worth it.

I've been a lurker here since PTW came out, but now I've decided to maybe converse with like minded megalomaniacs.

Well, new job, new girl & new Civ to eat away my life.
I'm lovin Civ4+Warlords. Can't wait to get BtS. I'd really like to get into modding, but for now have just been enjoying the fruits of others efforts. Thanks to all who post on the downloads section. Much appreciated.

Sorry if that's a bit long, but that it. :D

Hello Hello. Just picked up BTS yesterday. Man this game is so great!!!!! For those of you who are into modding I'm very impressed with your creations.

Top Bottom