Welcome New Members

Hello Everyone!

I'm a Civ4 player from China, Civ 4 is a great game, and I think I can find useful info from here, also make friends with you guys.

Hi everyone. I am a retired navy guy, divorced and getting old. I have been looking for a challenging game to keep me from getting bored. This looks like it, but I need a good tutorial. I am having a hard time deciphering the book and simply stated I don't know what I am doing when I make moves. I know it will take some time, but I was wondering if someone has a step by step tutorial out there that will enable me to figure out what I am doing here. Civilization as a game has been highly recommended and it appears to be that which would pique my interest. Any help out there?

Sull:confused:

Hi everyone. I am a retired navy guy, divorced and getting old. I have been looking for a challenging game to keep me from getting bored. This looks like it, but I need a good tutorial. I am having a hard time deciphering the book and simply stated I don't know what I am doing when I make moves. I know it will take some time, but I was wondering if someone has a step by step tutorial out there that will enable me to figure out what I am doing here. Civilization as a game has been highly recommended and it appears to be that which would pique my interest. Any help out there?

Sull:confused:

Actually, Civ 4 has a very useful tutorial available in opening menu, through the tutorial, I think you can learn much about Civ4.

What's more important is that, this tutorial seems to be very detailed, it's step by step!

hi there this i my frist post and as i am not big on this sort of thing it maybe my last i just came here to download all you mod. and i would like to thank anyone who has uploaded a mod, great work people keep them coming
you all take care now
rick

Hi,

I'm Freedude from Michigan, USA.

I resisted getting into playing pc games because I saw my grandson become addicted to an online game that almost cost him his family. But he has licked it and is now doing well. I purchased my Civ III game out of boredom. I'm 67, live alone and am semi-retired. I still drive vehicles for the local auto auction but I have a lot of time on my hands.

Anyway Civ III got me hooked and I recently purchased and downloaded Civ IV. But, I could not get it to open from the download, so I went out and purchased the disc. That works well except for the introduction which plays for a second then quits, then plays for a second then quits, etc. But the game itself plays fine. So I'm not too concerned about it except that it would be nice to see the introduction movie as it is supposed to be. Any suggestions?

So, I am on this forum to learn all that I can. My next goal will be to learn about downloading the additions and mods. It will be impossible to read all that is on this forum, so any advice from you old-timers that you care to send to me will be welcome. Just put Civ IV in the subject so I know not to delete it. :0))

Bill
Freedude

I AM VERY UNHAPPY ABOUT THIS SITE..I GET NO HELP FROM ANY NEW STUFF LIKE CIVS MAPS BABYLON ISREAL.. I WANT TO PLSY ON DIFFERNT GAMS ON REAL ORL MAPPS U WORLORD ADVERIZES THAT THIS SITE U CAN DOWNLOAD EXCPSNTION ON CIV AND MAPS i FEEL LIKE I'VE BEEN LIED TO. I NEED SOME HELP frackone@msn.com 503 772 3225...help or get out of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, here is my first Hello to civfanatics! Now I'm ready to join sir!
I was looking this forum for sometimes and find it as a great place for us civfanatics! :goodjob:
But the problem is I don't know any other people who is Civaholic like us. :scan:
Actually I think that I might be one of very very few (maybe only one) Thai who play Civ! :scan:
And what's more, I think that I'm very young here, probably too young to get addict to Civ! :eek:
I'm just 17, studying grade 12 at Thailand's only science school, very good at Mathematics (was in Olympiad before Civ pulled me out ;-) ), interest in History and Languages (very compactible to Civ I think), going for Mathematics, or Computer Science in University abroad (to anywhere using English or German).
One of my dream is to work with Firaxis to create CIV6 or 7 (CIV5 is going to happen before I'll finish my Ph.D anyway I think), or maybe SMAC3 or 4 (not SMAC2 for the same reason). :king:
I'm not a good modder, but I'm trying my best to become that. I've a kot of ideas for Civ but I can't try them because my mod and graphics skill is still crappy... :crazyeye:
My "real" face looks really like Otto von Bismarck in CIV4, if beard and moustache pulled out and the hair and eyes are black, really!! And I often play as him leading (now must add because of HRE, "Prussian") Germany though his trait is quite weak and Assembly Plant need buffing (see my signature below)...
Personally I think Panzer would need buffing too, those Anti-Tank just makes my day of Industrial-Modern Panzer-ruling harder in my first game!! But that's quite realistic since German Tiger can't shoot while moving 'cause their cannons are too large so they're easy target for Allies Bazooka...
For my first ideas about BtS and CiV that I haven't seen anywhere else, see my signature... Is it too long???

Tat
Tattananan N.

looking for advice,
having problems with Fall from heaven slowing down and crashing after playing for a while, tried upping vertual memory but no better. if anyone could help it would be appriciated.

Tel,

So, here is my first Hello to civfanatics! Now I'm ready to join sir!
I was looking this forum for sometimes and find it as a great place for us civfanatics! :goodjob:
But the problem is I don't know any other people who is Civaholic like us. :scan:
Actually I think that I might be one of very very few (maybe only one) Thai who play Civ! :scan:
And what's more, I think that I'm very young here, probably too young to get addict to Civ! :eek:
I'm just 17, studying grade 12 at Thailand's only science school, very good at Mathematics (was in Olympiad before Civ pulled me out ;-) ), interest in History and Languages (very compactible to Civ I think), going for Mathematics, or Computer Science in University abroad (to anywhere using English or German).
One of my dream is to work with Firaxis to create CIV6 or 7 (CIV5 is going to happen before I'll finish my Ph.D anyway I think), or maybe SMAC3 or 4 (not SMAC2 for the same reason). :king:
I'm not a good modder, but I'm trying my best to become that. I've a kot of ideas for Civ but I can't try them because my mod and graphics skill is still crappy... :crazyeye:
My "real" face looks really like Otto von Bismarck in CIV4, if beard and moustache pulled out and the hair and eyes are black, really!! And I often play as him leading (now must add because of HRE, "Prussian") Germany though his trait is quite weak and Assembly Plant need buffing (see my signature below)...
Personally I think Panzer would need buffing too, those Anti-Tank just makes my day of Industrial-Modern Panzer-ruling harder in my first game!! But that's quite realistic since German Tiger can't shoot while moving 'cause their cannons are too large so they're easy target for Allies Bazooka...
For my first ideas about BtS and CiV that I haven't seen anywhere else, see my signature... Is it too long???

Tat
Tattananan N.

Yes, your sig needs to be 5 lines with that size, or else you'll be violating the rules.

Also, you need special skills to work on a game, unless you're a tester, in which you need to be 18 and have a high school diploma. And testing is MUCh less fun than you think. you'll not be playing Civ 6 in finished form. Rather, you'll be playing something with grey blocks as characters, and textureless terrain at first. And by that, I mean halfway through testing, which will probably be 3/4 - 1 year. :p

Hi, I'm new. I've been playing civ now for a while, but never really got into the editing part of it. But now that I have dabbled a little, it makes the game a lot more fun. Thanks for all the great mods and units!

I am new to this site and to the Civilization games. I bought CIVIV and I am having problems before I can even play the game, so I am here for help. I hope this site can answer my questions.

hey im new to the internet but love civ4 also i love to play historical scenarios

Hello. I have been playing Civ since Civ II. Got hooked instantly and upgraded to Civ III. My favorite civ to use is the Russians love to use cossacks to the point I had over 500 in one game. My only dislike about civ III is the Random Battle Generator which can make a bronze age spearman actually kill a tank... Hoping to get Civ IV soon now that I finally upgraded my computer.

Anyways I have a question about mods. How do add a mod to an existing unit in the game?

Hi! I joined to learn how to make Civ IV work on my new Compac using Vista OS. I have tried the Compatability Wizard with out many success.Does any one have any suggestions?

I've been playing Civ since the first release ran on MS-DOS. Played Civ III forever and finally adjusted to Civ IV a year after the release. I love the changes they introduced with Warlords and Beyond the Sword. It's finally a complete game. I almost always play Epic games on Prince level with Roosevelt and try to win cultural victories and fall back on other options if that fails. If I can found 3 religions and stay near the tech lead so I can produce wonders with my Industrious leader, I can't be stopped. I specialize my cities, but tend to change them from industrious to financial as the game progresses. I always use the Oracle to get Theology right after I learn Writing. Now that the Apostolic Palace is available with Theology, it's even a better strategy. My strategies seem to be solid, but I haven't tried too many alternatives. I'm interested to hear how other people have learned to play at a high level. I probably need to move up a level to test my skills, but I want to learn more about BTS first. Unfortunately there's not enough time for Civ IV in a 24-hour day!

I have played Civ from the Civ III, and it's expansions. I am much of an solo player, because of those frauds and barbary players in internet play. There isn't space for beginner-like Civ players in those internet lobbys.

I am waiting to get both of those expansions for Civ IV. Until then, I continue playing these I already have. I admit I am a bit hooked on strategy games, especially Civ's.

Good time for playing for You all! :goodjob:

Hello all! I have been playing civilizations from CIV II. Last Year I moved to Trondheim in Norway and then played a lot with Vikings in Warlords since I am living in Nidaros :D

Lately I am playing in random civilization and random map in Monarch, and I cannot survive after they came after me with their rifles and I try to defend with my swords... :(

Any way, I start all over again, and try one more time, and loose again... So I guess I like hard games, even if I am not able to win. And believe it or not, It is fun to me!

I am more in marathon class of game, even I tryied this in pitboss... yeah ... pitboss... I am looking forward to start again playing at pitboss.

Have fun!

Hi ho everyone i joined because ive enjoyed when i first played it on Ps1 but now that ive got a pc. I can play more interactively with everyone. This Sid Justice telling everyone to get there game on LOL.

Hi all, been playing civ since the original. But have never had success beyond the middle difficulties and then I discovered this site just days ago. No, I don't surf the web much. Currently playing civ4 with limited success at the noble level and looking to improve on that and seeing all the great posts promises me that all will be better from now on.:) Thanks for a great site.....................................Mikanius

Top Bottom