Welcome New Members

hello all I just joined here about a week ago, and find this site an awesome place for answers to all the civ games. Just bought colonization so now trying to learn the ropes to that. Happy sailing!

I've been a Civ player since the mid-90's, starting with Civ 2. I think my brother still plays it on a regular basis on my parents' old computer--even though he's in his late 30's & I my early 40's. I always considered this a fun version of chess.

Thanks for the helpful tips...it's nice not to get my arse handed to me quite as often.

Hello! I have been playing Civilization for years. I have benn reading these forums for a while but now I have decided to sing up:)

Question:How do you write stuff into your signature?

Hello. Been playing Civ on and off since the first one. Just got back in to civ big time with the Fall from Heaven 2 mod so thought I might as well register.

Good day!

I'm a relatively new and mediocre Civ player. I started with Civ4 vanilla perhaps two years ago, and haven't yet tried multiplayer.

Hi! As sugested I post a hello I'm new here message.

About me:

24 years old, Male, Sweden.
Student att The Royal Institute Of Technology. My main subjects of study Is Law, Economics, Math, Realestate, Computing.

I have been playing civ since the first release on the amiga 500. Loved it then, since then I've played different versions from time to time but now after i moved to Stockholm and got more time for my self i began playing civ 4 and I'm completly hooked!

The only thing I never tried is Multiplayer, so if anyone would like to play with a "newbie" who is more interested in diplomacy and science then warfare I would be more than happy.

For communication Im fluent in Swedish, English (not gramathicaly yet thou), Understand Norweigan good and som basic German. But preferly someone who communicates in either Swedish or English would be of interest since none of my friends have time for a true civ game, we mostly play shorter rts games.

Now is my warlords install ready and Im about to try the world map 24civ mod direct, either as my navtiv people the vikings or as Joseph Stalin just to try the interesting part of running my own soviet ;)

Thats all of me.

Hope we can all have a great time here at the forum and that I can come to some use in the future.

Best regards.

Robert from Sweden.

Hi

I'm probably a bit of an oddity. I've been playing Civilization 1 for years and I can't get enough of it even now, 15 years later. I've never played any of the other games in the series, although I did buy Civilization Chronicles recently and have been playing Civilization 1 on that and will probably move on to 2, 3, and 4 eventually.

Hi!

I have played with Civ2 Multiplayer Gold, enjoying the great grade of modability, and then Civ3, Civ3 Play the World and currently Civ4 (all for Mac).
I am utterly frustrated by the lack of CIV 4 BTS for Mac. I usually favor peaceful perfectionistic strategy, except for most scenarios, where I usually fight my opponents one by one.

I've been playing Civ since civ I and have always enjoyed it as a great form relaxation and fun. My hope is that the Civ world keeps growing and offering more choices as to how we like to play and how we like to win.

Hello Im 31 years old I just recently bought the game of the year edition of civilization 4. I am a big computer gamer. I came across this site on the civ4 homepage. My real name is Tom.

Hello everybody!
Well, I actually don't know what's interesting about me... I enjoy playing Civ4 (especially), but I'm not the quite professional gamer. At the moment I'm trying to create some mods, and that's one reason for my registration: I need some help ;)
So... I hope for good conversations here in the forums.
(Who's maybe interested in my personal stats and so on can pm me:) )

Hello Civfanatics.

I'm Dave. I just joined today after deciding to jump back into some Civ games. This is something I have to be careful about because of how addictive they are. :) I fell in love with the series playing the PlayStation version of Civilization II in the late mid-'90s and bought the PC version shortly after my first PC. I still love Civ 2, but my favorite Civ has to be Alpha Centauri. I never cared much for Civ 3, at least compared to the others, but I'm starting to get into both Civ 4 (vanilla) and Civ 2: Test of Time's Fantasy game.

I've been in need of some turn based strategy for a while, and don't feel like learning GalCiv 2's massive tech tree for a while, though I occasionally play a bit further in the campaign. I guess that's about it about me. I look forward to learning more in depth strategies and playing at increased difficulty levels.

High I'm a bit of an oldie and got bored playing the original Civ - could beat it easily on highest level - so gave up years ago. Got hold of Civ 2 and only played a handful of games when my son gave me the complete works of Civ4 for fathers day this year. Have played only a handful of games mainly on Noble to get the hang of it. I have won a couple of games (space race) and one conquest (on warlord). I am absolutely fasinated by diplomacy and cultural victories.

Hi folks in Civ 4 Land:
Thanks for ALL the help the wizards in here, provide in detail.
Newbie to the forum, just joined today.
Seeking help with activating two options in espionage, listed in the manual:
1. How to activate the "Kill Spy", option, and,
2. How to activate the "No spies allowed to enter", option.
Cannot seem to get these to show up. Patch 3.17 has been downloaded.
Thanks in advance,
Desi.

Hi,
New to the form, and thought I better obey the banner telling me to introduce myself. Brand new to the Civ games, but long-time player of both simulation and strategy war games. A friend was surprised I never tried Civ and recommended it. A bit overwhelmed with it at the moment (especially the fine-line between starvation and over-crowding), but enjoying the game and this site!

Been playing with Civ 4 Complete for a bit -- previously played Civ II, as well as games from the significantly more obscure Dominions and Space Empires series, lately downloaded the WoC modpack and wondering what more can be done in various aspects.

Hi, i've been reading the strategies and stories found on this site for some time now,
and i must say this is the no.1 site for the no.1 game!

Hi. Played Civ2 ages ago. Recently bought Civ3 Complete from ebay and absolutely LOVE it. Came across this site via DENOUEMENT's Gamefaqs walkthru guide. (DENOUEMENT, if by some miracle you happen to read this, A MASSIVE THANKYOU for bringing this to my attention) Looks a top site

Top Bottom