Welcome New Members

HEY EVERYBODY ! PLEASE HELP !

I came over from Civ III and cannot find what should be obvious: How do you spend gold for technologies??? I've got a ton of gold accumulated but can't spend it. The button is probably there but I'm just not seeing it.

A more modest problem: If you garrison a warrior in a city, how do you wake him up again.

Your help will be much appreciated.

- goat.

Hey y'all :band:

@goat: you can't spend gold to research a technology. You can devote more money to it by sliding the flask to the left or right, but you can't speed up a tech.

To wake a warrior garrisoned in a city, just click on him. Hope that helps :)

Hi everyone.

I've been reading the civfanatics forums for a couple of weeks now. Since I can play civ at work :), I satisfy my addiction by reading strategies...

Thought I would say hello... my names Matt, from East London. I've been playing Civ since Civ2 and have signed up to get some advice on map modding

Well I've lurked for almost a year now, so it's time to pony up and post. I've played Civ since 2 and am playing (with mixed feelings) 5 right now.

I feel I need to establish my "one more turn" cred, so here it goes. I caused a kitchen fire playing Civ II. I set a pot on the stove and went back to finish building the Pyramids or something. Pot boiled, boiled all the water away, and caught fire. :run: My parents were rather pissed.

Just wanted to say hello :)

I have played civ ...since CIV2. But have not been active in here ... but here I am.

Hi people

Just joined your excellent forum....Looking forward to everything i will find on the forum.

Played civ 3 but mostly civ 4.....got civ 5 now and thought it's time for me to join the forum.

Thanks for all the info...

Hi all,
Just purchased my first Civ game, Civ 5. Have (had?) the AoE series, Empire Earth, and Rise of Nations - those were real fun.

This is my first turn-based game, and so far I like it. Less "anarchy" (if you can call it that) than the AoE and EE series, and more strategy, as each move across the game must have some planning.

A friend of mine had Risk II on his laptop (jesus - that was almost 10 years ago) and I played that a lot. That's what comes to mind when I play this game.

My first observation: Nebuchadnezzar is a jack***, and every game I've played so far has Japan as one hell of a dominator.

Look forward to some discussions!. So far every question I've posed on Google points me back to this site, and that's why I signed up.

- Joe

Hello,

I am from Paris, France.

Played civilization since the first one until civ4.

Looking for strategies, mods, maps, ...

Thanks

Hello folks. This is great to such such a big community.

I am new to CIV and am playing civ IV and probably will stay here with this one.
I am even learning new words and learning a little history... so its good for my brain

:)

Mike Bruce

Hello folks. This is great to such such a big community.

I am new to CIV and am playing civ IV and probably will stay here with this one.
I am even learning new words and learning a little history... so its good for my brain

:)

Mike Bruce

Welcome. :)

Hi :) Civ freak from croatia reporting in, been scavenging the forums for a while, but since ciV is out decided to reg :)

I am a Chinese. From China, Baidu Post Bar CIV5. English is not very good. Replies Google Translate now need help. Also please do not mind. he he . Like to play single games, while secretly say that the West's ancient war, the war a good number of small, 262 BC, China entered the war took place on the number of millions of people war of changping ... ...

Straight from the barren lands of Adun, Tarsonis and what not, and into the battle for Earth it self...

New here but old to the way and game of Civ, always loved the game and is now messing around in this the newest.

Top Bottom