Welcome New Members

Yet another lurker whose gone legit. I started with I and tried everything since then, including Alpha Centuri, but keep coming back to III. I'm a cultural builder, at heart.

Just bought Civilization Revolution for iPad -- my first Mac product -- and hope to figure out the tiny interface soon.

Hello, brand new member, learning to 3d model and also working on a mod for Sudden Strike 3 Arms for Victory, making a modern warfare mod, from Dien Bien Phu through to a fictional WW3.

Recently bought a CIV III combo pack after being a Civ addict back in the 1980's when it first came out (on a Mac :)). Saw the MOD's doing a google search and downloaded a couple (haven't quite figured out how to make everything work yet though, Windows 7 makes things interesting to say the least. That's about it for now, hopefully I can figure out how to run this Zombie MOD it looks awesome.

Greetings, CivFanatics!

I just registered on this forum, even though I have known about it and read it for a few weeks already. I am a veteran gamer in my mid-thirties, with strategy games and RPG's being my favourite genres. My love of strategy games derives from me being a historian as well.

As a teenager, I extensively played the very first Civilization almost twenty years ago. I also had a brief look at Civilization: Call to Power later on, but basically moved on to other series of strategy games. Especially the ones by Paradox Interactive, like Europa Universalis III etc. In recent years, I have been playing a lot of EUIII with the excellent Magna Mundi mod.

My interest in the Civilization series was recently rekindled by the release of Civilization V. A gaming buddy got it and I played it for a bit at his house, but I did not buy the game myself because I was somewhat disappointed and I could see from the comments on the web that many of the old followers of the series are disappointed as well. It does seem like the developers dumbed down the game somewhat and also released it before it was fully finished (an all too common practice these days). I also don't like Steam. That said, I think it is far too early to give up hope in Civilization V. With an expansion or two, plus the work of the modding community, it might still become a great game.

Still, playing a Civilization game again inspired me to buy Civilization IV, which is a much more polished and complex game these days than its still-young sequel, obviously. I like it a lot, and I am currently checking out the mods for it, like Rise of Mankind.

So, you will probably be hearing more from me on these forums.

Hello my fellow civ-ers,
just registered to this site and thought id say hi. Also was hoping someone who has experience in downloading and adding mods could explain to me where to put a new playable civ file. I noticed there is a bunch of interesting ones in the downloads section but before i download one i need to know where to put it lol. Anyway thanks for letting me be a part of ur community.
- GoOdF3lLaZ

I joined an age ago but have only lurked. Now with Civ V, I'm finding I'm more interested in the depths (other iterations of Civ I just played on the easier levels). So I'm digging around for advice.

TIA for all the dumb questions I'll ask in the future.

This is my first post on these forums, so hello everyone.

I'll share my Civ history as my opener. I played Civ first when I was really young on a 286 or 386 machine and remember turns taking a really long time to process. So, I held off playing Civ2 because the turn length from the first Civ scared me. I got Civ2 quite a while after the game was released. I think I had a AMD Athalon Machine so it was probably 1999/2000 and so the game ran quite nicely even in the late game. I skipped Civ3 for whatever reason. I played Civ4 a year after Beyond the Sword came out so around 2008 and again I had a machine the eliminate most of the wait times.

Now I have Civ5, breaking my tradition of waiting. I have my issues with the game such that even on a high end machine maps larger than medium take a very long time to process turns (depending on the amount of land). Second there seems to be a bug that causes saves and loads to take excessively long and crash ocassionally. The leap from Civ4:BTS seems more lateral when comparing my previous experiences.

But the game is fun and the hex/non-stacking units bring a new element to the game although unit movement is now more fustrating and tedious.

Anyways, hope share and learn from everyone.

hello, all!
i have played civ3 complete for about 8 mos. now. don't plan on going with iv or v for a long, long time. will take forever to master 3. get really frustrated with military battles when a 1.1.1 warrior kills my knight! just ain't right! but will keep trying to master it. hope some tips from this site will help. glad to find this!

hello everyone. ive new to civ 5. its just one thing. i cant get the game to play. is it anything i should install to make it work. im using windows 7. maybe thats the problem. someone please help

Hello, everyone! I'm new to the boards, and Civilization V. I played some of the previous versions as a kid and I still love them as well as the management/wargame style of the series in general. I'm currently a student in mathematics and intend to pursue a graduate and hopefully professional career in the field.

Hello all :)

@decdevero1979: This is not the best place to talk about such problems, I suggest that you go to the technical support section of this forum and describe your problem in detail - what happens when you try to run the game, your system specs etc.

(Windows 7 is certainly not the problem, many people have it these times, and have no problems running Civ5.)

I don't know how to avoid the cliche but here I am, a new member.

Hello everyone!

I've played em all right up till 5 which I haven't bothered getting around to yet. I still love civ4 enough that the urgency that I felt when rev came out hasn't hit me yet.

:goodjob:

I'm not a mod wizard or anything, in fact being new here (and late the to the savvy party) I'm looking to learn a thing or two about it.

~Reth

Hey everyone.

Kinda just dropped in to checkout the buzz on CV and got hooked on the story threads and ended up registering!

Been thrashing CivII forever, as recently as a few months ago. Thought I'ld get CV but I see my system won't handle it and might wait till the bugs are ironed out too. Also, like some others, I don't like Steam either.

I'm dirt poor, have an antiquated system (won't even embarrass myself by saying what) and dial-up (oh for broadband), so . . . CivIV might have to do in the meantime but from what I read about it I will be totally into it. I hope there is plenty of people out there that will be sticking with CivIV for some time to come. I hope to be able to contribute to the stories and tales thread too.

I love to build beautiful, peaceful empires and I'll kill anyone who gets in my way!

Top Bottom