Welcome New Team Members

I'm here, and let me introduce myself...

About me: I'm a 21 yr old finance honors student at DePaul University, engaged to be married in Aug. 2007.

My strategy gaming history/philosophy: Started with Age of Empires, C&C, SimCity, and various Tycoon games. I always think a strong economy should be the first and foremost priority, then defense, and then any aggressive actions. As for civ, I suppose I can be considered a newbie even though I've owned civ II: test of time for years. I guess I didn't like some of the features of it, so never got into it. My fiance just bought me civ III complete and I like the changes they made, so I've been playing it during all of my free time, slowly working my way up the difficulty levels.

My expectations: Have some fun, check in as much as I can (probably often during times when I'm working), but I will be limited since I do have a full-time job and I'm a full time student.

Welcome [party] - a new team member who actually posted!!! :band:

You are joining us at an interesting time - we are preparing for a war against our previous best friends who are on the verge of betraying us. Our economy will be suffering short-term, but hopefully we can rebuild it fast. Feel free to jump in all discussions with any suggestions, opinions, or questions anytime.

:wavey: Oh and what the Prez didn't mention ... you already have a worker named after you ... so you are already in a civil lather, sweating hard improving your team's infrastructure ;)

Great to have you, GB! If you stay up with our team forum, you will learn quite a bit. I've already learned more than I imagined I would.

My fiance just bought me civ III complete...

Does this mean I'm not the only one with a Mac? :)

No, you probably are still the only one with a Mac. I refuse to buy Apple anything (including iPod - I have a Creative Zen Micro instead). They should just face it - they need to make their things much more compatible. I can just be quite frugal from time to time (hence my interest in Finance at school), and have waited until Civ4 came out and the price on Civ3 went down.

Welcome Atrahasis [party]

Hope you enjoy the MIA experience :D

Any questions just ask ... the stickied threads may assist you in acclimatising.

Wanted to post an official welcome to our new (and active!) member, TheInfamousPops!

We're going to need a nickname for you! :lol: IPops maybe?

Anyway, Welcome! And I look forward to working with you! (when I get back from vacation)

:beer: [party] :beer:

To help catch you up on MIA history, I suggest you start with our History Thread
Hopefully that will be helpful in catching you up on what's gone on!

Great to have you!

- General W, Domestic Minister.

Hey thanks for the welcome, Pops is fine. I've already spent much more time than I should have reading on the teams actions, but didn't come across the history thread, I'll give it a read.

thanks again.

Welcome, Dutchfire!
This game is entering it's final stages, but we welcome you to be as involved as you'd like to be for these remaining turns.

The MIA Imperial History thread is a good place to start to understand where MIA has come from, and where we might be going.

If you have any questions about integration into MIA, please don't hesitate to post in this thread. Any questions about the past should likewise be posted here.

Thoughts, comments, and suggestions about the future (and present) situation of MIA should be confined to the relevant threads. So, build queues are the reign of the Domestic Minister, and should be discussed in his thread; relations with KISS are dealt with in the KISS thread, etc. There are two first-page threads that are decidedly not for just anyone to post in. The "Instructions for the President" thread is just that: where the president (turnplayer) goes to find the orders for executing the turn. Don't post there unless you are a Minister of something - he might get confused ;). Likewise, the "State of the Empire" thread is a complete record of the actions carried out by the president for that turn. It is purely an archival thread.

So dig in, and start asking us questions. Everyone here is very helpful

(this post stolen largely from Peter Grimes with minor edits ;) )

welcome to MIA dutchfire. :)

Glad to see some new blood! I'm also glad to see General_W has relinquished any claim to modesty by plugging his [propaganda] History Thread.... His appeal to my ego, notwithstanding.

Dutchfire - MIA has played an outstanding game, and I sincerely hope you have time to read up on how this game has gone. The next 10ish turns are going to be tremendously fun to be a part of :)

Hello team MIA,
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm reading our Imperial History now. Good job so far. Hopefully I can help us win.

[Shameless plug] I'll be updating the History thread here very soon I hope - so that should get you a bit closer to our present day history-in-the-making. [/Shameless Plug]

In the meantime, State of Empire threads 9 and 10 should catch you up most easily. Feel free to ask any questions!

:salute:

What are our plans for the future? Invade the other continent?
I haven't ever played any expansion pack of CIV III, just vanilla and I wasn't even very good at that, so I don't know how hard it is to land on their shore.

The Grand StrategyThread has a record of most of our deliberations on that topic, Dutch.

I would start around post #650 or so. That's when we determined that DNUTs could no longer be allowed to benefit from our inaction.

Another place to check is the Term X Defense Ministry.

But, in a nutshell: The Plan

Build Bombers. Bomb DNUT cities and Kiss cities until they are very weakly defended, then move in with Marine to take the town. Then move Cavalry into the town, and use their 3 move capability to march into the next town, which will likely not have much defense. Move along rails to the next town, take it, &c until we reach the domination limit. When our turn is complete, we will have surpassed the Domination limit, winning the game. Basically, the turn we start our invasion is also the last turn of the game. T

Top Bottom