Welcome to Fury Road!

Password to extract ? You mean you already downloaded the file, but can not unpack the Zip archive ?

Whar software you are using to unpack it ? Tre the defaulr unzipper that is built in in the Windows Explorer.

There are no "major" changes in this release. There are a whole lot of minor ones, so I have grouped them by "theme". The ones which will have the most effect on gameplay are highlighted in italics.

* Leaderhead updates
+ First brand new leaderhead artwork! Peter, by refar
+ Background text for three LH: Halloween Jane and Christopher Lehman, by jabie, and Stein, by KillerClowns.
+ Updated leaderhead for Halloween Jane, also by refar; deleted two "least post-apocalyptic-looking" leaderheads Montezuma and Shiro. There are now no "vanilla" LH in the mod!
+ Added four sets of themed city names

* Make "early death" less common
+ Animals can no longer capture cities.
+ When a start position has less than 4 surplus food in its BFC, add a food resource.
+ If you got Small Arms early, for example by a goody hut, then you would be unable to build troops quickly. The survivor (15 hammers) was obsoleted by the guardian (60 hammers). Added upgrade path from survivor to machine gunner, so the unit obsoletes later.

* Changes to "vision" mechanic
+ Renamed visions to avoid strong linkage to government civics.
+ A popup will appear when 25% of the population supports any vision, so you are less likely to be surprised by a vision loss.
+ Non-state visions will decay in cities. Each non-state vision has a small chance per turn to be removed from the city, faster if there is a city hall, and much faster if there is a capitol.
+ Lower chance for vision to spread along trade routes by 1/3
+ Organized trait gets 2x build speed for advocates.

* Several bug fixes regarding refueling
+ When one unit runs out of gas, some other units in the stack might not be checked.
+ In some cases the AI fuel truck was not destroyed after refueling.
+ When refueling a stack including empty units, some of the units might be skipped.
+ When several units were refueled, their refuel turn counters were not set to the same values.

* Changes to safety mechanic
+ Add car-henge wonder, watchtower building for safety victories.
+ Great protector no longer lightbulbs technologies but can build a Rangers Guild.
+ Rename Creative to Vigilant, 2x build speed for barricade.

* Unit tweaks to improve diversity
+ Flamethrower becomes anti-infantry (guardian counter) since we already have AT infantry as vehicle counter.
+ Remove City Raider promotion from all wheeled vehicles.
+ Replace ranger promotion and guerilla series with woodsman series, big terrain bonuses for infantry and cavalry only.
+ Combine "gun" unitcombat, which had guardian, into "ranged".
+ Ute: increase strength to 10, give it an iAIWeight 100.
+ Catapult: reduce strength from 10 to 8, increase bombard damage from 8 to 16.
+ Remove jeep crossbow and survivor biker. Not popular enough.
+ Foot units get "less" speed benefit on highways

* Units found in ruins
+ Industrious trait now 2x likely to get these units.
+ Total of six hero units now available: Cleaver, Eagle, Ghost, Tankbuster, Tank Gal, and Wanderer.
+ There will no longer exist multiple "copies" of the same hero at the same time. If killed, the hero may re-appear later.

* Graphic changes
+ Bug fix to disappearing city textures, by refar
+ Double uzi guy by seZereth.
+ Re-added "madmax" unit as Wanderer, by GarretSidzaka.
+ Updated jeep by The_Coyote and refar.
+ Guardian attack animation fix by The_Coyote.
+ Reduced scale of ute, increased scale of capitol.

btw: thanks for making this mod. i just started to beta test this one two days ago, and i must say i like it :)

comment: can you explain the map script, and maybe perhaps release a couple more that are different?

If you don't mind me asking... do you have any particular timeframe for .9? I don't need an exact date just "a few more days/weeks/months/years/centuries/aeons."

Actually I was going to build the release yesterday, but seZereth came back to say he was going to make a few more units. So I will hold the release a little longer, like till the weekend.

Actually I was going to build the release yesterday, but seZereth came back to say he was going to make a few more units. So I will hold the release a little longer, like till the weekend.

you mean buildings ;)
but i can tell you, i will not have time tomorrow and on saturday. earliest next date i can guess that I have time for the fort and watchtower might be sunday :/

Major changes

"Vision" victory graphics and mechanism changed
* Renamed everything "vision" to "capitol". So instead of a vision victory, you have a capitol victory. The idea is the same but the implementation and graphics are new.
* Instead of 6 generic visions, each civ has its own vision.
* Advocates can remove "enemy" capitol influence from a city with a new action button.
* A capitol victory warning popup comes at 25% and 50%.
* If a player changes state religion, and they owned a capitol, they are giving up on it: so it is automatically destroyed.
* If a capitol is destroyed, by razing or conversion, its influence is removed from all cities.
* Capitol screen now scrolls, and only shows founded capitols
* Fixed annoying bug where unfounded capitols showed as a magenta square in the religion screen
Changed movement rates of foot and animal units
* Jeckel's new JRouteNative modcomp allows different units to have different road speed benefits
* Animals now get no road or highway speed benefits, so they are less likely to spring on you from outside the fog of war.
* Foot units (survivor, guardian, etc) now treat highway as road, so only wheeled units get the speed benefit of highways.
Leaderhead improvements:
* Stein leaderhead (aranor's spadines) modified further by bernie14
* Added background text: jabie wrote Viktor, Ironhead, Kilobyte, Peter, Mick; KillerClowns wrote Brandi, Ares
* New flags and colors for Viktor (phoenix, red), Brandi (unicorn, pink), Stevie (tiedie, blue), Peter (castle, light purple), Tinker (orange, mushroom cloud), Kilobyte (transistor, dark yellow), Debbie (sword and wings, white)
* Deleted Max and Keith
* Change kilobyte from shaka anims to montezuma

Minor changes

* New building, ammo factory, required for jeep and guardian, so it is a little harder to build guardian units.
* Mutant animals can now pillage cottages, farms and pastures. You should be sure to keep some units near home to protect against them.
* Change all AIs to make more farms, should decrease difference between human player pop and AI pop
* Barracks no longer gives free XP for wheeled units, only melee and ranged, so the ute will no longer start at level 2
* Turn back ute strength to 8
* Eagle (hero) can no longer pillage, but gets free Sentry promotion
* Use "counter" AI instead of "city defense" for fuel trucks, so trucks should stack with attack units instead of hiding in cities
* Bug fix: for horse resource next to city, wild horse could pop on city, destroying it.
* Hero units start at level 4, 15 XP; you can level them a little but you will only get another 2 promos from a GG instead of another 6.
* In case of *really* poor start positions, add two food bonus. If adding food bonus, remove forest/jungle.
* Pedia promotions page now shows text for custom promotions rad-immune, less fuel and gas tank. Pedia building page now shows text for vision decay effect of city hall and capitol

Graphic changes

* Utility truck graphics change for different combinations of promotions. Graphics by refar.
* New buildings for fort, watchtower, and city walls by seZereth

Giving me Fallout might be actually very conter-productive, since i can't play it and make art at the same time... :p
(But i had it anyway, so don't worry.)

Giving me Fallout might be actually very conter-productive, since i can't play it and make art at the same time... :p
(But i had it anyway, so don't worry.)

I never had it so I saw where a lot of the ideas came from after playing this. I figured if others had only seen Mad Max or whatever they might get more insperation...

Ha! Fury Road has just passed the Star Wars mod in terms of number of posts to its sub-forum! Arda and Revolution, look out here we come.

[party]:band:[party]

:goodjob:

listened to modcast...
well done david :)

wish you guys all the best, keep it up!

Top Bottom