1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Fury Road!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fury Road Modpack' started by davidlallen, Jun 29, 2008.

1. davidlallen

davidlallen Deity

Major changes

* Fixed out-of-sync problem caused by action buttons.
    * Replaced punk biker unit, somehow accidentally removed in version 9.
    *When the first player reaches 50% capitol coverage, all the AI players now close their borders. This may help prevent a "capitol sprint victory".

Minor changes

* Mapscript no longer generates islands.
    * The popup which appears when the first player reaches 25% capitol coverage now points out the explanation in the civilopedia.
    * New hero, Fireball, driving a utility truck with flamethrower: art by refar.
    * Leaderheads: Halloween Jane now Halloween Jack using art formerly from Brian. Replaced Brian with Martha using art formerly from Halloween Jane, new background by Jabie, new civ name and flag. Added background for Tinker by Jabie with new civ name and flag.
    * Remove spoken quotes for all technologies.

Graphic changes

* New art for caravan which transports units found in ruins, with several different loads, by refar.
    * New graphic for car-henge wonder by refar
    * New graphic for Tankbuster, Mustang with huge gun, by The_Coyote

2. davidlallen

davidlallen Deity

Version 10 correction! If you downloaded version 10 on its first day, September 28, please re-download. There was a major bug which would throw a python exception in the city management screen, when you move the mouse over the great people management section of the screen, at the right. It was only a few lines correction in one python file, so I am not going to bump up to version 11.

3. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Emperor

Aw, hell. My new computer doesn't have Civ IV installed yet. Time to go digging for CDs...

4. Randomness

Randomness ...

:dunno:Just a general comment. This mod doesn't have to really be Australia. It could be any arid island. Even if it is Australia, THIS IS A GAME, so chill. We don't need to figure out what resources Australia has and does not have. That is all...:dunno:

5. Refar

Refar Deity

Amen. .....

6. armyguy

armyguy Chieftain

i got Fury Road to run :D i got the v3.17 Update and it runs lol

7. Revolucion09

Revolucion09 Chieftain

will download and try with a friend on MP. Sounds really cool! though more info would be appreciated

8. davidlallen

davidlallen Deity

What additional info would you like? There is documentation in the "Fury Road" page of the civilopedia, and there are several FAQ's in the second post in this thread.

9. madmoe68

madmoe68 Chieftain

Mod loads fine but cuts to desk top when game starts really would like to play this cool azz mod I'm a big fan:nuke:

10. madmoe68

madmoe68 Chieftain

Oh ya I got Vista could it be f-ing the mod up?

11. Jabie

Jabie Wanted in Monte Carlo...

Vista works fine. (I have it too) I have had to turn off User Account Control to get mods working in the past, so you could try that if you haven't already.

12. madmoe68

madmoe68 Chieftain

All installed fine mod loads all gose good till game map loads dosent ask for permision or nothin just CTD then error message program needs to close

13. madmoe68

madmoe68 Chieftain

I unziped to BTS mods folder all went fine I can access the mod all ways just CTD happens just when map is about to apear this is flustrating I really wat to play this mod

14. madmoe68

madmoe68 Chieftain

OK fixed thanx for some reason my vires protection had somethng to do with it. Mod works great thank you Im a huge fan of MAD MAX wo wo!!! You put a lot of work into this and I really think it's almost perfect. Not much to change or improve. I'll let you know more as I play THANX AGAIN!!

15. Brugarin

Brugarin Warlord

Awesum mod. :D Just layed my eyes on it first today. Congrats, my first game actually felt great. It took me by surprize here and there and I hope I could lend a hand to improve this mod one way or another.

16. davidlallen

davidlallen Deity

We'd love to hear more feedback! Please start new threads, or use the existing "version 10 playtest feedback" thread.

17. Astaldo711

Astaldo711 Warlord

Is this working with 3.19? I was really enjoying this mod when my computer went crazy and I had to reformat. Haven't installed this again but happy it's still around!:)

18. davidlallen

davidlallen Deity

So far nobody has tried it with 3.19. It may work. See also this thread.

19. Muad-Dib

Muad-Dib Chieftain

It crashed on startup for me, but then I removed the DLL and now it works.

20. davidlallen

davidlallen Deity

Thanks for the confirmation. You will find the only difference the dll makes, is whether animals can use roads. I will see if I can find a volunteer to update the dll to 3.19.