WH fantasy mod question...

laski

Chieftain
Hi I have a simple question about WH fantasy mod v2.0

I the mod translated to other languages ?? I am from Argentina and all of my civ3 versions are in spanish, and if I wanna play the mod, I must rename /duplicate all the units used by the mod (for example, the settler unit, in spanish is Colono, and I have to duplicate it and rename the dir to settler if I dont wanna lose my original language units), and I must duplicate it because a lot of units of the mod use sounds of original units, and the dir path of each sound is in english

Well That's all Hope you can help me

Thanks

I haven't seen any translation. If you want to play the mod I'm afraid you'll have to do the translation yourself. :(
The renaming that was done in the french/german/spanish versions of vanilla civ3 is really a pain...

Hello,
Mods on this site are done in english only and obviously won't work with Spanish/French/German version by default. As you pointed out, in order to play english mods, you need to duplicate and rename all the original civ3 files (as far as I know, only vanilla civ3 has this problem, PTW and C3C were localized properly and will work without modifications).

I don't speak Spanish, but I can help you with this partially. There are batch files available for both German and French versions. These batches automatically copy and rename all the needed files. You should be able to modify such batch for Spanish version - it will be a bit faster than manual copying and renaming for sure. Obviously, this process won't harm your original spanish folders.

Here is the link to the batch file for French version, by Civpax:
http://www.civpax.com/dow/details.php?id=79
(click on Télécharger maintenant)

If you happen to modify the file for Spanish version, please let me know. I'd like to post all three batches in the mod's thread.

Thank you for your help, I will check the batch file tomorrow!

Top Bottom