Whales and Whalingboat Development Thread

Hey, well I haven't worked on any mods in a while. Been working a whole lot lately and also having to go out of town. I did however pick up a laptop recently. Spent most of the weekend time I had loading up all the files I needed in order to do Modding on it. We are leaving tomorrow to work out of town again for a few days but this time I'll be able to take my mod gear with me. So, I'll be checking this mod out and working on Middle ages mod as well.

I don't know if it has been decided, but maybe the finished resource good be perfume.

If you want to be historically authentic, the refined product should be candles. Factories for making spermaceti candles were actually one of the first manufacturing industries in the English colonies, and it was a pretty big business.

Technically, they didn't turn whale oil into candles, spermaceti was a different product than the blubber oil. But for game purposes it would work.

Ambergris (a digestive residue from sperm whales) was used to make perfume, but it was never as big a manufacturing business as candles.

so whatever happened to this? is it now just part of the planatation and AOD mod? or did this never get added to it?

Top Bottom