What are you running Civ V on and how well does it work?

Carwyn

Prince
I figured it would be great to know what systems DO run the game, what actually it takes to have it run at all, what it doesn't run on and what runs it well. Any takers?

e8400 @ 3ghz. hd4850 512 mb
just under 2 gigs of RAM... the large and giant map sizes can cause the game to crash on loading...

if it loads though everything seems to run fine on high settings. turns can take a bit long on large games. diplomacy quality needs to be tuned down though. not sure if that's a memory or graphics issue

I got:

AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 620 Processor (2.61 ghz)
4 GB RAM
Windows 7, 32 bit
GeForce GTS 250 card with 2.4 GB RAM

Runs perfect on mine with everything cranked up to the maximum.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
4094MB RAM
Windows Vista 64bit Home Premium
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (specifically 4870 x2)
Approx. Total Memory 2296

but I have crossfire disabled, so half that. Runs perfectly.

I figured it would be great to know what systems DO run the game, what actually it takes to have it run at all, what it doesn't run on and what runs it well. Any takers?

What are your specs? :rolleyes:

core duo 2.2 ghz
9400 gt 512 megs
4 gigs ram

running bare bones graphics, bought 2 hours in, runs smooth looks like trash. Started with 4 civs, and now theres only 3 :). I let you know how middle game goes, tomorrow.

Intel COre 2 Duo T8100 2.1GHz 800MHz FSB

Nvidia Geforce 8800M GTS 512MB

4GB RAM Windows 7 64-bit

After installing the latest drivers, I can play the game on DX-11 mode on all High Settings and AAx2 flawlessly, albeit with a crash of which I have narrowed down the cause. The laptop (yes laptop) I am running this on is two years old, and can run the game on high despite being well below the "recommended" settings. I think they did a pretty good job of scaling it.

Amd965 @ 3.8 ghz
4870 crossfired with 4850
6gb of ram
Kingston SSD drive

All on high and runs great, side note first impression of game(not as good as I hoped)

im running it on a Pentium core 2 quad 2.66ghz with 3gb RAM and a nVidia GTX470. all under windows 7 32bit. the graphics card is quite good, but the rest is fairly mediocre these days.

the game runs flawlessly with the dx11 version, all settings max'd including anti-aliasing. I had no frame rate issues at all. though turn times did get longer towards the end of the game, but thats nothing new for a civ game. it was nothing unbearable.

I played for 9 hours without a crash, it was surprisingly stable, considering what I've read around here about crashes.

I built my own PC a while back with an i7 920 oc'd to 3.8GHz, an XFX 5870 and 6GB of RAM.

Running the DX11 version with everything max'd and it plays beautifully!:)

Just locked up at turn 162, can't get past it even via reloading.

E6600 Core2Duo 2.2ghz
2gb RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
Windows 7

Runs fine with max resolution, vsync off, mix of low and medium settings :)
It gets a bit slower as the game gets bigger though and thinking of lowering the resolution a little.

My rig was just a little above the minimum requirements when I ran the tests.

I built my own PC a while back with an i7 920 oc'd to 3.8GHz, an XFX 5870 and 6GB of RAM.

Running the DX11 version with everything max'd and it plays beautifully!:)

Oh come on you're just here to brag... the guy clearly wants to know what he can get that will let him run Civ V and you hit him with a custom built PC with a 3.8ghz processor and 6 gigs of RAM lol.

I'm guessing if he had the ability to buy/build a pc like that he wouldn't have asked us in the first place...

Intel I-7 940 @3.2ghz
12GB RAM
2x 4870 1GB Sapphire Toxic Edition in Crossfire

Game runs smoooooooth.

Win7 64 on Intel Core2duo e6400 + nvidia gt8800 + 4gb ram
1680x1050 screen resolution

Runs well on medium... On high it's just a pain.

Weird for a turn based strategy, because mafia2 for example runs very nice, and there's a lot more to render.
And there shouldn't be really anything much computing during the turns.

Intel I-7 940 @3.2ghz
12GB RAM
2x 4870 1GB Sapphire Toxic Edition in Crossfire

Game runs smoooooooth.

That old piece of junk? Why dont you go buy a real comp man? ;)

intel core2duo 6750 2.66 ghz
4 gb
ati hd5750 1 gb

running mostly maximum settings at 1680x1050
2x AA
dx11
vsync ON (I hate graphic tears)

the game takes about 3 turns to "warm up" and then run at about 20+fps consistently when I reload a game about 1860ad on a large earth map.

when i zoom in a bit it gets up to 60fps, but when you move around and look at things it drops back to 30 or less. Some stutters when it's loading new textures or things, but eventually it smooths out once everything is in memory.

i'll be upgrading to a quad core soon, not because of this game though- due to Rise of Flight.

hth

CPU ATI Phenom II x3 720 BE ​​(AM3​​) ​​- 2,8GHz @ 3,4GHz
GPU GF GTS250 ​​- 700​​/2000​​/1500MHz @ 760​​/2400​​/1780MHz
RAM 2x2GB DDR3 1600 CL9 @ 1333 CL7

I played only the demo (EU customer :() and i have major performance problems running it with DX 10 (GTS250 suppoorts DX10). It jerking every second and it's nearly unplayable. It does not depend on settings a lot. I can also see broken textures with minimum settings.

It runs absolutely smoothely with DX9 on highest possible settings.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (Running at 3.3GHz)
GPU: 2x ATI 4770 512MB in Crossfire :yumyum:
RAM: 6GB DDR3

I am running demo on DX10 with everything on max using 4x AA and it runs good :)
I wasn't sure it would support it but I notice CIV does makes use of my 2 gfx cards in Crossfire so thats great to see :cooool:

Top Bottom