What Civ should we play as next? Trimmed version.

What Civ should we use for Demo Game 2?

• Babylon

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Germany

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • Random

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters
And the military trait helps make sure you get the armies to stick the panzers in. Even without armies though, the panzers are a phenominally effective unit. Compare what you can do with knights compared to the way you can rampage with cavalry. I love that extra movement point.

Originally posted by Civanator
yah but religious is a good trait for government switching. a strategy is to put on "Wait at the end of every turn" and during that make the switch so when the next turn starts you will be in a new Government, No Anarchy!

I dont think thats true. If you order the revolt at the end of your turn and then end the turn you will be able to choose govenment in the next turn but that is after the upkeep so you still lose the production, science etc for that turn.

Hagel Deutschland, Wunder der Welt! I think its time we try something a little different and go for a militaristic civ... plus Panzers kick and I hate Babylon. Uber alles in der Welt...

Originally posted by Octavian X
It's still beter than waiting 9 turns just to switch from republic to democracy...

True. I just wanted to make sure noone came in and saw Civanators post and thought "wow!!! no Anarchy I thought it was one turn, I got to vote for Babylon!!" and we cant have that can we??;)

I still say that random is the way to go. We should adapt as a community to the advantages/disadvatages we end up with. It is exactly the "If we had panzers, we could kick butt" discussions that make me feel that choosing a civ is a bad idea.

Shaitan is right. In the quagmire that is the Industrial Age, the movement abilities of Panzer's make them a valuable asset. Even if the goal isn't to conquer a civ, they could be used in the hands of a good commander to capture a specific objective quickly (i.e. take a stacked city in one turn, outrun rival units to anchor land for future cities, outrun and outmaneuver a "peaceful" opposing buildup so as to force them back as a deterant to war, etc.) The militaristic capability of Germany is useful in that even if we don't want a war, if we are dragged into one we can more quickly build military improvements to help us, allowing us to build cultural or economic improvements in peacetime. Militarism also brings us more Great Leaders quicker. This can allow us to a) build Armies that can devastate enemy forces, or b) hurry expensive improvements or Wonders to further our civ. For these reasons I believe we must play as Germany. Sorry for the way-too-long post.

Originally posted by Octavian X
All panzers can do is move one square more than regular tanks. That's the only difference. Babylonian Bowmen aren't any better, but the traits still are what we should be looking at.

That one extra movement point is a massive advantage used effectively.

Basically Panzers can penetrate deep into enemy territory and still attack. Or they can lay waste to a city in siege with three attacks against the city.

Plus, Panzers enjoy battlefield dominance until the mech inf comes on line, and if the Panzers are used correctly, the game will never get to that point...

Vroom, Vroom, Boom!

Bismarck looks nice in the Industrial age...

Besides, going for world domination may be nice too :tank:

i say germany militristic is a very powerful attribute and in this game we could all be a bunch of war mongers

imagine we would play germany and achive a un victory!
what a challenge would it be to play this civ on the difficulty level we chose as peacemonger?
think about it... maybe war is the least challenging mission here.

ah, so bcgl ISNT dead.
any way, at that level, war is inevitable. having a Mil civ would be good.
a relg civ is ok 4 a semi peace, but peace cant be done when they (ai) are quicker then you.

@grandmaster-
watch out euroupe, were going on tour!
i see im not the only producer fan here. (ps- i saw it!!)

Top Bottom