what civ4 has taught us

sand

under the sun
what has civ4 taught you that you wouldn't know(try not to include stuff like 'the parthenon is in london' or 'mali invaded america'

-people are twice as big as cities
-a swordsman can hit a helicoper
-a guy with a longbow can kill an injured tank
-4000bc is the dawn of man
-2050 is the end of history unless you ask nicely for another turn
-machines gunscan't attack a unit right infront of it unlss it gets attacked first
-a war elephant can live 3000 years
-if you tribute julius ceaser he will say 'did you ever know that your my hero your everything i ever want to be' or 'do you want some salad i made it myself'
-a gun shot will cause a catapult to calapse
-a countrys borders are decieded by how much culture it has

So its another one of those threads..... try 'its so unrealistic its funny'

I doubt the elephant lived 3000yrs but you replace old elephants with new. As if a horse will live for 3000 yrs. ;)

Hopefully it has taught Fireaxis what not to do in making Civ 5.
that's what you were implying right. ;)

the earlier versions of Civ (due to the age I was when I was playing them, rather than anything specific to do with Civ4) taugh me loads aobut history. Wonders of the world, ancient civs, etc.

I guess Civ1 was one of things that got me interested i nreading about such things.

riadsala said:
the earlier versions of Civ (due to the age I was when I was playing them, rather than anything specific to do with Civ4) taugh me loads aobut history. Wonders of the world, ancient civs, etc.

I guess Civ1 was one of things that got me interested i nreading about such things.

Thats true.
reading all of the history background in the civilopedia will certainly teach you a lot (or it did in civ 3 when the civilopedia ws much bigger and better)

Civ IV has taught me that some people are incapable of seperating games from reality.

It's a game - not a simulation of reality.

sand said:
what has civ4 taught you that you wouldn't know(try not to include stuff like 'the parthenon is in london' or 'mali invaded america'

-people are twice as big as cities
-a swordsman can hit a helicoper
-a guy with a longbow can kill an injured tank
-4000bc is the dawn of man
-2050 is the end of history unless you ask nicely for another turn
-machines gunscan't attack a unit right infront of it unlss it gets attacked first
-a war elephant can live 3000 years
-if you tribute julius ceaser he will say 'did you ever know that your my hero your everything i ever want to be' or 'do you want some salad i made it myself'
-a gun shot will cause a catapult to calapse
-a countrys borders are decieded by how much culture it has

/yawn

Top Bottom