What civilizations would you like to see in the game?

Do tell me if this isn't better than adding another Mali-esque civilization with goals of accumulating gold and capturing useless cities in tundra. :lol:
Who said anything about securing Tundra? Western Canada as in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, BC.
If you want war, have the Natives spawn with Musketmen in 1885 near Regina and also make it so that only the English cities could flip. A little ahistorical for the city flipping but, England controlled all of that territory and Canada eventually was given their freedom. ((I'm on a biased position))

Who said anything about securing Tundra? Western Canada as in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, BC.
If you want war, have the Natives spawn with Musketmen in 1885 near Regina and also make it so that only the English cities could flip. A little ahistorical for the city flipping but, England controlled all of that territory and Canada eventually was given their freedom. ((I'm on a biased position))

That sounds good actually. I'm all for UHV's that you can possibly fail if you don't try hard enough. :lol:

That sounds good actually. I'm all for UHV's that you can possibly fail if you don't try hard enough. :lol:
I meant make them some riflemen to simulate the Metis rebellion of 1885. Maybe include the earlier one for ***** and giggles? :)

Australia and Israel

- Poland or Hungary. Slight bias towards Poland
- Non-player Turkmen to represent the pre-Mongol steppe people, to appear between 400 and 750 in Central Asia and segue into Seljuks / Ottomans

Imo Poland works better than Hungary. Move Berlin 1W (it's a more historical position anyway), slightly buff food in the area and spawn Poland at Krakow. They should be able to found Gdansk and some Lithuanian city, and conquer Kiev to form the PLC.

Imo Poland works better than Hungary. Move Berlin 1W (it's a more historical position anyway), slightly buff food in the area and spawn Poland at Krakow. They should be able to found Gdansk and some Lithuanian city, and conquer Kiev to form the PLC.
Okay. I was meaning though with everything exactly as is.

Yeah, that would be problematic, too. But both would basically be limited to one city then, with Hungary's only advantage being that Budapest is a better spot.

Yeah, that would be problematic, too. But both would basically be limited to one city then, with Hungary's only advantage being that Budapest is a better spot.
True. With Hungary though, you could start them((not on DOC)) as the Huns and have them join in on the Barbarian Rampages. :D

True. With Hungary though, you could start them((not on DOC)) as the Huns and have them join in on the Barbarian Rampages. :D

It would be kind of cool to have a civ capable of joining in with the assrape of the Western Empire but the line of succession between Attila's Huns and post 10th century Hungary is incredibly faint.

Hungary's geographic position is extremely strong and the historical fact that Poland did better is really an accident. To a person of the 14th century an enduring Polish-Lithuanian union would have seemed incredibly unlikely, and Hungary could easily have developed into a strong kingdom with or without a Polish / Bohemian or French connection.

Just wondering why does everyone want yet another European civilization. If you put a Austrian/Hungarian/Polish one in it will probably always be crushed by Russia or Germany.

Are there any other Asian or African ones?

Australia and Zulu. And also probably some civ in Central Asia, as in 600AD starts its always empty or indie, and Mongolia doesnt do nearly what it did IRL.

Hungary's geographic position is extremely strong and the historical fact that Poland did better is really an accident. To a person of the 14th century an enduring Polish-Lithuanian union would have seemed incredibly unlikely, and Hungary could easily have developed into a strong kingdom with or without a Polish / Bohemian or French connection.
To which extent was Hungary's geographic position inherently better?

But I agree that the difference was mainly created by Hungary's bad luck. Poland was able to survive the plague without much trouble, got that useful personal union with Lithuania and had Russia collapse into chaos so they could easily grab large parts of Ruthenia.

Hungary on the other hand lacked a strong dynasty, and later on got aformidable enemy in the nearby Ottoman Empire, not to mention that the later Holy Roman Emperor's demesne was also right at their doorstep.

Edit: just realized this was my 5000th post. Wow, time flies when you're having fun.

Top Bottom