What civs are winnable in Emperor?

just finished rome on emperor. including whipping exploit, you can't even get construction in time, because of the lack of science.
took athens then carthage right away. built the lighthouse in athens. traded with babylon for monarchy and agriculture. waited for the towns in france to pop. everything else was simple. just spam prets to defend from the barbarians (no construction = no great wall), especially athens gets hit really hard.
After that its easy. let all cities flip and turtle. i took france back, had small wars with spain and england without exchange of cities and then later took egypt during a plague. hit the uhv just before taking mecca :)

whats a whipping exploit? a bug? or just sacrificing pop

In previous versions you required the buildings in every city size 5 (I believe), rather than have so many of each city. The exploit was to just whip all your cities below that size and you get credit for the criteria. I am not sure what version changed the Roman UHV, but in the newest version you require X number of each building, so pop doesn't matter.

brucedecatz,
I will try and look into it one of the coming days. Mercs and the balance of the defenders is crucial and can vary with each game.

TDK

Brucedecatz,
Sorry for the late answer. I've looked into some of the games where I took Egypt.
In all cases except 1, he had 3 troops defending(2 for size 6 + 1 for capital). I think if the city is below 6 he will have just 2 units(1 for size 3 + 1 for capital).
In one case, the culture defense was at 40% only.

If he has more units than he should, you should be able to lure the troops out in the open with workers and possibly gain some xp with your strong attackers. Or, if there is a secondary Egyptian city close the capital, you might lure some excess troops into that by threatening it.
In the emperor game I won, I managed to get the axe+sword to CR1 from killing just animals. Use your workers to make up for the lost turns by constructing roads.

In all the games where I took the capital, I bought at least 2 chariots with some upgrades. So my typical force would be something like 1 CR Sword, 1 Axe, 3 Archers, 2 C2 War Chariots.

TDK

Thanks, I will give it a try. The one time that I did try Egypt has a stack of doom of 3 axes and 1 spear somehow (none of which are mercenaries). That was rather discouraging. So I had a bad day but should count for better outcomes if I try again.

Top Bottom