What conditions need to be met for us to revolt to Monarchy?

What conditions must be met before revolting en route to Monarchy?

• Our defenses are in order

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Our offensive forces are ready for Japan

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Heroic Epic is complete

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Available luxuries are connected

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Before war starts

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • None

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shaitan

der Besucher
Please select all of the conditions that you feel are required before we revolt en route to Monarchy.

Detail:

Our defenses are in order: Swordsmen no longer garrison cities and at least one spearman is in each city.

Our offensive forces are ready for Japan: 9 horsemen have been built. Swordsmen are at or close to Japanese borders.

Heroic Epic is complete: Self explanatory

Available luxuries are connected: Spice in the south, furs in the west are connected to our trade network. If the Dye City redirect is approved then the spice and either the dyes or the furs need to be connected.

Before war starts: No declaration of war until we are in anarchy or Monarchy.

None - Give us Monarchy now!

Poll Details
This poll will remain open until the start of the Saturday Nov 15 chat. This is a quick poll in multiple choice format.

A valid condition as defined by this poll will have the support of more than half of the total voters, excluding abstainers.

This topic is being discussed in this thread.

Why a quick poll on a government switch? This is a major change for us and the effects of anarchy and a new government are significant to our growth.

Give us Monarchy now! The longer we wait, the more risk we take of enduring anarchy during a war. I say, if a settler is to be built in the next turn or two, wait until then. Otherwise, let's do it now.

Out with the despot and in with the king!

Originally posted by chiefpaco
Why a quick poll on a government switch? This is a major change for us and the effects of anarchy and a new government are significant to our growth.
Because we will receive Monarchy on the first turn of the next chat we need to see if there is overwhelming support to revolt in this upcoming chat. By using conditions instead of a blanket revolt/don't revolt we can get an accurate idea of when to revolt and this can be determined at the correct exact turn in the chat (if applicable).

It's also to support Octavian as he will be the DP on Saturday. Depending on who is assembled at the chat he may be pressured to start the revolt or not to start it and that could markedly differ from the wishes of Fanatika at large.

That said, I do not think we will be able to achieve all of the conditions that will be required from the results of this poll so I fully expect we will be returning to the discussion thread on this.

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi
If we are to have this war with Japan, and it is apparent that we must, we should dedicate all production to the war machine NOW. That means changing library production to spearmen, swordsmen or horsemen immediately. I think we should stay in Despotism during the beginning of this war so our small towns can continue to support 4 units each, and so the Heroic Epic can stay on schedule. Once that is complete, Bavaria should be able to produce relief units at a decent pace.

Also, I would suggest that the next threat we receive from Japan should be the last threat. As long as we dedicate ourselves to military production right now, we should be able to continually send new forces to the front lines: ready to strike at Falcon's command.
I voted for the Top 4 because I truly believe we are not quite ready for Monarchy under our current situation.

I wrote the above quote in the Discussion thread on whether or not we should go to war with Japan. It contains the reasons I believe we should stay in Despotism during the infancy of this war - which will probably begin within the next 7-10 turns.

My main reasons:
1. Going into Monarchy without the benefit of mining or irrigation will not be a good trade off for 5-7 turns of Anarchy---at this time. During the war we can have some workers start on this.

2. Our cities are not large enough to support as large an army under Monarchy. Support will immediately be cut in half right when we need it most.

3. I don't think we should cave in to Japan's threats again. Therefore, an larger army is needed now.

4. With the Heroic Epic, we can get more GL's from this campaign and possibly win the race on some Great Wonders currently being built by other civs.

Shaitan, while the promise of Monarchy is tempting, I would ask everyone voting here to consider spending a bit more time in Despotism if we plan to win the upcoming campaign.

I don't agree with your logic on Heroic epic, it's just a small wonder so we're not in a race, we've just gotta complete it before we start the war. The anarchy and Monarchy does nothing to change that, it just gives us a delay on the start of an offensive.

Falcon, I am talking about Great Wonders---I am well aware that we don't have to race for the Heroic Epic. I just don't think we should bog down Bavaria's production of it longer than we have to. We need the capital to produce offensive units soon if we are to accomplish all that we must. You wanted close to 15 horsemen to be comfortable, right?

However, in regards to Great Wonders, upon further inspection of the current save game I have noticed that the only one available right now is the Great Lighthouse. While that one may not suit our needs, it would be nice to stash a Great Leader for the Sistine Chapel(a necessity IMHO).

What do you think of the rest of my logic, Falcon? I value your opinion greatly as you will be leading us to battle.

I can understand it now, but I still don't totally agree with you. The way I see it we will go to monarchy before war either way, that means regardless production (overall) and the war will be delayed those turns, and we will in the end be producing those GL's around the same time.

Let's say it'll take 20 turns to produce all we want and 7 turns of anarchy.

20 turns + 7 turns always equal 27 turns, regardless in what order you add it.

I don't think the Chapel is necessary, but if we get a GL I would be fore rushing it (assuming we're not too far away from being able to build it at the time). Since you can only have 1 GL at a time, I don't like keeping GL's around during wartime.

As the potential DP tomorrow night, could someone clarify 'When our defenses are in order?' This option, along with the completion of the heroic epic, will likely be to the only two factors considered

Cool, the sooner we get into Monarchy the better. I voted for before the War starts, but I can see now, I should have voted for none.

Top Bottom