What do you think is on the Horizon for 2020?

The pattern based on previous games would suggest it's time for a spin-off.
Spin-off vs. exp3: From my point of view a spin-off is not covered by dshirk's statement "We are still not done!". I expect something in the same context as the video, ie. on the same base (civ6vanilla).

Besides that it's time for a patch.

Last edited:
It feels like it might be a bit early for Civ7 just yet. There's always the field of economy and commerce that Civ could explore in more depth.

Also, while not exactly a powerful argument for another expansion, it would feel a bit odd if Civ6 would never get Portugal and the Byzantines in the end. The two have been in every game since Civ3 after all.

It feels like it might be a bit early for Civ7 just yet. There's always the field of economy and commerce that Civ could explore in more depth.

Also, while not exactly a powerful argument for another expansion, it would feel a bit odd if Civ6 would never get Portugal and the Byzantines in the end. The two have been in every game since Civ3 after all.
Not to mention Babylon, although it shows up in VI as a city state (but then again, Portugal does too as Lisbon), but city states don't really count IMO.

Yes, and then a remake to counter Amplitude's Humankind.. :yup:

Keep in mind even with a spin off doesn't mean it rules out a third EP. Ed and Dennis had minimal impact on Beyond Earth if any at all, it was a different team altogether. No reason to question that it would once again be a different team.

i see ..... lots of discussions on this forum , more discussions on reddit and a lot more wrong predictions of what will not happen.

Wow, how did you foresee that? Psychic. What are the next lottery numbers? :)

As for a spinoff, I'm not overly enthused by one. I was disappointed by Civ4 colonization despite liking Civ4. I liked Beyond Earth a bit more at least. Although honestly if they were going to have that many similarities to SMAC, they should have just made SMAC 2.

A 3rd expansion would be nice, or at least some stand alone civs as DLC.

I would still like to see the following leaders / civs added to Civ VI.

Martin Luther (alternate leader for the Holy Roman Empire / Germany)
Charles Lindbergh (alternate leader for America)
Jean Sibelius (Finland)
Charles Martel (Frankish Empire or alternate French leader)
Jean-Baptiste Colbert (alternate leader for France) (was Finance minister for King Louis and advocated Laissez-faire Economics)
Rollo of Normandy (Normans)

Since Prussia is not featured in the game, perhaps the Teutonic Order could be added to the game in place of Prussia? They could also try adding the Hanseatic league.

If there was a Mount Rushmore for Western Civilization, I would put Martel, Luther, Colbert, Sibelius and Lindbergh on it, as five of the most important figures in western history.

Hopefully a third expansion. Don't see why they limit themselves to two expansions per game, the genre is changing and Firaxis surely sees what is coming and focus on that.

If you guys haven't checked the [GS] Winter Update? thread, you should. Ten locked achievements appeared yesterday on Steam. Maybe, maybe a third expansion is no longer feasible. But the much anticipated patch is incoming and it might be bigger than expected!

If you guys haven't checked the [GS] Winter Update? thread, you should. Ten locked achievements appeared yesterday on Steam. Maybe, maybe a third expansion is no longer feasible. But the much anticipated patch is incoming and it might be bigger than expected!

I haven't been following that thread, guess I need to be. 10 ehh. Seems too small for a full expansion, but kind of a lot for a patch (we got 5 achievements with the last patch Red Death scenario).

achievements aren't showing up for me, may have to reload it.

I haven't been following that thread, guess I need to be. 10 ehh. Seems too small for a full expansion, but kind of a lot for a patch (we got 5 achievements with the last patch Red Death scenario).

The achievements are in the Steam test areas not released yet.

The achievements aren't live yet. FWIW, the Australia, Nubia, Poland, Indonesia/Khmer, and Persia/Macedon DLC all had 10 achievements as well.

If you don't hear from me for a while, just imagine that I'm staring deeply into the scrying flames of my holy brazier, attempting to tease out portents from the fickle realms of the Beyond.

Or I'm on vacation or something.

I've always thought the Delphic Oracle had the right system: breathe volcanic fumes until you're stoned out of your skull, make cryptic pronouncements that no one understands until After the Fact, when everyone can interpret the babbling any way they like. You're never wrong and get a reputation for inscrutability.

Or you just attach a keyboard to the holy brazier and search the scrying corners of the Web . . .

Spinoff? Civ6:Call to Power. :)

Would love to see another one like that (but with much better UI than from '99)
That's not a spinoff, but a ripoff. The counter to it were Civ2 Test of Time - hence my previous post in this thread.
Spoiler previous post :
Yes, and then a remake to counter Amplitude's Humankind.. :yup:

I'd be very disappointed to get a spinoff instead of a 3rd expansion. In fact I wish they'd just never do spinoffs at all, because they'll never be as good as a mainline game with expansions, and all they do is either take the place of an expansion or delay a new game.

I think that, unfortunately, we probably would have heard of a 3rd expansions by now if there was going to be one. Rise and Fall were both announced in November and released in February. If there was a third expansion they probably would have aimed to repeat that again; a 3+ month delay is reasonably sizeable for a dev cycle that persumably would have targeted a year. Back in November I was pretty confident in a third expansion, but now, it's dubious. But I very much hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I dont see development of civilization 6 ending without like 8 more community favorite leaders/civs.
Wether it is a third expansion or 2-3 decent mid/large sized patches with some milking of leader packs dlc’s.
I would rather see improvements of current systems and serious AI improvements on some area’s. Like naval and AI agressiveness after first 3 era’s. But marketing rather pushes out more content than fixing halfbaked systems.
if firaxis goes the route of focussing on more paid content with minimal improvements of the game i would feel dissapointed.
The game would end up as just a bit better as civ 5 but can’t stand in the shadow of civ 4.

Top Bottom