Votes: 27 41.5%
  • I hate them!

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • They're okay...

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 7 10.8%

• Total voters
I like them as well, the oil paintings in addition to the quote attached really make it feel like you accomplished something...well wonderful. Now if only the wonders themselves were good (From a game perspective). Most of them are just stat enhancers.

Qualifier for the "I like wonder movies" vote. I really only like them from Civ 2. If you haven't seen them you should look for them on Youtube. They went with some nice music, and the use of archival footage definitely gave the game a lot of a sense of history that is lacking in the other iterations. They provided for a nice break to the game and was a good payoff for the time/effort into building that wonder.

Wonder movies in Civ 4 was kinda boring and I usually just skipped them.

In cIV i like the movies but I always pressed to skip ahead. So i guess I would prefer the paintings.
I'll check out the Civ 2 Wonder movies on Youtube.

I like them, but after having seen them a few times, it's "meh". I would rather save on dev time and disk space to just have nice pictures and voice-overs with the option of turning them off if need be.

I voted 'They're okay...', but that was because I thought you were talking about how Civilizations V did it. If you meant the movies that Civilizations IV had, I'd vote for 'I love them!'.

The best wonder movies are in Civ2.They're made with a soul...not some crappy CGI.
Firaxis were so lazy that they didn't even include pictures\movies of projects(manhattan,apollo and others)

civ IV wonder movies > civ 5, I really liked seeing them built from the ground up really fast, that cool. Plus the this British voice actor is really, REALLY boring. :rolleyes:

Is it just me or is the Chitchen Itza one simply awesome?

Oh yeah, shockingly great. Almost worth building just for that.

BTW, is the poll about the Civ5 or Civ4 ones? Civ5 - I like, Civ4 - just OK, Civ3 - boring, Civ2 - amazing. I feel like there's more to care about in these simply pictures than all the Civ4 wonder movies (with the exception of the Great Wall, I liked the snake effect). But Civ4's style for all of them was pretty much the same, which got annoying.

The Civ V way is okay, definitely better than the quite awful movies in Civ IV. I never really saw the point of having a basically identical movie for each wonder. As said before in this thread, the absolutely best wonder movies were in Civ 2. A good second is Alpha Centauri. In both of those games I watched the wonder movies probably each and everytime I built a wonder. I also watched them outside the game because they were so awesome.

Yes, I prefer the Civ V approach over Civ IV. The pictures are quite beautiful, and I ended up skipping the movies in previous games anyway.

Even though I voted 'ok', for the most part I like them. It gives the game more of a historical documentary kind of feeling.

Civ5 doesn't have wonder 'movies'....it has wonder 'pictures' that zoom out.

I often watched the movies in Civ 2 and 4 (I can't remember 3. I was in college for most of three so....yeah) but I insta-skip the ones in 5. I really don't like the new narrator...his voice bugs me.

Top Bottom