What Events would you include?

I think 60 is a little old for those times...50 sounds more reasonable, also simply because the game tends to end around 210 anyway, and practically nobody is 50 at that time (except for very few heroes).
Maybe put in an function which gives the probability of dying increasing with each year beyond 50.

I think 60 is a little old for those times...50 sounds more reasonable, also simply because the game tends to end around 210 anyway, and practically nobody is 50 at that time (except for very few heroes).
Maybe put in an function which gives the probability of dying increasing with each year beyond 50.

The increasing probablity after 50 seems like a good idea to me. You would have to add a check to make sure that heroes that didn't die until late in life (Huang Zhong, Liao Hua ect.) don't get shafted out of a few years of life. Just remember though, once we get later scenarios, we might want some of our heroes to have longer lifespans :lol:
Perhaps a few events could be added that change the lifespan of heroes that they affect?

You know, I'd love a chaos system - events being random marriages or betrayals that suddenly form wars or alliances between the various factions, or various barbarian uprisings (lead by barbarian heroes.) Or perhaps events that suddenly split the most powerful factions.

You know Raize maybe instead of a random event for betrayals and arranged marriage, it can be a skill for advisors?

Event Ideas:

-Yellow Turban Rebels pillage the countryside (You can choose to rebuild an improvement with some $, pursue the yellow turbans and get experience for one of your units, but suffer the loss of the improvement, or do nothing)

-The city defenders are starved out (can occasionally occur after pillaging a farm square or few): Enemy City defenders do not recover health for 3 turns and may lose health.

-Literati flee another war and join your homeland (can choose to expel the literati and get +1 happiness or choose to accept them into your kingdom, in which case you get -1 happiness and +25% culture per turn in that city)

-A fanatical mystic undermines your authority (Accept his beliefs, which gives you +1 happiness in all cities, but 1 turn of anarchy or Execute the deceiver! which gives -1 happiness in some cities, but no anarchy)

-The enemy has burnt your supplies (up to 3 units have their unit strength docked by half)

-Resettled barbarians grow in number (+1 population, but part of the territory becomes 20% barbarian)

-Heavy torrents impede your army's advance (Advance more cautiously: All units on a square are unable to move for a turn, but fortify their position. Proceed forward: Lose a random unit)

Top Bottom